PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Alaska Hockey
10-29-2013, 12:57 AM
I'm cracking up reading all the fussin' & feudin' between Anchortown and Bearflanks! I mean... we haven't even played each other yet, so just imagine the comments once we do! :D
Fussin' and feudin' ...what you talking about ?
NOTE...no GCI game this week Bowling green is still in the stone age. Pony up or listen to Kurt.

Suze
10-29-2013, 01:44 AM
Another recruit from bchl. welcome Matt anholt from west kelowna. Here's the list of recruits so far

Jarrett brown defenseman, cowichan valley capitals bchl (shyiak recruit)
Olivier mantha, goalie pentiction vees bchl
Antony conti, forward pentiction vees bchl
Cam amantea, forward pentiction vees bchl
Jake Larson, forward brooks bandits ajhl
Austin azuria, forward Langley rivermen bchl
Matt anholt forward west kelowna warriors bchl

I like that we are getting the western canada kids, however it would be nice of we could snag some kids from the ushl and nahl

Thanks! You can hear Matt's interview about choosing UAA right here:
https://app.box.com/s/vcri0iiqwnkdzz2lbm7y

Jimjamesak
10-29-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm cracking up reading all the fussin' & feudin' between Anchortown and Bearflanks! I mean... we haven't even played each other yet, so just imagine the comments once we do! :D

Hey JimJames (off... wayyyy off topic, but..): if you pop in can you please advise if there's been some sort of change on the forum as far as posting photos? I used to be able to do it with no problem, but now.. instead, when I preview the post, I'm getting some funky asterisk thingies where the URL I put in is.. and no photo. :( I tried using the brackets, tried putting a photo in a folder on USCHO, tried everything.. PS.. also tried to send you this question via PM, but I guess that's not working either. P.S.S... No rush. Thanks muchly ~ :D
Just quote one of my posts and you'll find out how. I'm not readily giving it out though.

Hal9K
10-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Fussin' and feudin' ...what you talking about ?
NOTE...no GCI game this week Bowling green is still in the stone age. Pony up or listen to Kurt.

I'll listen to Kurt thank you.

Suze
10-29-2013, 05:20 PM
I'll listen to Kurt thank you.

Ditto. We mute the TV and listen to him on road games anyway!

AlaskaRox
10-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Just quote one of my posts and you'll find out how.

That was part of the "everything" I tried a few days ago. :(

I'm not readily giving it out though. Wow.. ok, then. Thanks anyway. :confused:

uaafanblog
10-29-2013, 08:25 PM
I am interested to see if Thomas goes with his 7 dmen lineup or uses 12 forwards ... I'm thinking that a road gameplan which puts 4 offensive lines on the ice would perhaps give the team a chance to control the tempo.

Hal9K
10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
I am interested to see if Thomas goes with his 7 dmen lineup or uses 12 forwards ... I'm thinking that a road gameplan which puts 4 offensive lines on the ice would perhaps give the team a chance to control the tempo.
His coaching from what we've seen so far makes me think he may keep the same set up. He has shown that he likes to double shift certain players and this is his vehicle to do it.

uaafanblog
10-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Not having a 4th line does also limit your tactical options. If he does go that way I sure hope the reward repays the risk. It will be interesting not only this weekend but over the next few weeks to see what sort of team they become ... in terms of style of play. Can or will the defensemen get into the offensive end more?

In any case, good luck to the team this weekend. I'm hoping for a 5-1 start!!!

AKSWF
10-31-2013, 02:02 AM
In case somebody else does't know, just learned via late night radio: Friday night game is on 550, 650 on Saturday night.

Suze
10-31-2013, 02:11 AM
In case somebody else does't know, just learned via late night radio: Friday night game is on 550, 650 on Saturday night.

I hadn't heard that, so thanks for the heads up. Go Wolves!!

spiehler
10-31-2013, 10:52 AM
They have a game against Ohio State on Tuesday but they're off this weekend like us. I think it'll be a good test for UAA.We (BG) lost 5-3 (1 empty net). BG dominated the first period but couldn't sustain it. We gave up too many odd-man rushes and breakaways. OSU missed wide-open nets a couple of times. Two weeks ago, BG was down 3-0 but rallied to beat OSU 4-3 at home. (Official attendance was 1782 in a place that seats 17,500.)

In the last 12 seasons, BG finished in the top half of the CCHA once. In the last five seasons, BG finished dead last three or four times. The good news this season is that BG is scoring. In five of six games my boys have scored at least three goals. Carpenter, last season's leading scorer is out with a broken finger. Williamson and Murphy have give goals each. The defense is experienced (but see above). Sophomore goalie Burke saw a fair amount of action last season, and freshman Sholl has had three starts this season.

This season: Tie and loss at Union. Tie and win vs. Colgate. Split with Ohio State.

vizoroo
10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
I hadn't heard that, so thanks for the heads up. Go Wolves!!
Prevents confusion withe the Sea hawks:o

Hal9K
10-31-2013, 02:32 PM
We (BG) lost 5-3 (1 empty net). BG dominated the first period but couldn't sustain it. We gave up too many odd-man rushes and breakaways. OSU missed wide-open nets a couple of times. Two weeks ago, BG was down 3-0 but rallied to beat OSU 4-3 at home. (Official attendance was 1782 in a place that seats 17,500.)

In the last 12 seasons, BG finished in the top half of the CCHA once. In the last five seasons, BG finished dead last three or four times. The good news this season is that BG is scoring. In five of six games my boys have scored at least three goals. Carpenter, last season's leading scorer is out with a broken finger. Williamson and Murphy have give goals each. The defense is experienced (but see above). Sophomore goalie Burke saw a fair amount of action last season, and freshman Sholl has had three starts this season.

This season: Tie and loss at Union. Tie and win vs. Colgate. Split with Ohio State.
I know we're irrelevant and all that but this is our only thread? No UAA at BGU thread? Couldn't find one. Thanks Spiehler for some BGU information.

seawolfpunk
10-31-2013, 02:42 PM
I know we're irrelevant and all that but this is our only thread? No UAA at BGU thread? Couldn't find one. Thanks Spiehler for some BGU information.

Games thread are only fun with goofer and Sioux fans to show how arrogant most of there fan base are

Hal9K
10-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Games thread are only fun with goofer and Sioux fans to show how arrogant most of there fan base are

True

AKJD
10-31-2013, 03:28 PM
BGSU threads are rare, they tend to congregate at their own forum.

pdt1081
10-31-2013, 03:48 PM
BGSU threads are rare, they tend to congregate at their own forum.

There's a few of us that read here. But most of our conversations are on www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com

Freddie
10-31-2013, 06:43 PM
OK, I've just got to ask. What, exactly, is a sea wolf?

Jimjamesak
10-31-2013, 07:05 PM
OK, I've just got to ask. What, exactly, is a sea wolf?
First off it's Seawolf.

It is a mythical creature from the lore of the Tlingit tribe (they're the ones that build the totem poles).