X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    I'm all for giving Matyas every game. Chris and Rob have played spectacularly at times in their careers but honestly neither one showed a consistent high level. We don't know if Matyas can do that but if the coach showed confidence in him and the team knew going into every game that he was going to be the guy the maybe (just maybe) we'd see him develop into a brick wall night after night.
    Mr. Suze and I both thought he looked shaky when he played in the Nissan, he didn't do a very good job of covering up pucks and controlling rebounds. He looked absolutely amazing when they played UBC though. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see what Kamal can do as we haven't seen him yet this season.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Mr. Suze and I both thought he looked shaky when he played in the Nissan, he didn't do a very good job of covering up pucks and controlling rebounds. He looked absolutely amazing when they played UBC though. All I'm saying is that I'd like to see what Kamal can do as we haven't seen him yet this season.
      I have the feeling that if Kamal was going to play this season, he already would have.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I'm just expressing that I think goaltender is a unique position. There are lots of coaches that have effed up goaltender's careers ... Dean Blais for example is notorious for effing up his goaltenders ... I'm just hoping that Thomas is the sort of coach that knows how to avoid that sort of thing. Shyiak didn't have a good eye for goaltending if you ask me. Remember when he and Blair said that they didn't think Lawson was talented (or words to that effect?). Look how they handled him and look how he played his last season ... he left UAA and has played in the show and doing very well in the AHL.

Getting your goaltender to play well is as much about how the coach handles their heads as it is about how well they can perform the necessary skills. Obviously a goalie has to be able to play the position. But one with a proper head is just as valuable and can win as much as some other goalie who has more talent.

It's not a simple thing. Look at Sam Brittain at DU. Gwoz effed him up. Or the kid from Anchorage that played at CC. Scotty Owens effed him up. Ask easily half the goalies that played at UND when Blais was there.

It's as much a head game as anything.

Comment

It's an ugly fact that goalies get hurt just like any of the rest of the guys on the team. "Lower body" injuries can happen in practice as well as in games. Unfortunately goalies appear to be prone to this type of misfortune. I'm not wishing bad luck on any member of our team however injuries happen. At that point Kamal will get the call. Poetic ya think?
          It's also an ugly fact that most goalies can get "streaky". Both good and bad. If Gundy or Matty get "streaky" in the wrong direction we'll see Kamal.
          Kamal has an outstanding week of practice and I think we'll see him get the start.
          Having 3 capable guys at such a key position is a nice problem to have.
          Thomas bringing in Thompson tells me Thomas knows what he's doing as far as "handling" goalies. Bring in some expertise in the specialty and rely on that expertise.
          Matty is getting the experience to handle the number one spot next season when Gundy and Kamal have graduated.
          And everybody is real high on this kid that arrives next fall.
          Just as everything else with this team, we are going in the right direction.
          It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

To honor UAH's first visit to Anchorage in 20 years, here's a piece I wrote for uahhockey.com looking back at the period when UAH visited Alaska regularly.

http://uahhockey.com/blog/2013/11/06...last-frontier/
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

$28.80 for my ticket. I paid $10 for my Aces ticket in the same section last week. This is one of the reasons why Aces get butts in the seats and the Seawolves don't.
              Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
                $28.80 for my ticket. I paid $10 for my Aces ticket in the same section last week. This is one of the reasons why Aces get butts in the seats and the Seawolves don't.
                Wow! $10 that's a heckofadeal. I just checked their website and the cheapest ticket listing I could find was $12 and that didn't include any of the fees that are usually tacked on. Then I looked at tickets fot next weeks games and the cheapest seat was $14.50 with no fees included. Looked at a couple of games further out but couldn't locate a $12 ticket.
                Where did you find a ticket for $10?
                And $28.80 for a Seawolf ticket must guarantee a pretty nice seat.
                Just went to the Seawolf ticket site and regular season single game tickets are listed for $8.25 and $13.50. Granted there may be other "fees" not listed but the "fees" would have to be pretty hefty to run that seat up to the $28.80 you say you paid.
                Where did you buy your $28.80 ticket?
                I'd like to get one of those $10 Aces tickets and make sure I steered clear of the $28.80 Seawolf ticket.
                Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-08-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I'm excited to see the game tonight. Go Chargers.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    Wow! $10 that's a heckofadeal. I just checked their website and the cheapest ticket listing I could find was $12 and that didn't include any of the fees that are usually tacked on. Then I looked at tickets fot next weeks games and the cheapest seat was $14.50 with no fees included. Looked at a couple of games further out but couldn't locate a $12 ticket.
                    Where did you find a ticket for $10?
                    And $28.80 for a Seawolf ticket must guarantee a pretty nice seat.
                    Just went to the Seawolf ticket site and regular season single game tickets are listed for $8.25 and $13.50. Granted there may be other "fees" not listed but the "fees" would have to be pretty hefty to run that seat up to the $28.80 you say you paid.
                    Where did you buy your $28.80 ticket?
                    I'd like to get one of those $10 Aces tickets and make sure I steered clear of the $28.80 Seawolf ticket.
                    They ran a promotion (UAA doesn't understand that word) and all you had to do was type a promo code (UAA doesn't understand that either) and your tickets were $10 in the balcony. It probably got them another 2,000 fans in the seats. The Seawolves would rather stick to their guns, overcharge people, run no promotions and then complain because there's no people there and cram people in like sardines.
                    Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

• Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
                      They ran a promotion (UAA doesn't understand that word) and all you had to do was type a promo code (UAA doesn't understand that either) and your tickets were $10 in the balcony. It probably got them another 2,000 fans in the seats. The Seawolves would rather stick to their guns, overcharge people, run no promotions and then complain because there's no people there and cram people in like sardines.
                      Or you just didn't look hard enough, did you ever think of checking the schools website instead of ticket master?

Seriously you were one of the biggest proponents for change within the athletic department, and all you've done is ***** and moan about all the changes since they somewhat affect you, grow up and deal with it like an adult.
                      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                        biggest proponents for change within the athletic department, and all you've done is ***** and moan about all the changes since they somewhat affect you, grow up and deal with it like an adult.
                        You should work for the Athletic Department, you think about as dynamically as they do. . .
                        Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

You should work for the Athletic Department, you think about as dynamically as they do. . .
                          At least Punk and the Athletic Department are able to think.....something you appear incapable of.
                          Aw that's kind of harsh. You just have no reasoning ability.
                          Your posts have proven over and over again you are a self absorbed my way or the highway kinda guy.
                          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-08-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Nice weekend by the boys, hopefully they carry it over to bemidji
                            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

You my friend can be the problem or part of the solution.

Plan A Do nothing but complain ….. Just chirp cuz that chirpers do

Plan B Call the athletic dept. 786-1250 and politely ask for an appointment with Mr. Hackett and staff either for a return call or go over in person and explain the problem and show them your solution. I hope you are the cure all for that glitch. If you pull that off the tea party should pay your way to Washington to fix Obama care.
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                You my friend can be the problem or part of the solution.

Plan A Do nothing but complain ….. Just chirp cuz that chirpers do

Plan B Call the athletic dept. 786-1250 and politely ask for an appointment with Mr. Hackett and staff either for a return call or go over in person and explain the problem and show them your solution. I hope you are the cure all for that glitch. If you pull that off the tea party should pay your way to Washington to fix Obama care.
                                You're kidding me right? You don't think I've had conversations with the athletic department over the last 12-13 years? Do you know my history? You've talked here like you know all about me, so do you know all about me or are you just full of it and . . . well . . . chirping?
                                Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

Working...
                                X