X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
    Hey Suze.. with them switching radio stations this year, hopefully you'll have better luck with picking up Kurt's broadcast out there in the Valley? Hope so!
    Wait, wha??? Seawolves games aren't being broadcast on 550 KENI anymore? I've been out of the loop too long! (And being in Minnesota now probably doesn't help!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      I hope so too!!
      You should be able to listen to the game on your smartphone via iHeartRadio app. I'll definitely check that out this weekend.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
        And he appears to be out with an injury for perhaps the rest of the season.

Amantea has played in eight games this season, picking up three goals and seven points, and was on pace for a fifty-point season before being side-lined with an upper-body injury.

I doubt you'd see mention of this if his injury was something short-term.

Uaafanblog, you have been nothing but negative about Matt Thomas and Josh Ciocco since the hiring...you are obsessed with the fact that someone from Alaska was not hired. You claim UAA has not landed any difference makers? Mantha is the top goalie in the BCHL. Larson is the top scorer on the top team in the AJHL. Conti has a lot of upside. Amantea is a good player on the top junior team in Canada--also, his injury is not significant--- his shoulder was injured and bchl live stated 2-4 weeks. Also, you have no clue what kind of money any of these players received thus do not know their true value...what if amantea is a walk on? Just saying...

Can you name a single "difference maker" from alaska playing junior hockey? You stated a need to land more talent from alaska as a serious problem with the Shyiak era---yet all I see is kids from anchorage on the team not producing... What talent are you referring to? Who playing junior hockey from alaska is a difference maker? Just curious....

UAA will never land "difference makers" like the gophers or Wisconsin...if you are expecting the new staff to do that than you are not intelligent. In terms of the new WCHA, I think with guys like Mantha, Larson, and conti, the new staff has out recruited most every team in their league since being hired...maybe with the exception ofMankato.

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
          Uaafanblog, you have been nothing but negative about Matt Thomas and Josh Ciocco since the hiring...you are obsessed with the fact that someone from Alaska was not hired. You claim UAA has not landed any difference makers? Mantha is the top goalie in the BCHL. Larson is the top scorer on the top team in the AJHL. Conti has a lot of upside. Amantea is a good player on the top junior team in Canada--also, his injury is not significant--- his shoulder was injured and bchl live stated 2-4 weeks. Also, you have no clue what kind of money any of these players received thus do not know their true value...what if amantea is a walk on? Just saying...

Can you name a single "difference maker" from alaska playing junior hockey? You stated a need to land more talent from alaska as a serious problem with the Shyiak era---yet all I see is kids from anchorage on the team not producing... What talent are you referring to? Who playing junior hockey from alaska is a difference maker? Just curious....

UAA will never land "difference makers" like the gophers or Wisconsin...if you are expecting the new staff to do that than you are not intelligent. In terms of the new WCHA, I think with guys like Mantha, Larson, and conti, the new staff has out recruited most every team in their league since being hired...maybe with the exception ofMankato.
          I have to agree with you here. When Donald had his blog he could find ways to make a sows ear look like a silk purse, but he sure has been negative so far this year. Let's see some of that "silver lining" you are so good at DD!

And thanks for the heads up on Cam!
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            You should be able to listen to the game on your smartphone via iHeartRadio app. I'll definitely check that out this weekend.
            Actually I plan on watching the games on GCI channel 1, even if they are delayed until 8 pm. seawolfpunk - did you get anything definitive from GCI?
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Actually I plan on watching the games on GCI channel 1, even if they are delayed until 8 pm. seawolfpunk - did you get anything definitive from GCI?
              Unless something changes, the games will only be shown on tape delay. Sorry guys
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                Unless something changes, the games will only be shown on tape delay. Sorry guys
                Well, thanks for checking into it. I guess I'll just have to wait ... and stay off of facebook and the Internet beforehand!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just an FYI some road games will still be shown live.

Anyone make the trip up north?
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Radio in my office is so weak, i get no AM stations, please update the score.... :O)
                    Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Ok, i officially love IHEARTRADIO...

I can hear the game!! On my phone, without a radio!
                      Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post

Quality was good? I was gonna listen to the game but Homecoming was tonight for UAA.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post

Is that an app? I have tune-in radio (app).. but am not sure what Iheartradio is.... ㋡

Comment

I thought we played a complete game against the Pio's tonight. Lots of energy. Lots of SOG. Lots of faceoffs won. Lots of set up plays. Pretty good D. Didn't fold when we got down by 1. Strong in the OT. Couple of dumb penalties.
                            Overall a very strong game!
                            It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              I thought we played a complete game against the Pio's tonight. Lots of energy. Lots of SOG. Lots of faceoffs won. Lots of set up plays. Pretty good D. Didn't fold when we got down by 1. Strong in the OT. Couple of dumb penalties.
                              Overall a very strong game!
                              It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
                              I agree, it was 4 strong periods of hockey. They won more face-offs and the shots on goal were impressive.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

My Two cents on the weekend.

Honestly thought we would split this weekend, although I expected us to beat western and lose to du. Very disappointed in Friday night game, taking penalties on the power play is unacceptable. After there shorty I was pretty certain the game was over. Much better game Saturday with hubbs and Bailey the best players on the ice the whole game. Matyas definitely has the upper hand on #1 goalie for now although I think kamal deserves a . I would like to see some others get action (duwe and trupp when he's healthy.

Go seawolves
                                Last edited by seawolfpunk; 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X