This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Well, the scoreboard is not on the list of things to be replaced. BUT, I was told that the Aces had a meeting with the Mayor and were confident that they could get private sponsors to pay for the new video screens, and that's why they aren't on the list. So still some hope.
    Let's take a look at the GCI Alaska Airlines ConocoPhillips Scoreboard presented by (insert Native Corporation here)!!!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Let's take a look at the GCI Alaska Airlines ConocoPhillips Scoreboard presented by (insert Native Corporation here)!!!
      Ugh, I know. But you know what, I don't care who sponsors it as long as we get it! I sent an email to the Parks & Rec Director, he's supposed to know the timeline of when the ice rinks will get the upgrades. I am hoping it will be this summer for the Sully!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Thanks all for the info regarding the scoreboard age & other related info!

I was curious about a similar case scenario that has happened elsewhere and I found this on the CenturyLink arena in Omaha:

For the first time since it was built in 2003, the arena is getting a new scoreboard, along with new digital panels that run around the sides of the arena and updated marquees outside. It's a big investment: $4.2 million for the updates that visitors will be able to see and $1.6 million more for new video control room equipment behind the scenes.

That's a pretty sharp scoreboard and surrounding arena panels. A bit pricey but man wouldn't that look nice in the Sullivan Arena.

Also for comparison's sake here's the Ralph's scoreboard:

Last edited by Alaskana; 12-23-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskana View Post
          Thanks all for the info regarding the scoreboard age & other related info!

I was curious about a similar case scenario that has happened elsewhere and I found this on the CenturyLink arena in Omaha:

That's a pretty sharp scoreboard and surrounding arena panels. A bit pricey but man wouldn't that look nice in the Sullivan Arena.

Also for comparison's sake here's the Ralph's scoreboard:

Sweet pictures. I don't think we'll get anything that elaborate though. Sigh.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Sweet pictures. I don't think we'll get anything that elaborate though. Sigh.
            We could probably get one like Tech at the Macinnes, that only cost ~ $600k and it's pretty good.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

We could probably get one like Tech at the Macinnes, that only cost ~ $600k and it's pretty good.
              Well, if they didn't spend the alloted $720,000 on a storage building, then they'd have the money for the scoreboard! That must be a doozie of a storage building. It's 4800 square feet. I wonder where that will go?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well, if they didn't spend the alloted $720,000 on a storage building, then they'd have the money for the scoreboard! That must be a doozie of a storage building. It's 4800 square feet. I wonder where that will go?
                The basketball court and floor boards I imagine. That would open more space.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

To elaborate, the floorboards to cover the ice, the basketball court, and associated stuff (basketball hoops etc.) are stored underneath the South stands in a large room basically the entire length of the ice. The problem is that space for improvements is non-existent. The North side is filled with three, not very big, locker rooms (Vistor, Aces, UAA, plus a trainers room that UAA/Aces share) with a locker room/break room for employees there as well. The Northwest corner is the entrance plus a few small rooms, The West end is the offices. The Southwest corner has a small VIP room, the referees locker room, and some storage and mechanical rooms (plus an entrance that's used during concerts). The Southeast corner is an entrance and where the ice making system is. The East side is where the Zambonis and stuff are. The Northeast corner has the elevator.

Basically building a storage room opens up a huge amount of space for things. The biggest things I could see back there would be new locker rooms for UAA and the Aces.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

To elaborate, the floorboards to cover the ice, the basketball court, and associated stuff (basketball hoops etc.) are stored underneath the South stands in a large room basically the entire length of the ice. The problem is that space for improvements is non-existent. The North side is filled with three, not very big, locker rooms (Vistor, Aces, UAA, plus a trainers room that UAA/Aces share) with a locker room/break room for employees there as well. The Northwest corner is the entrance plus a few small rooms, The West end is the offices. The Southwest corner has a small VIP room, the referees locker room, and some storage and mechanical rooms (plus an entrance that's used during concerts). The Southeast corner is an entrance and where the ice making system is. The East side is where the Zambonis and stuff are. The Northeast corner has the elevator.

Basically building a storage room opens up a huge amount of space for things. The biggest things I could see back there would be new locker rooms for UAA and the Aces.
                    I'm sure the teams would love new locker rooms. However, since it took so long to repair the roof, and to get the money to do the upgrades that were just appropriated for, I think it will be a long time before any more improvements are made. Just an educated guess, of course.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I'm sure the teams would love new locker rooms. However, since it took so long to repair the roof, and to get the money to do the upgrades that were just appropriated for, I think it will be a long time before any more improvements are made. Just an educated guess, of course.
                      I had read somewhere one time that they wanted to expand the south and north Mezanine with seats. I wonder if that still a long term plan

Comment

I have always laughed at the fact the Aces ownership never tries to strongarm the city for improvements. If I was the Aces owner I'd have had a new locker room, new scoreboard, new equipment etc. years ago. Or have the team in a new market, if they called the bluff.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I have always laughed at the fact the Aces ownership never tries to strongarm the city for improvements. If I was the Aces owner I'd have had a new locker room, new scoreboard, new equipment etc. years ago. Or have the team in a new market, if they called the bluff.
                          I know, I've never understood that either. The Sully would be losing a ton of money without the hockey teams ... which should be a sobering thought for Mayor SULLIVAN.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            I know, I've never understood that either. The Sully would be losing a ton of money without the hockey teams ... which should be a sobering thought for Mayor SULLIVAN.
                            Indeed it would be a very sobering thought for mayor sneak.
                            And guess what that thought would be?
                            That's right.....tennis courts at the Sully!

Comment

It's funny because the Aces completely own the media in this town. You'd think it'd be easy as pie to rally a campaign to strongarm the City and the State into money for improvements. I know I'm kinda overstating the impact of a AA Hockey Team but the Aces have that kind of impact.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                Indeed it would be a very sobering thought for mayor sneak.
                                And guess what that thought would be?
                                That's right.....tennis courts at the Sully!
                                Ahhh, that was good for a laugh, Seawolf Fan. Merry Christmas to you and all of Seawolf Nation!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X