X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Anybody want to talk about our team or just argue (meaningless) with the city on the edge of nowhere?
    What about Bowling Green?
    They have a game against Ohio State on Tuesday but they're off this weekend like us. I think it'll be a good test for UAA.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Anybody want to talk about our team or just argue (meaningless) with the city on the edge of nowhere?
      What about Bowling Green?
      They have no desire to go to _airbanks.
      _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
      No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
        So like 400 more people according to that, not what I saw on the site I went to but still....considering your arena holds 2,000+ more than th carlson...not that impressive.
        Not as impressive as your ten year pin as a student at UA_.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          Or her "You can't spell success with UAA" sign. Clever that one was...
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            So they are very relevant then!!
            Come on Suze, attendance for 2 (tournament) games? It'll be interesting to see what the regular season attendance is like. I'm sure it'll go up, but how much? It's already quite a jump year over year, but will that stick?

I'm betting on a slight increase in actual attendance by the end of the year, say 15% by the end of the year, average attendance per game. I believe it was a fluke for a few reasons.

A> Air Force is always a good draw. JBER and all that.
            B> Government shutdown woes + Air Force transportation issues gave the tourney a LOT of free press.
            C> There always seems to be a larger contingent of fairbanks fans going to anchorage than the other way around... Minor, naturally, but I had to say it.
            The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

I heard from mmf that the local fans would rather drink beer at an Ice Dogs game than watch UA_. So there's that.
              Whats this?

That's dirty laundry!! It ain't allowed!! How many beers did he drink? I bet all his pictures are lobsided.

Comment

UAF is wearing throwback jerseys for the March games against UAA. Curious if UAA will do the same.

Glad I'm not the only one excited to see how bowling green does against The Ohio State of Jorts University.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  UAF is wearing throwback jerseys for the March games against UAA. Curious if UAA will do the same.
                  UAA has special jerseys for the Governor's Cup but I don't know if they're throwbacks or if they'll be worn in Fairbanks.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                    Whats this?

That's dirty laundry!! It ain't allowed!! How many beers did he drink? I bet all his pictures are lobsided.
                    Want more dirty laundry? Hows about UA_ changing the rules of their tournament at the last minute to give them an opportunity to win it? What??? Their format was like UAA's, in the case of a tie the winner would be determined by goal differential. All through the Saturday night game Bruce mentioned that the Nanooks had to win the game, a tie would give the trophy to Western. He must have mentioned this a half dozen times, stating that he got the information from the UA_ athletic department.

But then UA_ doesn't win the game against Western in OT. Suddenly it's announced that there WILL be a shoot out! Bruce is dumbfounded, saying that is not what he was told ... he was told that there would NOT be a shoot out. Even homer Drygas said "they are making it up on the fly". I bet Andy Murray was quite upset about that. What was funny was the reaction of Bruce and Eric though. Bruce said that Dallas didn't even have his shooters names written down yet because it was sprung on him unexpectedly. Only in _airbanks.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      Because God forbid life events happen and you take a few years off from school to have a family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Just as clever as yours.

Comment

Want more dirty laundry? Hows about UA_ changing the rules of their tournament at the last minute to give them an opportunity to win it? What??? Their format was like UAA's, in the case of a tie the winner would be determined by goal differential. All through the Saturday night game Bruce mentioned that the Nanooks had to win the game, a tie would give the trophy to Western. He must have mentioned this a half dozen times, stating that he got the information from the UA_ athletic department.

But then UA_ doesn't win the game against Western in OT. Suddenly it's announced that there WILL be a shoot out! Bruce is dumbfounded, saying that is not what he was told ... he was told that there would NOT be a shoot out. Even homer Drygas said "they are making it up on the fly". I bet Andy Murray was quite upset about that. What was funny was the reaction of Bruce and Eric though. Bruce said that Dallas didn't even have his shooters names written down yet because it was sprung on him unexpectedly. Only in _airbanks.
                          Hmm interesting. I can't really dispute this except to say that I asked a couple of people about the format during the saturday game and they told me shootout due to it being the last game of the tourney where one team will win the game and tourney. That doesn't count as anyone in the know though, and it does sound pretty messed up. I hadn't even realized it was that far outside the norm.

Comment

I just checked. The format was pre-determined and followed. This situation arose in the 2009-2010 brice and the same thing happened.

The goals scored is the secondary tiebreaker but the last game is special and is a championship game. If the teams are even coming in, the GAME goes to a shootout which get logged as a win. Regulation -> OT -> shootout = Win or Loss of the game and the tournament. Obviously designed to increase the stakes of the competition so that people don't leave the championship game with a tie and a statistic-based winner.

Also, it keeps Bruce from using the "kissing your sister" line...

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                              Just as clever as yours.
                              Keep telling yourself that, it may come true one day.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Which makes sense because you can spell it with UAF....wait, what?
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X