PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

revfnb
01-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Unless UAH can upset someone in the finally half of the season the games against them will be a wash for home play off.

vizoroo
01-11-2014, 07:20 PM
We had 29 against uw
My mistake sorry. 11 in the 3rd period:o

Now i remember Minnesota Wild had 11 shots and scored 5 goals:eek:

vizoroo
01-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Yeah, and I could be totally wrong here but maybe coach Thomas is encouraging the guys to focus on quality of shots vs quantity of shots.

Either way, congrats Seawolves! Oh, and chat will be up tonight at http://www.tinychat.com/alaskana for any interested (including Mav fans).
If I'm not too depressed if the Cloudies do a number on the Pios, I'll drop in.

Go Seawolves!

seawolfpunk
01-11-2014, 07:25 PM
My mistake sorry. 11 in the 3rd period:o

Now i remember Minnesota Wild had 11 shots and scored 5 goals:eek:

No worries. Go pios Against scsu

seawolfpunk
01-12-2014, 12:45 AM
How sweep it is. Nice job boys.

UAA Fan in Florida
01-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Wow, what an ending! Refs did all they could to hand it to MSUM.

Btw, for playoffs, you do not want to come into this house! Other than the lack of fans(tickets are just too steep, don't give them away, but try to fill the Sully, lower bowl at least,) it seems like we own this barn.

It's a Great Day to be a Seawolf!!!!!

uaafanblog
01-12-2014, 01:24 AM
Real nice sweep that sure helps in the standings. A bigger plus is the belief and attitude going 4-1 in your last five games should build in the boys. Chris "Wall" Kamal sure played well. Seems like he must really be relaxed as I think he was down the stretch when we went to the final five. There's lots to still do before busting out the champagne and all but things sure look positive. The coach has them playing well no matter the lineup it seems and I get a sense that some of the freshman are finding their stride.

I hope they're having fun ... that isn't something that has been a frequent occurrence for them over the past few years ...

Down the road they have 6 WCHA series left with 24 points at stake. 3 of them are against teams below us in the standings ... 3 against teams above us. Only 2 of those 6 series are at home. Getting maximum points against Huntsville next weekend is pretty vital since as was said earlier since it looks as if everyone else is likely to.

I hope the team is actively looking at the standings. They are in a decent spot to begin to move up and circumstances could soon see them having the controlling interest in who gets the last home-ice spot for the playoffs. Another must have series will be against NMU. They currently have four games in hand and are only 3 points behind UAA.

Could take as much as 33 points to secure 4th place and home-ice for the playoffs but I'm guessing it will be closer to 29.

AlaskaRox
01-12-2014, 01:44 AM
-
Watching the replay on Channel 1 ~~ David Tuttle said last sweep against Mankato at *home was 20 years ago this week .. January 15 & 16th, 1993 ... Wow! :eek:

*I didn't catch whether he said it was first sweep in 20 years both @ home & there, or just at home? :confused:

In any event.... Way to go SEAWOLVES !!

Suze
01-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Real nice sweep that sure helps in the standings. A bigger plus is the belief and attitude going 4-1 in your last five games should build in the boys. Chris "Wall" Kamal sure played well. Seems like he must really be relaxed as I think he was down the stretch when we went to the final five. There's lots to still do before busting out the champagne and all but things sure look positive. The coach has them playing well no matter the lineup it seems and I get a sense that some of the freshman are finding their stride.

I hope they're having fun ... that isn't something that has been a frequent occurrence for them over the past few years ...

Down the road they have 6 WCHA series left with 24 points at stake. 3 of them are against teams below us in the standings ... 3 against teams above us. Only 2 of those 6 series are at home. Getting maximum points against Huntsville next weekend is pretty vital since as was said earlier since it looks as if everyone else is likely to.

I hope the team is actively looking at the standings. They are in a decent spot to begin to move up and circumstances could soon see them having the controlling interest in who gets the last home-ice spot for the playoffs. Another must have series will be against NMU. They currently have four games in hand and are only 3 points behind UAA.

Could take as much as 33 points to secure 4th place and home-ice for the playoffs but I'm guessing it will be closer to 29.

The players seem to be buying into what Coach Thomas is trying to instill. They look very solid ... but still need to work on their power play (it's been pretty poor). Kamal's hot hand saved our butt last night. Tonight many of the Mankato shots were not of good quality and were shot right into his chest. UAA did a good job of keeping them to the outside for the most part. Very proud of my boys!!

seawolfpunk
01-12-2014, 02:00 AM
-
Watching the replay on Channel 1 ~~ David Tuttle said last sweep against Mankato at *home was 20 years ago this week .. January 15 & 16th, 1993 ... Wow! :eek:

*I didn't catch whether he said it was first sweep in 20 years both @ home & there, or just at home? :confused:

First sweep at home of Mankato, we have swept them in Mankato in 2011

Jimjamesak
01-12-2014, 02:04 AM
That's right, it was right before sweeping Minnesota in the playoffs.

Jimjamesak
01-12-2014, 02:05 AM
-

Somehow Mankato has been our boogeyman over the years. Hopefully this a change in the trend.

AlaskaRox
01-12-2014, 02:07 AM

Ok~ :) Thank you Seawolfpunk ~ ☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

UAA Fan in Florida
01-12-2014, 02:15 AM
I'm still kinda wondering about GT situation. Did Thomas give Matty some games to groom for the future as Kamal and Gundy are both gone next year? And did he play Gundy first half, and Kamal 2nd, supposedly splitting games with Matty also? Only Kamal is on fire and coach isn't gonna play that game now that the team is trully jelling?

Suze
01-12-2014, 02:16 AM
That's right, it was right before sweeping Minnesota in the playoffs.

Hmm, I thought that was Duluth and not Mankato? Have to check on that, I'm probably wrong.

Suze
01-12-2014, 02:19 AM
I'm still kinda wondering about GT situation. Did Thomas give Matty some games to groom for the future as Kamal and Gundy are both gone next year? And did he play Gundy first half, and Kamal 2nd, supposedly splitting games with Matty also? Only Kamal is on fire and coach isn't gonna play that game now that the team is trully jelling?

Matty did get his share of chances in the first half of the season, splitting with Gundy ... although Gundy got most of the starts. Kamal really started picking things up in practice and coach decided to let him start ... then Matty burned his hand and Gundy was injured, so Kamal continued to play ... and shine ... I can't see coach changing much at this point since they are having so much success.

Hal9K
01-12-2014, 04:01 AM
Had to watch the replay without sound :(
Who were those refs? They sucked balls. No goal? Lmao. No contact to the head on Trupp in the corner in the 2nd? Really?
Looked like left over WCHA garbage ref's we know and love...and should have gotten rid of.

seawolfpunk
01-12-2014, 12:06 PM
I just want to say hats off to Ben Matthews, at the beginning of the season I didn't think he would be playing much if any games this season, he has defiantly stepped it up since Thomas stuck him in the lineup.

Suze
01-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Had to watch the replay without sound :(
Who were those refs? They sucked balls. No goal? Lmao. No contact to the head on Trupp in the corner in the 2nd? Really?
Looked like left over WCHA garbage ref's we know and love...and should have gotten rid of.

I think anyone who was at the game last night agrees with this statement. LaFontaines hit on Hubbs should have been a major. It looked like a deliberate hit to the head. The penalty on Bailey (when he was the one getting mugged) was a joke. The refs looked the other way, especially toward the end of the third period. When we had the 4 on 4, Mankato had too many men on the ice. I could go on and on. Reminded me of a game years ago when UAA had to beat both DU and the refs. I think the players got so ticked off it made them play even harder and want to win even more.

This was the only game this season that I can say I've been angry at the job the refs have done.

Suze
01-12-2014, 02:25 PM
I just want to say hats off to Ben Matthews, at the beginning of the season I didn't think he would be playing much if any games this season, he has defiantly stepped it up since Thomas stuck him in the lineup.

Ditto! And I heard that his 91 year old grandfather got to witness his first goal last weekend!

The last time UAA was on a roll they got cocky and got swept by a team they should have swept. Here's hoping they don't overlook Huntsville ... who played a good Saturday night game against the Badgers a couple weeks ago.