PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

tomthumb
11-01-2013, 09:58 PM
After 30 years of watching Seawolf hockey, I have learned not to get my expectations up too high early in the season. I'm happy for the success we had in the pre-season tournaments, but not really surprised by the results tonight either.

That being said, I sure hope the team pulls together a whole lot better than the Seawolf fans on this thread have.

Alaska Hockey
11-01-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm kinda fed up with you also... You and your ******** pony bullsh*t. And sh*tty spelling, it's 'disconcerting'.

The two users who had always stood for the good of team, are both ******** *sshats.

And you can't stand each other... kinda poetic I guess.

I've put out some negatives about the team, but you gotta realize, these young men also read this. I'm not gonna question their character or resolve anymore. They didn't come here to lose. IMHO, coach has 3 maybe 4 years.... in college hockey, you have to let them form their own team. Hence, i see a LOT of recruiting going on.

Get 1 winning season, a chance to make NCAA tourney, you'll see more young men staying here.
Hey it's only 7 ******* not 8********:eek:

Jimjamesak
11-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey it's only 7 ******* not 8********:eek:
Well I'll be an SOBB, the extra B is for Bear******.

Suze
11-01-2013, 11:47 PM
After 30 years of watching Seawolf hockey, I have learned not to get my expectations up too high early in the season. I'm happy for the success we had in the pre-season tournaments, but not really surprised by the results tonight either.

That being said, I sure hope the team pulls together a whole lot better than the Seawolf fans on this thread have.

The guys got killed by Western Michigan and came back to beat Denver the next night. Let's hope for a better game tomorrow night as well. Haider said the game was on America One, did anyone watch it? Is it worth it?

tomthumb
11-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Haider said the game was on America One, did anyone watch it? Is it worth it?

Since we just relocated to Colorado after many moons in AK, I ponied up for the America One WCHA season package - the quality is OK, works fine on my Mac, but it's not as good as watching on "real" TV, for sure. Have not been able to hook it up to a good TV yet, so we'll see about that later. So far, there is typically only a score shown - no clock, no penalty clock, minimal replays and minimal ads. On the few games I have watched so far, the camera stays on center ice during the intermission, but the audio runs on, much to the future chagrin of the unknowing announcers... I expect things to be more refined as the season goes on. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic - time will tell.

It appears you get the home team's announcers for the broadcast, which makes sense. For the Brice Tournament, it was Kurt Haider for the UAA games, which was great. Tonight's game had the homer pair from BGSU. It was interesting listening to them chatting about how their player should not have been called for a clear penalty after retaliating against Bailey for his major. Something about "he was within his rights protecting his captain...blah, blah, blah" I'm pretty sure there is no "within his rights" clause in the rulebook - a penalty is a penalty... Makes you appreciate Haider - he is the best in the biz.

Hal9K
11-02-2013, 12:54 AM

Agree with this^
Maybe we're a bit to pumped up, looks like some mayhem at the start of the 2nd and kind of unwound on us after that. I didn't hear the game, hope to tomorrow afternoon though. Buckle up boys show up and compete.

Suze
11-02-2013, 01:13 AM
Since we just relocated to Colorado after many moons in AK, I ponied up for the America One WCHA season package - the quality is OK, works fine on my Mac, but it's not as good as watching on "real" TV, for sure. Have not been able to hook it up to a good TV yet, so we'll see about that later. So far, there is typically only a score shown - no clock, no penalty clock, minimal replays and minimal ads. On the few games I have watched so far, the camera stays on center ice during the intermission, but the audio runs on, much to the future chagrin of the unknowing announcers... I expect things to be more refined as the season goes on. Maybe my expectations are unrealistic - time will tell.

It appears you get the home team's announcers for the broadcast, which makes sense. For the Brice Tournament, it was Kurt Haider for the UAA games, which was great. Tonight's game had the homer pair from BGSU. It was interesting listening to them chatting about how their player should not have been called for a clear penalty after retaliating against Bailey for his major. Something about "he was within his rights protecting his captain...blah, blah, blah" I'm pretty sure there is no "within his rights" clause in the rulebook - a penalty is a penalty... Makes you appreciate Haider - he is the best in the biz.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you watch tonights game? I agree, Haider is the absolute best. One of the worst color guys I've ever listened to is Eric Drygas. Such a homer.

UAFIceAngel
11-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Did you watch tonights game? I agree, Haider is the absolute best. One of the worst color guys I've ever listened to is Eric Drygas. Such a homer.

Curious to know if you're aware that you've been spelling his first name wrong for quite some time? Erik, not Eric.

Jimjamesak
11-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Curious to know if you're aware that you've been spelling his first name wrong for quite some time? Erik, not Eric.
Curious to know if you're aware we don't care?

UAFIceAngel
11-02-2013, 02:06 AM
Curious to know if you're aware we don't care?
Rawr. Someone is a sour puss.

Jimjamesak
11-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Rawr. Someone is a sour puss.
I'm not a sour puss. I figured you'd know that considering you're undoubtedly an expert on sour pusses...

UAFIceAngel
11-02-2013, 04:03 AM
I'm not a sour puss. I figured you'd know that considering you're undoubtedly an expert on sour pusses...
You make this rivalry so much fun! :-D

Freddie
11-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Earth to Anchorage:

Your #39 may want to seek some professional counseling with regard to his obvious anger management issues. He was practically begging to get shown to the gate (and/or get his butt kicked), right from the start of the game. While I applaud a chippy guy who plays with an enthusiastic 'take-no-crap' attitude, he was out of control.

uaafanblog
11-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Earth to Anchorage:

Your #39 may want to seek some professional counseling with regard to his obvious anger management issues. He was practically begging to get shown to the gate (and/or get his butt kicked), right from the start of the game. While I applaud a chippy guy who plays with an enthusiastic 'take-no-crap' attitude, he was out of control.

Nice. Way to go Hubbs.

Alaska Hockey
11-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Earth to Anchorage:

Anchorage to Earth………. Keep your head up ……… and get used to it.

UAA08
11-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Earth to Anchorage:

Good on you Dylan. He reminds me so much of Kevin Clark.

UAA08
11-02-2013, 01:43 PM
The guys got killed by Western Michigan and came back to beat Denver the next night. Let's hope for a better game tomorrow night as well. Haider said the game was on America One, did anyone watch it? Is it worth it?

I watched the game online. The PBP announcer for BGSU didn't make it back to the booth for the start of the 2nd period. The behind the scenes guys were like, "this is ridiculous." Such a rookie mistake, yet so hilarious.

seawolfpunk
11-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Changes in the lineup tonight, trupp in for Murphy, leask in for van Allen, and gunderson in for Matyas.

Need a better effort tonight stay out of the box and we should be fine

seawolfpunk
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Earth to Anchorage:

Every team has one

Alaska Hockey
11-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I watched the game online. The PBP announcer for BGSU didn't make it back to the booth for the start of the 2nd period. The behind the scenes guys were like, "this is ridiculous." Such a rookie mistake, yet so hilarious.

It happens when somebody moves your hip flask into a new hiding spot.