X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    New recruit. Austin azurdia from Langley in the bchl.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtEI7TqZu3Q
    Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-23-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Looks like in junior hockey he can put the puck in the back of the net, hope that translates!

Justin Bourne piece on Austin, has D's video above ^.

NOOOO HEEEE DIDNNNN''''TTTTT!!! http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/1...second-dangle/
      Last edited by AKSWF; 10-23-2013, 11:58 AM. Reason: Clarity
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Seems to be on a pretty skilled/fortunate team Austin is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr6FmPKbtzg
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

http://langleyrivermen.wordpress.com...dia-interview/

Have a listen to get his history ...

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Thanks for the link! Good interview. Pleased to hear that Shyiak has found a job scouting for the Toronto Maple Leaves. I really like Matt, he's so positive and it's contagious!
            Apparently there are 14 amateur hockey scouts for Toronto, seems excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              http://langleyrivermen.wordpress.com...dia-interview/

Have a listen to get his history ...
              Hmmpf. If his does indeed come up here, he'll love the fishing. Btw I love soundcloud, nearly all songs you can download for free. There's mostly the current music remixes, dubstep, trap, electronica, etc.

Comment

There's also this worth reading from the langley paper ... http://www.langleyadvance.com/sports...idate-1.477600

He play youth hockey in Dallas, Texas ... played in the Western States Junior League, the NAHL , then with Langley. Expected to be a UConn for this season. Cavanaugh told him "another year of juniors" ... he was LOI signer for UConn.

All in all it's worth guessing that Thomas and his staff were on top of the de-commitment and talking to Austin whenever he became officially available. He's shown a lot of improvement apparently as he climbed the junior leauge ladder ... Hopefully, that says something about his ability to adapt to higher competition levels.
                Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-23-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                  Apparently there are 14 amateur hockey scouts for Toronto, seems excessive.
                  No it isn't. That's seems normal actually
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Looks like a great pick up ... very pleased with the recruiting the staff has done so far. It's an exciting time to be a Seawolf fan!
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

No it isn't. That's seems normal actually
                      ****, soo I guess they have one scout for USHL, one for Major Junior in Canada, one for the CHL, etc....I wonder how much they get paid, I'd love to get paid to watch hockey albeit it is junior hockey.

Comment

Sewolves fared well at the Kendall and Brice under Matt Thomas... however the same can be said about the Shyiak led seawolves. If that squad can get the Nanook Cup... aka the Governor's cup I will VERY surprised... Cant wait to go see all 1200 of you UAA hockey supporters in early December.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackwood72 View Post
                          Sewolves fared well at the Kendall and Brice under Matt Thomas... however the same can be said about the Shyiak led seawolves. If that squad can get the Nanook Cup... aka the Governor's cup I will VERY surprised... Cant wait to go see all 1200 of you UAA hockey supporters in early December.
                          Another Fairbanks troll
                          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

This.
                              :-)

Comment

Originally posted by blackwood72 View Post
                                You're funny. If the Carlson Center was full for the Nanook games you'd have something to write about. But I saw an awfully lot of empty seats last weekend. I heard from mmf that the local fans would rather drink beer at an Ice Dogs game than watch UA_. So there's that.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X