PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54

Jimjamesak
01-12-2014, 02:46 PM
The one thing I'd like to see next weekend is the look on peoples faces when they say "from Alpharetta Georgia..." :D

Alaska Hockey
01-12-2014, 03:06 PM
How sweep it is. Nice job boys.
Nice series Seawolves, see you in Huntsville.

seawolfpunk
01-12-2014, 03:42 PM
I think anyone who was at the game last night agrees with this statement. LaFontaines hit on Hubbs should have been a major. It looked like a deliberate hit to the head. The penalty on Bailey (when he was the one getting mugged) was a joke. The refs looked the other way, especially toward the end of the third period. When we had the 4 on 4, Mankato had too many men on the ice. I could go on and on. Reminded me of a game years ago when UAA had to beat both DU and the refs. I think the players got so ticked off it made them play even harder and want to win even more.

This was the only game this season that I can say I've been angry at the job the refs have done.

I agree on that **** poor call on bailey and the lafontaine hit. The face masking rule is a dumb rule, like Thomas said in the post game, we are not Playing football.

Suze
01-12-2014, 04:37 PM
I agree on that **** poor call on bailey and the lafontaine hit. The face masking rule is a dumb rule, like Thomas said in the post game, we are not Playing football.

We didn't get to hear much of the post game ... 650 went out on us for some reason, all we had was static? Strange. I saw Thomas having a long chat with both refs before the start of the 3rd period, I think he was very frustrated (he was very animated). I saw a face mask penalty called during a college game I was watching on TV last weekend, and it was also a 5 minute major.

I caught something watching the replay of the game ... the penalty Sevalrud took in the 3rd was indeed a crosscheck, but he did it to protect Kamal after Mankato actually slashed Chris in the facemask ... Tuttle caught that one ... and of course there was no call on Mankato.

Suze
01-12-2014, 04:38 PM

Oh that's right, you are making this trip, correct? Take some pictures for me!

seawolfpunk
01-12-2014, 04:45 PM
We didn't get to hear much of the post game ... 650 went out on us for some reason, all we had was static? Strange. I saw Thomas having a long chat with both refs before the start of the 3rd period, I think he was very frustrated (he was very animated). I saw a face mask penalty called during a college game I was watching on TV last weekend, and it was also a 5 minute major.

By the rule book, they called it right cause I did see Trupp grab someone's mask, however i still think it's a dumb rule and there should've been some coincidental minors added to it as well.

One other note, glad we beat Williams, uaf fans should be glad he's not on there team, every game I've seen him play, he's acted like a whiny *****, last night was no different

Alaska Hockey
01-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Oh that's right, you are making this trip, correct? Take some pictures for me!

I better take those pictures early because later could get ugly.

Seawolf Fan
01-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Anyone going to start a UAA/UAH thread or what?
I've heard several Seawolf folks say they are making the trip.

gfmorris
01-12-2014, 08:11 PM
The one thing I'd like to see next weekend is the look on peoples faces when they say "from Alpharetta Georgia..." :D

Look, Nic Down (SCSU) is a Huntsville kid. We know that we don't get them all. We have our quota! ;)

Anyone going to start a UAA/UAH thread or what?
I've heard several Seawolf folks say they are making the trip.

We really don't participate in them (as you know via my email, Seawolf Fan). Our fan base is pretty beaten down at this point — our school-specific thread is pretty much UAHStatman and me at this point, and we're only passing along things that we wrote on UAHHockey.com.

GFM

Suze
01-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Look, Nic Down (SCSU) is a Huntsville kid. We know that we don't get them all. We have our quota! ;)

We really don't participate in them (as you know via my email, Seawolf Fan). Our fan base is pretty beaten down at this point our school-specific thread is pretty much UAHStatman and me at this point, and we're only passing along things that we wrote on UAHHockey.com.

GFM

We appreciate your posts! Believe me, UAA fans know what it's like to feel beaten down. It will get better.

Seawolf Fan
01-12-2014, 08:49 PM
We appreciate your posts! Believe me, UAA fans know what it's like to feel beaten down. It will get better.
Agreed Suze, however hopefully not this weekend.
Let them win their second game AFTER our guys leave Chargerland.

Suze
01-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Agreed Suze, however hopefully not this weekend.
Let them win their second game AFTER our guys leave Chargerland.

Maybe they'll beat UA_ in a few weeks! ;)

AlaskaRox
01-13-2014, 01:08 AM

Wish I could go too! :( My brother, his wife & his 6 kids & his mother-in-law all live just outside of Huntsvile. I'm going try talking him to going to the game.

On Saturday night when I was listening to Kurt & Tuttle on the way home.. Kurt said "I hope to be in some sunny 60-something degrees in Huntsville this Friday"...

But on the 10-day weather forecast, they're predicting on Friday, 01/17:

Anchorage ☀ high 36 / low 31
Huntsville ❈ high 33 / low 23

Poor Kurty Kurt.. :D

Suze
01-13-2014, 01:12 AM
Wish I could go too! :( My brother, his wife & his 6 kids & his mother-in-law all live just outside of Huntsvile. I'm going try talking him to going to the game.

On Saturday night when I was listening to Kurt & Tuttle on the way home.. Kurt said "I hope to be in some sunny 60-something degrees in Huntsville this Friday"...

But on the 10-day weather forecast, they're predicting on Friday, 01/17:

Anchorage ☀ high 36 / low 31
Huntsville ❈ high 33 / low 23

Poor Kurty Kurt.. :D

Well, weather can change a lot between now and Friday. Hoping there is nice weather for the team, especially since it was so cold when they got stuck in Minnesota. Does anyone know if these games will be on GCI TV?

Seawolf Fan
01-13-2014, 12:04 PM
If we take care of business this weekend and with a little help from Ferris our Seawolves could find themselves in rarified air for this late in the season.

gfmorris
01-13-2014, 08:13 PM
It's going to be cold and rainy, which is pretty normal for North Alabama. It was cold and rainy all day today, and I'm in a foul mood because of it.

GFM

Suze
01-14-2014, 12:58 AM
It's going to be cold and rainy, which is pretty normal for North Alabama. It was cold and rainy all day today, and I'm in a foul mood because of it.

GFM

I bet your idea of cold and Alaskan's idea of cold are two different things. What was the temperature?

Seawolf Fan
01-14-2014, 08:52 AM

GFM
When the weather doesn't go just the way you want it to, you may want to give a thought to who your coach is. That thought should brighten your day.
On the Seawolves first final six coach search go around Mike was my and a lot of other Seawolve fans first choice.
Look what he's done with the Chargers already. They may not have elite skill sets but there is no quit in that team. That says a lot about the coach.
With his recruiting background (Air Force has a lot of recruiting limitations) it's only a matter of time until he puts a competitive team on the ice.
If that thought doesn't cheer a person up then they're just whimps. Give them an umbrella to hide under.

gfmorris
01-14-2014, 02:53 PM
I bet your idea of cold and Alaskan's idea of cold are two different things. What was the temperature?

I generally don't mind temperatures near 0F, but I loathe anything between 35-45F if it's raining even just a drizzle. I get way colder then than I do when it's 5F and wintry, as it was here last week. I don't know why this is, either.

When the weather doesn't go just the way you want it to, you may want to give a thought to who your coach is. That thought should brighten your day.
On the Seawolves first final six coach search go around Mike was my and a lot of other Seawolve fans first choice.
Look what he's done with the Chargers already. They may not have elite skill sets but there is no quit in that team. That says a lot about the coach.
With his recruiting background (Air Force has a lot of recruiting limitations) it's only a matter of time until he puts a competitive team on the ice.
If that thought doesn't cheer a person up then they're just whimps. Give them an umbrella to hide under.

Oh, I'm very glad that y'all's ... situation ... led us to getting Corbs. He's a fantastic face and force for our program. Our boys want that second notch very, very much, and I'm sure that they're expecting it to happen this weekend. :)

GFM

seawolfpunk
01-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Kamal got wcha defensive player of the week