X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    In case somebody else does't know, just learned via late night radio: Friday night game is on 550, 650 on Saturday night.
    I hadn't heard that, so thanks for the heads up. Go Wolves!!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      They have a game against Ohio State on Tuesday but they're off this weekend like us. I think it'll be a good test for UAA.
      We (BG) lost 5-3 (1 empty net). BG dominated the first period but couldn't sustain it. We gave up too many odd-man rushes and breakaways. OSU missed wide-open nets a couple of times. Two weeks ago, BG was down 3-0 but rallied to beat OSU 4-3 at home. (Official attendance was 1782 in a place that seats 17,500.)

In the last 12 seasons, BG finished in the top half of the CCHA once. In the last five seasons, BG finished dead last three or four times. The good news this season is that BG is scoring. In five of six games my boys have scored at least three goals. Carpenter, last season's leading scorer is out with a broken finger. Williamson and Murphy have give goals each. The defense is experienced (but see above). Sophomore goalie Burke saw a fair amount of action last season, and freshman Sholl has had three starts this season.

This season: Tie and loss at Union. Tie and win vs. Colgate. Split with Ohio State.
      Go Falcons!

Comment

[QUOTE=Suze;5799622]I hadn't heard that, so thanks for the heads up. Go Wolves!![/QUOTE]
        Prevents confusion withe the Sea hawks
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by spiehler View Post
          We (BG) lost 5-3 (1 empty net). BG dominated the first period but couldn't sustain it. We gave up too many odd-man rushes and breakaways. OSU missed wide-open nets a couple of times. Two weeks ago, BG was down 3-0 but rallied to beat OSU 4-3 at home. (Official attendance was 1782 in a place that seats 17,500.)

In the last 12 seasons, BG finished in the top half of the CCHA once. In the last five seasons, BG finished dead last three or four times. The good news this season is that BG is scoring. In five of six games my boys have scored at least three goals. Carpenter, last season's leading scorer is out with a broken finger. Williamson and Murphy have give goals each. The defense is experienced (but see above). Sophomore goalie Burke saw a fair amount of action last season, and freshman Sholl has had three starts this season.

This season: Tie and loss at Union. Tie and win vs. Colgate. Split with Ohio State.
          I know we're irrelevant and all that but this is our only thread? No UAA at BGU thread? Couldn't find one. Thanks Spiehler for some BGU information.
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
            I know we're irrelevant and all that but this is our only thread? No UAA at BGU thread? Couldn't find one. Thanks Spiehler for some BGU information.
            Games thread are only fun with goofer and Sioux fans to show how arrogant most of there fan base are
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
              Games thread are only fun with goofer and Sioux fans to show how arrogant most of there fan base are
              True
              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

BGSU threads are rare, they tend to congregate at their own forum.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                  BGSU threads are rare, they tend to congregate at their own forum.
                  There's a few of us that read here. But most of our conversations are on www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com

Comment

OK, I've just got to ask. What, exactly, is a sea wolf?
                    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                      First off it's Seawolf.

It is a mythical creature from the lore of the Tlingit tribe (they're the ones that build the totem poles).
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

thanks
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                          Freddie, welcome to the thread. You're about to find out what a Seawolf is and I don't think you're gonna like it.
                          But Welcome! anyway.

Comment

I said this to my brother recently and it applicable to all that belong to the SeaPuppies world. "I smile cause you're my brother, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!"
                            Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlacker Rat View Post
                              I said this to my brother recently and it applicable to all that belong to the SeaPuppies world. "I smile cause you're my brother, I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!"
                              You're so original. I must have seen that saying in a few dozen gift shops. Now go away troll.
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                                Go ask Frieda.
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X