This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninelives View Post
    the Green and Gold games were during the time that Brush was coach. After he left it pretty much fizzled out. Coach Thomas is all for tradition, especially on game days. We need some unique chants and cheers that we can yell at the games. Any ideas? We can have them printed and handed out at the games to start with. I have one, when the opposing players are introduced after each one yell "Who Cares"... Next? time to take the gloves off. We want the other teams not like playing in our barn.
    Tradition? Does that mean we can throw fish on the ice again?
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

the Green and Gold games were during the time that Brush was coach. After he left it pretty much fizzled out. Coach Thomas is all for tradition, especially on game days. We need some unique chants and cheers that we can yell at the games. Any ideas? We can have them printed and handed out at the games to start with. I have one, when the opposing players are introduced after each one yell "Who Cares"... Next? time to take the gloves off. We want the other teams not like playing in our barn.
      Donald started the "Who Cares" chant a few years ago but it didn't catch on very well. You guys shoulda been sittin over in our section, it was wild.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

They had Green & Gold games after Brush. I remember Kurt interviewing Donald at one, and that was in the Shyiak era I believe. Maybe he can shed some light on that.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yeah I think that was a green gold game ... 3 or 4 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Donald started the "Who Cares" chant a few years ago but it didn't catch on very well. You guys shoulda been sittin over in our section, it was wild.
            Yeah "Who Cares" didn't catch on much ... I blame Mr. Suze. Not that I originated it ... It used to be more popular back in the glory days which is where I got it from.

Comment

Goseawolves.com Got a make over.
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                Yeah "Who Cares" didn't catch on much ... I blame Mr. Suze. Not that I originated it ... It used to be more popular back in the glory days which is where I got it from.
                Mr. Suze was a lump on a log. And I say that very affectionately!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                  Goseawolves.com Got a make over.

I like it. I like all of these positive changes!! Can't wait for the first game.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The contract administrator for the muni. The same one who said, despite rumors, there will be no new glass this hockey season.
                    The only reason the Chuckie Cheese center in _airbanks got new glass was because the aluminum glass brackets were over years damaged by the constant pounding and beating on the glass and broke the brackets beyond repair. SMG is now attempting to implement no beating on the glass but it’s pretty hard to break bad habits that have been the norm for over 20 years. Dump bears are hard to retrain
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

UAA has a new athletic director:

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=13400

A university and administrative management executive with 36 years of higher education experience, Hackett comes to the Seawolves after working the past nine years as the senior associate AD for internal affairs at the University of Nevada, where he oversaw the football, track & field/cross country and baseball programs.
                      I was really hoping they would hire someone who had overseen a hockey program as well, but hopefully this will be a great hire. He certainly sounds extremely qualified and high energy.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAA has a new athletic director:

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=13400

I was really hoping they would hire someone who had overseen a hockey program as well, but hopefully this will be a great hire. He certainly sounds extremely qualified and high energy.
                        hahaha. So, now we got a guy who doesn't have experience in hockey operations and you are happy. Well I am happy that he has experience in football because I am really hard pushing for a football team at UAA, so his experience sounds great!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          hahaha. So, now we got a guy who doesn't have experience in hockey operations and you are happy. Well I am happy that he has experience in football because I am really hard pushing for a football team at UAA, so his experience sounds great!!!!!
                          Also, with all Steve's Division I experience, this is exciting to see that UAA position to go D-1!!!!

Comment

Looks like a status quo hire to me; in that he's not much different from Cobb in terms of experience. And of course nothing in that job will change as long as Athletics is part of Bill Spindle's Dept of Admin.

They've learned nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              Looks like a status quo hire to me; in that he's not much different from Cobb in terms of experience. And of course nothing in that job will change as long as Athletics is part of Bill Spindle's Dept of Admin.

They've learned nothing.
                              In essence donald...this what I was trying to say on my last posts....so, when does the Steve Hackett people come out and try to fire him? What difference does he have from Dr. Cobb? Btw, is it Dr. Hackett?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                                I hate to say this but A football program at UAA will NEVER happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X