This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
    You're funny. If the Carlson Center was full for the Nanook games you'd have something to write about. But I saw an awfully lot of empty seats last weekend. I heard from mmf that the local fans would rather drink beer at an Ice Dogs game than watch UA_. So there's that.
    This :-)

Comment

You're funny. If the Carlson Center was full for the Nanook games you'd have something to write about. But I saw an awfully lot of empty seats last weekend. I heard from mmf that the local fans would rather drink beer at an Ice Dogs game than watch UA_. So there's that.
      Although I hear what Blackwood is saying, I'm with the rest of Anchorage fans. Your building ain't exactly rockin, and the only reason you all travel en mass to Anchorage to see your Nooks play...well that's obvious if you've spent any time in Fairbanks.
      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
        Although I hear what Blackwood is saying, I'm with the rest of Anchorage fans. Your building ain't exactly rockin, and the only reason you all travel en mass to Anchorage to see your Nooks play...well that's obvious if you've spent any time in Fairbanks.
        Think it has more to do with the fact that Nanook fans rock the Sully. Don't hate because we are more dedicated to our team that we make the dreaded trip to Los Anchorage when only maybe a dozen Seapup fans were spotted at the Carlson last weekend.

Comment

Funny since the Ice Dogs were at the games this past weekend.

Comment

And the point is there is DOUBLE the population in Anchorage compared to Fairbanks and the Nanooks still average more people per game than the Seawolves do.

Comment

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Guys, next time don't respond to the trolls. Let the ponies do the work.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                And the point is there is DOUBLE the population in Anchorage compared to Fairbanks and the Nanooks still average more people per game than the Seawolves do.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                  Nanooks still average more people per game than the Seawolves do.
                  Not true.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2013-2014/
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                    LOL. That reminds me of what I heard last night while watching Chad Johnson play for Boston. They asked him what he liked about Fairbanks, and he didn't say he liked the arena, the fans, or the community ... he said he liked that there were "no distractions" there. Translation: THERE IS NOTHING TO DO THERE!!
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Those stats are from this year only.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Those stats are from this year only.

GFM
                        So they are very relevant then!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• So like 400 more people according to that, not what I saw on the site I went to but still....considering your arena holds 2,000+ more than th carlson...not that impressive.

Comment

Fine, don't listen and keep replying to the trolls. But take it to another thread!
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              I'd call that a very, very small sample size.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Anybody want to talk about our team or just argue (meaningless) with the city on the edge of nowhere?
                                What about Bowling Green?

Comment

Working...
                                X