X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....vees-bchl-wcha

Nice pickup for UAA. Not a complete blue chipper, but definitely a solid prospect who could have a significant impact in the new WCHA.
    Holy cow that is a nice pickup. Welcome Anthony
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

I know some UAA fans were upset at hiring a "prep school coach" but I'll promise you Ciocco will find some gems in Western Canada.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

I know some UAA fans were upset at hiring a "prep school coach" but I'll promise you Ciocco will find some gems in Western Canada.
        I sound like a Alum......." Not Me" I like the "Young Gun’s” of the coaching world. I think the Coaches will relate to recruits as like an older brother instead of them sitting on Grandpa’s knee for a story.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Looks like the Sully will get some new ice equipment from an article in the Alaska Star "Four Municipal rinks — the Mac, Sullivan Arena, Ben Boeke and Dempsey-Anderson — are slated for upgrades over the next few years. The Freon refrigeration systems — which have performed well — are being phased out, said Director of Parks and Recreation John Rodda.

With new technology and aging rinks — all four are between three and four decades old — now is the time to make improvements, Rodda said.

The Muni hired Wisconsin-based Stevens Engineers to analyze each rink and offer its opinion on which new ice system would best suit each facility. Rodda said Stevens’ report should be out this month.

Once construction starts, the facility would be closed for about five months. Rodda’s hope is work on the rink chosen to go first will start in mid-April 2014 and be finished by mid-September.

Governor Sean Parnell has already approved state funds for the project, Rodda said, $4 million of which is slated for the Mac. Rodda said he expects the Eagle River facility to be first in line. However, nothing is set in stone, he added."
          Upper Deck Fan

Comment

And some people interpret skepticism and critical analysis as upset.

Previous coaches have all found some gems in western canada. It is landing local gems that could have benefitted by giving consideration to any number of local assistant prospects. Hopefully, it is a sign that Thomas is going to do all the recruiting of local kids. All that is down the line.

The first concern is this season. The real proof in the pudding will be whether the head coach can put together a winning team out of the overlooked gems that UAA has on its roster now. There is every reason to expect that attitudes will be hugely turned around from last season. That was a squad that was better than their crappy record. So if you couple attitude with an uptick in tempo and a new coach who can find ways to help guys like Bailey, Tatchell, Allen, Kwas etc score at full potetial ... nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by revfnb View Post
              Looks like the Sully will get some new ice equipment from an article in the Alaska Star "Four Municipal rinks — the Mac, Sullivan Arena, Ben Boeke and Dempsey-Anderson — are slated for upgrades over the next few years. The Freon refrigeration systems — which have performed well — are being phased out, said Director of Parks and Recreation John Rodda.

With new technology and aging rinks — all four are between three and four decades old — now is the time to make improvements, Rodda said.

The Muni hired Wisconsin-based Stevens Engineers to analyze each rink and offer its opinion on which new ice system would best suit each facility. Rodda said Stevens’ report should be out this month.

Once construction starts, the facility would be closed for about five months. Rodda’s hope is work on the rink chosen to go first will start in mid-April 2014 and be finished by mid-September.

Governor Sean Parnell has already approved state funds for the project, Rodda said, $4 million of which is slated for the Mac. Rodda said he expects the Eagle River facility to be first in line. However, nothing is set in stone, he added."
              They are planning to replace the ice refrigeration system in 2014 and depending on the cost of the project for this new system, the glass may be replaced then. We really, really need new glass.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                They are planning to replace the ice refrigeration system in 2014 and depending on the cost of the project for this new system, the glass may be replaced then. We really, really need new glass.
                Suze, where did you hear this from?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                  Here's the last (state) budget info I could find regarding the Sullivan Arena. But since they change dates and priorities around all the flippin time, hardly any of stays in the order of how it's originally planned. For example, moving the ball field at Mulcahy Stadium to expand the hockey arena's parking lot was initially going to be done last summer, they didn't get to it this summer... and now plan to do it next summer.

This list also seems to change every time a new budget is out. If we're rolling in oil money next time and depending on the mood of the governor (whoever it is when the next one rolls out), the list will likely change again. Hopefully it will just say "Tear it down and build a new one!"

2012:

$5,190,000 Expand Sullivan Arena Parking Lot/Upgrade HVAC and Security Systems

2013:

$ 300,000 Construct Press Box
                  $ 200,000 Renovate VIP Room
                  $ 75,000 Replace Front Mezzanine Railing System
                  $ 50,000 Replace Exterior Door
                  $ 50,000 Upgrade Elevator Control
                  $ 15,000 Upgrade VIP Room (Bar/Kitchen)s
                  $ 10,000 Replace Portable Concession Counter

2014:

$ 200,000 Repair Exterior Sidewalk
                  $ 75,000 Replace Folding Chairs (1000)
                  $ 40,000 Repair Refrigeration System (Valve Stems)

2015:

$200,000 Replace Ice-Making Compress
                  $100,000 Upgrade Outside Pan/Tilt/Zoom Security System
                  $100,000 Replace Exterior Admin. Stairway
                  $65,000 Replace Computer/Software Refurbish
                  $40,000 Replace Compactor

2016:

$400,000 Refurbish Concrete, Stairways
                  $250,000 Upgrade Parking Lot
                  $20,000 Replace Parking Lot Equipment

- - -

That's the state facilities budget and the muni puts out another one. Remember though.. our illustrious mayor wants to spend the $7.5 million in facilities maintenance money (which would have put new glass and other arena upgrades for this season) towards some tennis court project that doesn't seem to be going over with residents very well..

http://omb.alaska.gov/ombfiles/13_bu.../proj52171.pdf
                  Last edited by AlaskaRox; 09-10-2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                    $ 300,000 Construct Press Box
                    Ha! I just noticed that on the list.. I hope it's not just for the Doyle Woody types and that Kurt gets something out of it too.. LOL!

*****http://i291.***********.com/albums/ll300/bluemontana/4c4c409f-414e-4f46-9c04-4b52f6dea2cc_zps6eb5fa6c.jpg******

p.s... I'm sure glad the Aces weren't successful (again) in trying to steal him away. They keep losing their pbp guys to the NHL. Kurt, we love you!

Comment

Just announced on the UAA Facebook page: There will be a Green and Gold game on Sept 21 at the Sports Center. Free admission.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Just announced on the UAA Facebook page: There will be a Green and Gold game on Sept 21 at the Sports Center. Free admission.
                        Sweet. They should've been doing this years ago
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Article on conti's commitment

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/newslette...393&page=72638

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                            Sweet. They should've been doing this years ago
                            They did do it years ago. Not sure why they stopped.
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                              The contract administrator for the muni. The same one who said, despite rumors, there will be no new glass this hockey season.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                They did do it years ago. Not sure why they stopped.
                                the Green and Gold games were during the time that Brush was coach. After he left it pretty much fizzled out. Coach Thomas is all for tradition, especially on game days. We need some unique chants and cheers that we can yell at the games. Any ideas? We can have them printed and handed out at the games to start with. I have one, when the opposing players are introduced after each one yell "Who Cares"... Next? time to take the gloves off. We want the other teams not like playing in our barn.
                                GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Working...
                                X