This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
    I believe that's what happening regardles of the aforementioned study. I support UAA beefing up it's liberal arts program, cuz matriculants from UAA can't even spell.
    We (UAA) should be Alaska State University, let UAF be Alaska

Comment

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
      We (UAA) should be Alaska State University, let UAF be Alaska
      No, they can go back to Alaska College or school of rocks and gravel and plant growing goat farmers, or whatever they wanted to be.
      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-22-2013, 04:03 AM.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Or maybe they be ASU and we are UA since they are land grant?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          I wish they would actually divide the functions of the Universities. They want UAF to be the science/research school? Then fine, you don't need the MBA program and most of the other Liberal Arts stuff. The aviation programs should really just be at UAA instead of at both. The whole UA needs a whole reorganization instead of just UAA.
          Like the Fisher report said ...... Make UAA the Flagship because what was a good idea 100 years ago maybe is not best idea for today and the future.
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            UAS just lost its MBA program...I was in the last graduating class. It was offered exclusively online, handy for people like me who don't have enough slack in their schedule to spend two or three nights a week in a classroom. From what I've heard UAF is going to shift its MBA to accommodate the online format in order to encompass what UAS offered. Not sure if UAA has similar ideas, but the online MBA is the wave of the future for us yuppies.

Ultimately UA as a whole needs to start beefing up its programs. Engineering is great, but Alaska is (I believe) the only state without a medical or law school. Make all the doctor and lawyer jokes you want, but those are high-paying positions that typically turn into some significant alumni donations.
            so you are a UAS grad who lives in the "valley".
            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-22-2013, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              so you are a UAS grad who lives in the "valley".
              I'm also a Gemini who enjoys long walks on the beach. Your point?
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

...Your point?
                Have you forgot who you're dealing with here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  lol good one.
                  If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

On the Pipeline Show tonight 5pm Alaska Time:
                    http://www.thepipelineshow.com/index.php
                    Segment 2: The The University of Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves are off to a 3-1 start and much credit is being given to new head coach Matt Thomas. After years of success in the ECHL, the BC born coach is taking on a new challenge.
                    Upper Deck Fan

Comment

Clam digger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Clam digger?
                        Depends on your definition of "clam".
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

With the off week Matt should be able to instill/refine/practice more of his systems in the guys and get closer to up to speed.
                          Things are moving in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by revfnb View Post
                            On the Pipeline Show tonight 5pm Alaska Time:
                            http://www.thepipelineshow.com/index.php
                            Segment 2: The The University of Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves are off to a 3-1 start and much credit is being given to new head coach Matt Thomas. After years of success in the ECHL, the BC born coach is taking on a new challenge.
                            Thanks for the link! Good interview. Pleased to hear that Shyiak has found a job scouting for the Toronto Maple Leaves. I really like Matt, he's so positive and it's contagious!
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Thanks for the link! Good interview. Pleased to hear that Shyiak has found a job scouting for the Toronto Maple Leaves. I really like Matt, he's so positive and it's contagious!
                              http://www.thepipelineshow.com/clips...omas_Oct22.mp3 Anyone who hasn't listened can go straight to the segment by clicking that.

Comment

New recruit. Austin azurdia from Langley in the bchl.
                                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Working...
                                X