X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Scott leads the WCHA in Scoring (9 points) and Power Play Goals (3) and second in the league in goals with (6). Also Jordon Kwas leads the league in assists with (6).
    Very cool, thanks for the info! I was too lazy to look it up. Didn't someone say he wasn't "DI" material? Hmmm.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      I noticed that as well. Kurt said that Scott Allen's parents were there - so glad he got a hatty in front of them! Congrats Scott. Maybe he'll get WCHA offensive play of the week!
      Allen's parents sat a few rows in front of me at Saturdays BSU vs UAA game. His dad was pretty pumped for goal number one and his enthusiasm stepped up a notch after goal number two and obviously through the roof for the hat trick. I had to walk down and give him a high five. He had a ear to ear grin and he was contemplating if he should toss his hat on the ice. Good stuff.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmann View Post
        Allen's parents sat a few rows in front of me at Saturdays BSU vs UAA game. His dad was pretty pumped for goal number one and his enthusiasm stepped up a notch after goal number two and obviously through the roof for the hat trick. I had to walk down and give him a high five. He had a ear to ear grin and he was contemplating if he should toss his hat on the ice. Good stuff.
        Imagine what that kid could do if he adds 15lbs of muscle.
        Hopefully most of it in his legs and butt.
        It'd be pretty hard to knock him off the puck.

Comment

Side bet? .....Birdman want to put some of your "lunch money" in jeopardy?
          Have you collected from him yet?
          Or did the troll just shoot his mouth off and then slink off without taking the bet?
          More likely a troll like him took the bet and then failed to pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            I would like to give kudos to the UAA fans at the games Friday and Saturday. I was impressed with both their enthusiasm and civility.
            What did you anticipate? UAA Fans are from the "city", don’t compare us to fans of the “village” team.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              Or did the troll just shoot his mouth off and then slink off without taking the bet?
              Yap and slither
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Want some interesting reading material? Read some of the documents from the last Assembly meeting. Here's a start:

http://publicdocs.muni.org/sirepub/c...0130339327.PDF

Keith Hackett and Terry Parks submitted a letter to the Mayor and the Assembly for the upgrades they want for the Sully. I know someone who works for the Mayor, and I have been told money has already been appropriated for the upgrades, but it appears the tennis community wants 10 mil of that $$ for their new facility. I watched the testimony from the last Assembly meeting and almost everyone that addressed the Assembly was a tennis supporter. This will be addressed on Tuesday at the next Assembly meeting ... hopefully they will decide in favor of Sullivan Arena upgrades. Keeping fingers crossed!

So glad our new AD is on top of this!!! The only way I can see anything getting done is to team up with Aces management, as he has done here.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Want some interesting reading material? Read some of the documents from the last Assembly meeting. Here's a start:

http://publicdocs.muni.org/sirepub/c...0130339327.PDF

Keith Hackett and Terry Parks submitted a letter to the Mayor and the Assembly for the upgrades they want for the Sully. I know someone who works for the Mayor, and I have been told money has already been appropriated for the upgrades, but it appears the tennis community wants 10 mil of that $$ for their new facility. I watched the testimony from the last Assembly meeting and almost everyone that addressed the Assembly was a tennis supporter. This will be addressed on Tuesday at the next Assembly meeting ... hopefully they will decide in favor of Sullivan Arena upgrades. Keeping fingers crossed!

So glad our new AD is on top of this!!! The only way I can see anything getting done is to team up with Aces management, as he has done here.
                  Fairly certain the budget for ice rink upgrades was 28.3 mil. Through the mystery that is political sleight of hand the number some how turned into $37 mil with the addition of the tennis courts, 28.3 is being spent on hockey upgrades if the tennis facility gets built, as was always intended. Hockey people want all the money now. Mayor Dan hid that extra cash in there it's his, hockey peeps weren't smart enough to get it. This is America get your own.
                  If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                    Fairly certain the budget for ice rink upgrades was 28.3 mil. Through the mystery that is political sleight of hand the number some how turned into $37 mil with the addition of the tennis courts, 28.3 is being spent on hockey upgrades if the tennis facility gets built, as was always intended. Hockey people want all the money now. Mayor Dan hid that extra cash in there it's his, hockey peeps weren't smart enough to get it. This is America get your own.
                    Can't say I'm overly impressed with Sullivan right now. I still say they should not be building any NEW facilities until they take care of the ones they already have ... and have neglected. Studies need to be done on how much maintenance a tennis facility would need and at what cost. Also, is there any way to find out how much money the city has made off of the Aces and UAA via their use of the Sully? I'd love to know - I bet it's a lot of $$

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Hoping Sully gets the upgrades!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                        I don't remeber a bet, but thanks for thinking about me during your celebration of a tie, or were you celebrating your leading scorer after 8 games, awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by birdman View Post
                          I don't remeber a bet, but thanks for thinking about me during your celebration of a tie, or were you celebrating your leading scorer after 8 games, awesome.
                          Let's put it this way: our tie puts us ahead of your penalty ridden goons and yes our guys are way out in front of your pathetic lack of offense in the scoring column
                          Pretty much says it all. Can't remember the bets you lose.
                          Go stoke your polluting wood stove and light a candle, as that village you squat in can't keep the lights on.

Comment

It will, i guess there is an assembly meeting tomorrow to discuss if we build a tennis facility, if we use the tennis money for hockey, or if we send the tennis money back. You know we should have indoor facilities here for all sports.
                            Oops, sorry meant to quote Wolfman........Hoping the Sully gets the upgrades.
                            Last edited by Hal9K; 11-18-2013, 01:59 PM.
                            If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                              It will, i guess there is an assembly meeting tomorrow to discuss if we build a tennis facility, if we use the tennis money for hockey, or if we send the tennis money back. You know we should have indoor facilities here for all sports.
                              Oops, sorry meant to quote Wolfman........Hoping the Sully gets the upgrades.
                              It's not hockey vs tennis. If it was hockey would win hands down. There are at least 10 hockey players for every tennis player in this town. Thought it over and it's more like 100 playing hockey to every 1 playing tennis.
                              It's about maintaining the facilities we already have vs building a new building for the elite few.
                              This mayor could care less about anybody or anything but him and his tennis playing friends.
                              The building named for his father is crumbling down around his ears and all he cares about is building a Taj Mahal for his elite few.
                              He's a real piece of work. Runs around with his bar girlfriend rubbing his wife's nose in it.
                              He's a real man that guy.
                              Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-18-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

RSVP only call UAA Athletics 786-1211 and prepay for the luncheons

Made our reservations done today!!! That's a BIG weekend, don't wait too long to call...it will sell out, get your spot now!!

Comment

Working...
                                X