X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Suze, I agree with your bet.
    However it's difficult to determine how much money you're talking about.
    At this point it appears the tennis folks got $4.4. Mayor Sneak wanted something north of $7.2.
    $7.2 - $4.4 = $2.8 for the tennis folks to raise....and I'm pretty sure Sneak had a larger figure in mind. When Demboski put Sneak in his place and he lost the vote he stormed out acting like a spoiled brat.
    In my opinion Sneak won't quit here. He and his fellow co-conspirators Johnson & Hall along with the Spenard legislator battling her recall will concoct some backdoor, in the dark of night subterfuge to get their claws on that money.
    Wanna bet????
    I don't ever win bets ... just ask Mr. Suze But I do think we haven't heard the end of this!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

New recruit via Doyle, Wyatt ege from the Fairbanks ice dogs for 2015. Short dude at 5"11. Welcome Wyatt to Seawolf nation.
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

I don't have all the detail but there's been some chatter around the local rinks that the Muni is planning to mothball one of the sheets of ice in town. Either in BB or DA. I'm not sure if this is being done to prepare for renovations or if it's, as some people are saying,...because there isn't enough "demand".

Anyone have additional information on this proposal? I'm laking facts but have plenty of theories.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
          New recruit via Doyle, Wyatt ege from the Fairbanks ice dogs for 2015. Short dude at 5"11. Welcome Wyatt to Seawolf nation.
          Sounds solid, thanks for the info!

The ADN lists the Aces attendance tonight at 3,338. I watched the highlights on TV, the yellow seats were even more empty then they were at the last UAA game. I guess all of the Aces fans must have been sitting in the balcony, eh?
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeytownak View Post
            I don't have all the detail but there's been some chatter around the local rinks that the Muni is planning to mothball one of the sheets of ice in town. Either in BB or DA. I'm not sure if this is being done to prepare for renovations or if it's, as some people are saying,...because there isn't enough "demand".

Anyone have additional information on this proposal? I'm laking facts but have plenty of theories.
            At last nights Assembly meeting they discussed replacing one sheet of ice at the BB - and having enough money set aside to replace the second sheet (it was estimated the second sheet of ice would last another 6 years). From the 10.5 million that was appropriated, Ben Boeke got $1.135 million, and Dempsey Anderson $520k. Hopefully you are just hearing unfounded rumors.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Sounds solid, thanks for the info!

The ADN lists the Aces attendance tonight at 3,338. I watched the highlights on TV, the yellow seats were even more empty then they were at the last UAA game. I guess all of the Aces fans must have been sitting in the balcony, eh?
              It's a Wednesday night game, those normally don't sell out. And when it comes to attendance, most sponsors buy a butt load of tickets and never get used which is why you get higher #s (most sporting events are like this)
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

I am really hoping that the Sullivan gets the new glass next year along with the replacement lower bowl seats as well as the new scoreboard too! This is with the replacement of the ice that was already scheduled to happen! That will be a good day in Seawolf hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                  I am really hoping that the Sullivan gets the new glass next year along with the replacement lower bowl seats as well as the new scoreboard too! This is with the replacement of the ice that was already scheduled to happen! That will be a good day in Seawolf hockey!
                  I am hoping they get ALL of these improvements. Look how long it took to get the roof repaired! It's their only shot for a long time.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The young man is 18 and coming in at 20????
                    With the right eating and conditioning regimen he should be a good sized addition to our program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                      The young man is 18 and coming in at 20????
                      With the right eating and conditioning regimen he should be a good sized addition to our program.
                      That's not uncommon, Hudson friesen is only 20, and bailey was 19 when he joined.

Comment

That's not uncommon, Hudson friesen is only 20, and bailey was 19 when he joined.
                        Meant it as an upside. Just get these guys a whole bunch of calories and workout regimen and they're ready to go at 20.
                        Gain 10 pounds of muscle a year is what he should be shooting for.
                        And that's a realistic goal.
                        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 12-19-2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          Well that would be nice start to renovations. Just need about $60-$80 million more...
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Well that would be nice start to renovations. Just need about $60-$80 million more...
                            For a new arena! No matter how much they fix up the Sully, it's still old and outdated. Still, with the renovations they are talking about, it should be a lot more enjoyable for the fans.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              For a new arena! No matter how much they fix up the Sully, it's still old and outdated. Still, with the renovations they are talking about, it should be a lot more enjoyable for the fans.
                              That's pretty much the point with all of this. For the money it would take to fix up the Sully to acceptable levels you may as well just build a new building.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Merry Christmas, Seawolves. And I guess I'll include Seawolf Fan. But probably not Alaska Hockey.

(Ok fine, Alaska Hockey too)
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X