PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Suze
09-11-2013, 07:52 PM
I hate to say this but A football program at UAA will NEVER happen.

I agree. Nor is it (or was it) the plan to go Division I in all other sports.

malainse
09-11-2013, 08:56 PM
There was never a D-I plan... which is what makes the arena so odd. 100 million + for a place to have graduation.

Wolfman
09-11-2013, 09:56 PM
There was never a D-I plan... which is what makes the arena so odd. 100 million + for a place to have graduation.

I think you will all be surprised when we go Division 1 in all sports... Exactly, you dont build this big arena to stay in D2. I am sorry but you will have to accept that! This AD was hired for this transition!

Suze
09-11-2013, 11:05 PM
I think you will all be surprised when we go Division 1 in all sports... Exactly, you dont build this big arena to stay in D2. I am sorry but you will have to accept that! This AD was hired for this transition!

Okie dokie. :rolleyes:

Wolfman
09-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Take blinders off uaa is growing... Not community college anymore!!!!

Seawolf Fan
09-12-2013, 12:08 AM

UAA has a new athletic director:

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58338&SPID=6357&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209257917&DB_OEM_ID=13400

I was really hoping they would hire someone who had overseen a hockey program as well, but hopefully this will be a great hire. He certainly sounds extremely qualified and high energy.

Wow!!!!
Not sure what you folks are smoking.
Wolfman, look up the requirements for being a D1 program. Then tell us which conference we'll join.
Suze, his name is not followed by a Dr., his background is he coached baseball and football (we don't and won't have either), was involved with internal affairs and you call him extremely qualified.
Jeeezzzzz

Wolfman
09-12-2013, 12:24 AM
I have already looked at NCAA requirements... For a long time now...uaa needs only 14 sports, with soccer programs will make 15... And we could easily join the WAC... It is not that difficult. Basketball boosters know this.

Wolfman
09-12-2013, 12:26 AM
You will see what I am talking about...

Suze
09-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Wow!!!!
Not sure what you folks are smoking.
Wolfman, look up the requirements for being a D1 program. Then tell us which conference we'll join.
Suze, his name is not followed by a Dr., his background is he coached baseball and football (we don't and won't have either), was involved with internal affairs and you call him extremely qualified.
Jeeezzzzz

He was also involved in alumni and community relations (something sorely needed and Cobb was horrible at). He was an Associate AD who oversaw cross-country, track, volleyball, men's and women's basketball, and gymnastics. We had someone with a Dr. in front of his name and look at the shape of the hockey program under his watch. I am certainly willing to give the new AD a chance, and it seems you are not. That's a shame.

gfmorris
09-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Take blinders off uaa is growing... Not community college anymore!!!!

One would hope that a move to D-I is met with a commensurate command of grammar.

GFM

seawolfpunk
09-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Ok we shouldn't be shocked that our new AD doesn't have shocked background. Honestly I don't think any of the previous ad's had a background in hockey.

Wolfman
09-12-2013, 12:28 AM
One would hope that a move to D-I is met with a commensurate command of grammar.

GFM

Ok really GFM??! Lol

seawolfpunk
09-12-2013, 12:55 AM

GFM

Give him a break he went to the University of average achievers for crying out loud

Seawolf Fan
09-12-2013, 01:23 AM

UAA has a new athletic director:

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58338&SPID=6357&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=209257917&DB_OEM_ID=13400

I was really hoping they would hire someone who had overseen a hockey program as well, but hopefully this will be a great hire. He certainly sounds extremely qualified and high energy.

He was also involved in alumni and community relations (something sorely needed and Cobb was horrible at). He was an Associate AD who oversaw cross-country, track, volleyball, men's and women's basketball, and gymnastics. We had someone with a Dr. in front of his name and look at the shape of the hockey program under his watch. I am certainly willing to give the new AD a chance, and it seems you are not. That's a shame.

Suze, who said I wouldn't give him a chance? Did somebody die and appoint you God?
I'm just not as impressed as you are with his credentials.
But then it's clear you're happy with anyone but Dr. Cobb. Why's that? Because he wouldn't kiss up to you? Or do what you wanted for the hockey program? Forget any rebuttal. Your position is and has been very clear. Anyone but Dr. Cobb. That's the real shame.

Jimjamesak
09-12-2013, 03:01 AM
Ok we shouldn't be shocked that our new AD doesn't have shocked background. Honestly I don't think any of the previous ad's had a background in hockey.
Yeah, the chances of us getting someone with a hockey background were pretty slim.

Suze
09-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Suze, who said I wouldn't give him a chance? Did somebody die and appoint you God?
I'm just not as impressed as you are with his credentials.
But then it's clear you're happy with anyone but Dr. Cobb. Why's that? Because he wouldn't kiss up to you? Or do what you wanted for the hockey program? Forget any rebuttal. Your position is and has been very clear. Anyone but Dr. Cobb. That's the real shame.

LOL. Forget any rebuttal? What was that about someone dying and appointing someone God? Too funny. The jury is still out on the new AD, I said "but hopefully this will be a great hire". Time will tell. It's a fresh start, and hopefully he can mend the fences in the hockey community that Cobb was not capable of repairing.

Wolfman
09-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Give him a break he went to the University of average achievers for crying out loud

That's because I couldn't get into UAF! LOL

Jimjamesak
09-12-2013, 11:13 AM
That's because I couldn't get into UAF! LOL
UAF: Because everyone else said no and Mom and Dad said "get out!"

Wolfman
09-12-2013, 11:14 AM

In addition, I didn't say that Division I would happen tomorrow. Probably in next 10 years, but you can see all the moving parts toward that direction. The community is very much pusing for soccer programs at UAA both Mens and Womens. That would move us to 15 sports. Division I probably wont happen until an on-campus hockey arena is built. Which I believe that if Anchorage lands the Olympics in 2026, then we will probably get our arena.

Also, if you look to see who endorsed the new UAA AD, you will noticed one of those folks was JEFF HURD who is the commissioner of the WAC. Why would UAA seek his endorsement if we weren't interested in going into the WAC? I am just saying that we (UAA) is preparing to move divisions. Might be 10 years, but we are headed in that direction.

Seawolf Fan
09-12-2013, 11:21 AM
What actions does the new AD have to take to satisfy the "hockey community"?
Not a loaded question.