X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Whoever is doing the SOG call needs improvement. Maybe that seat doesn't have a very good view because this appears to be a multi year long problem on both ends of the ice.
    Whoever is doing the music this year is doing a great job!
    The shot count has been a problem for a long time. A few years ago the coaching staff decided they would have someone on the bench track the shots and see how they measured up with the "official" count. I don't know what ever came of that experiment. But clearly some change is in order.

I heard a rumor about Lyle in the booster room, and if it's true it may be a case of personal matters taking preference. I do prefer him and hope all is well with he and his family.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I wish Lyle only the best in his personal life.
      Whoever is doing the music this year is doing an excellent job.
      Have heard nothing but compliments on his/her play selections.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what happened to Lyle woods? Did he quit again?
        Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I heard a rumor about Lyle in the booster room, and if it's true it may be a case of personal matters taking preference. I do prefer him and hope all is well with he and his family.
        Lyle has been gone due to family matters. I believe he will be back in the second half

Comment

Whoever is doing the SOG call needs improvement. Maybe that seat doesn't have a very good view because this appears to be a multi year long problem on both ends of the ice.
          The shot count has been a problem for a long time. A few years ago the coaching staff decided they would have someone on the bench track the shots and see how they measured up with the "official" count. I don't know what ever came of that experiment. But clearly some change is in order.
          All off ice officials are volunteers. There has been difficulties the last couple years of finding people who will fill those spots. That has resulted in short staffing for some of the positions. I agree that there is some problems with counting shots on a regular basis. Since these are all volunteer positions, if anybody is interested in consistently helping, I'm sure that would help alleviate some of the problems.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
            All off ice officials are volunteers. There has been difficulties the last couple years of finding people who will fill those spots. That has resulted in short staffing for some of the positions. I agree that there is some problems with counting shots on a regular basis. Since these are all volunteer positions, if anybody is interested in consistently helping, I'm sure that would help alleviate some of the problems.
            At UAH, it's a volunteer or student staffer. One night, we were going to be very short-handed, and I had my choice (because I'm awesome) of +/- or SOG. Guess which one I picked!

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Seawolves Fan View Post
              So just where does the SOG person sit at Sully?
              Press box?
              Official box by penalty box?
              Up with the video folks?
              And how about that poor person who has to keep track of + -?
              That's gotta be a super tough job.
              Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 12-15-2013, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Shots on goal is a bit tricky. Has to result in a goal or a save or it's nothing. Off the post...no shot on goal. Off the crossbar, no shot on goal.
                If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                  Shots on goal is a bit tricky. Has to result in a goal or a save or it's nothing. Off the post...no shot on goal. Off the crossbar, no shot on goal.
                  Off a defender, blocked shot.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    You then have to credit a specific defender. All of this gets entered by one person. It ain't easy.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Press box?
                      Up with the video folks?
                      I thought the shot keeper sat where the refs do video review, but I very well could be wrong. Of course, it would be difficult when they are on one side of the ice and the shot comes to the goalie on the opposite side of the ice. It can be hard to tell if a shot is on net or not, depending on where they are sitting. I have seen shots credited and then removed, and I wonder what prompts that action. At least it's not as bad as it was a few years ago when DD ranted and raved about it. There were times when the shots were credited to the wrong team, and I haven't seen that happen this season.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Press box?
                        Up with the video folks?
                        Thanks for all the input but it begs the questions.
                        repeating:
                        Press box?
                        Up with the video folks?

Comment

I thought the shot keeper sat where the refs do video review, but I very well could be wrong. Of course, it would be difficult when they are on one side of the ice and the shot comes to the goalie on the opposite side of the ice. It can be hard to tell if a shot is on net or not, depending on where they are sitting. I have seen shots credited and then removed, and I wonder what prompts that action. At least it's not as bad as it was a few years ago when DD ranted and raved about it. There were times when the shots were credited to the wrong team, and I haven't seen that happen this season.
                          And unfortunately we haven't seen much of DD this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                            Thanks for all the input but it begs the questions.
                            repeating:
                            Press box?
                            Up with the video folks?
                            The most logical choice would be the goal judge. But we don't want to bring logic into this. The score keepers area by the penalty boxes is horrible to view shots from. You would think it is great but it sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Yeah, you see goalies make glove saves wide of the net...no shot on goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                                The most logical choice would be the goal judge. But we don't want to bring logic into this. The score keepers area by the penalty boxes is horrible to view shots from. You would think it is great but it sucks.
                                ..........and the video to do slow replays
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X