X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
    I just checked. The format was pre-determined and followed. This situation arose in the 2009-2010 brice and the same thing happened.

The goals scored is the secondary tiebreaker but the last game is special and is a championship game. If the teams are even coming in, the GAME goes to a shootout which get logged as a win. Regulation -> OT -> shootout = Win or Loss of the game and the tournament. Obviously designed to increase the stakes of the competition so that people don't leave the championship game with a tie and a statistic-based winner.

Also, it keeps Bruce from using the "kissing your sister" line...
    I actually like Bruce. I don't like how he gets so excited that you can't understand what he is saying, but he keeps Drygas in line ... and he's a class act.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Which makes sense because you can spell it with UAF....wait, what?
      Take it easy, that's deep thought for her.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Take off the tin foil hat.

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Want more dirty laundry? Hows about UA_ changing the rules of their tournament at the last minute to give them an opportunity to win it? What??? Their format was like UAA's, in the case of a tie the winner would be determined by goal differential. All through the Saturday night game Bruce mentioned that the Nanooks had to win the game, a tie would give the trophy to Western. He must have mentioned this a half dozen times, stating that he got the information from the UA_ athletic department.

But then UA_ doesn't win the game against Western in OT. Suddenly it's announced that there WILL be a shoot out! Bruce is dumbfounded, saying that is not what he was told ... he was told that there would NOT be a shoot out. Even homer Drygas said "they are making it up on the fly". I bet Andy Murray was quite upset about that. What was funny was the reaction of Bruce and Eric though. Bruce said that Dallas didn't even have his shooters names written down yet because it was sprung on him unexpectedly. Only in _airbanks.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I feel so honored to know that you two take time out of your day to try and insult me.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
            I feel so honored to know that you two take time out of your day to try and insult me.
            Don't flatter yourself, it doesn't take that much time.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Andddd just so you know, that sign was 1. Made 8 years ago (so quit living in the past) and 2. Made when I thought you were a nice person so I did a silly rebuttal.

Comment

I actually like Bruce. I don't like how he gets so excited that you can't understand what he is saying, but he keeps Drygas in line ... and he's a class act.
                He's certainly a staple of our hockey program. A really big, important, historic, staple. I'm pretty sure he's been doing hockey broadcasting longer than the careers of anyone in the athletic department...

I think Bruce is best at names. It's really quite hard, but I notice he does a good job of memorizing the names of opposing players and using it, rather than just the jersey number. Easy when your talking us vs you, not so easy when it's us vs some team we only play twice a year with a whole new roster.
                Last edited by Methodical; 10-25-2013, 06:28 PM.
                The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  Take off the tin foil hat.
                  Why? I like glittery things!
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Allow me to clear the air about the Goal Rush a bit since nobody (apparently, even, the broadcasters) know the rules. Nanooks versus RPI in 2009 was the last time this was necessary.

1) Every game that ends in a tie ends with a shootout. In the tournament, there are no ties. Officially WMU and UA will earn a tie for NCAA, but for tournament title purposes, the shootout puts Alaska at 2-0 and WMU at 1-1. This comes from the CCHA's shootout rules when the tournament was first formed years ago.

2) In the event that that Anchorage/Alaska, or WMU/DU tie at 2-0, since they didn't actually play each other, then goal differential/goals scored becomes the tie breaker.
                    Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                      Allow me to clear the air about the Goal Rush a bit since nobody (apparently, even, the broadcasters) know the rules..
                      Bruce said he got his information from the athletic director!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post

I think Bruce is best at names. It's really quite hard, but I notice he does a good job of memorizing the names of opposing players and using it, rather than just the jersey number.
                        I was listening last weekend and Bruce kept referring to a player on the Denver team who wasn't on the roster. Some body on Denver named “Teammate” kept receiving passes all game long. The guy played on every line the whole game.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Teammate was ALL OVER THE ICE!!
                          The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Bruce said he got his information from the athletic director!
                            I won't go there...
                            Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

We've had some good practices. Had time to get new systems down. Worked on PP and PK. Some chemistry should start to jell.
                              Ohio is a loooong ways from home however if the guys give the effort we should sweep em.
                              It's a new time and a great day to be a Seawolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                We've had some good practices. Had time to get new systems down. Worked on PP and PK. Some chemistry should start to jell.
                                Ohio is a loooong ways from home however if the guys give the effort we should sweep em.
                                It's a new time and a great day to be a Seawolf.
                                But it is one of those "Easy going East" road trips. That's why UAA only plays teams east of them.........
                                So Seawolves head out and kick some Eastern butt.
                                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                                X