PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Suze
10-25-2013, 04:22 PM
I just checked. The format was pre-determined and followed. This situation arose in the 2009-2010 brice and the same thing happened.

The goals scored is the secondary tiebreaker but the last game is special and is a championship game. If the teams are even coming in, the GAME goes to a shootout which get logged as a win. Regulation -> OT -> shootout = Win or Loss of the game and the tournament. Obviously designed to increase the stakes of the competition so that people don't leave the championship game with a tie and a statistic-based winner.

Also, it keeps Bruce from using the "kissing your sister" line... :D

I actually like Bruce. I don't like how he gets so excited that you can't understand what he is saying, but he keeps Drygas in line ... and he's a class act.

Jimjamesak
10-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Which makes sense because you can spell it with UAF....wait, what?
Take it easy, that's deep thought for her.

Squarebanks
10-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Take off the tin foil hat.

Want more dirty laundry? Hows about UA_ changing the rules of their tournament at the last minute to give them an opportunity to win it? What??? Their format was like UAA's, in the case of a tie the winner would be determined by goal differential. All through the Saturday night game Bruce mentioned that the Nanooks had to win the game, a tie would give the trophy to Western. He must have mentioned this a half dozen times, stating that he got the information from the UA_ athletic department.

But then UA_ doesn't win the game against Western in OT. Suddenly it's announced that there WILL be a shoot out! Bruce is dumbfounded, saying that is not what he was told ... he was told that there would NOT be a shoot out. Even homer Drygas said "they are making it up on the fly". I bet Andy Murray was quite upset about that. What was funny was the reaction of Bruce and Eric though. Bruce said that Dallas didn't even have his shooters names written down yet because it was sprung on him unexpectedly. Only in _airbanks. :eek:

UAFIceAngel
10-25-2013, 04:58 PM
I feel so honored to know that you two take time out of your day to try and insult me.

Jimjamesak
10-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I feel so honored to know that you two take time out of your day to try and insult me.
Don't flatter yourself, it doesn't take that much time.

UAFIceAngel
10-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Andddd just so you know, that sign was 1. Made 8 years ago (so quit living in the past) and 2. Made when I thought you were a nice person so I did a silly rebuttal.

Methodical
10-25-2013, 06:24 PM
I actually like Bruce. I don't like how he gets so excited that you can't understand what he is saying, but he keeps Drygas in line ... and he's a class act.

He's certainly a staple of our hockey program. A really big, important, historic, staple. I'm pretty sure he's been doing hockey broadcasting longer than the careers of anyone in the athletic department...

I think Bruce is best at names. It's really quite hard, but I notice he does a good job of memorizing the names of opposing players and using it, rather than just the jersey number. Easy when your talking us vs you, not so easy when it's us vs some team we only play twice a year with a whole new roster.

Suze
10-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Take off the tin foil hat.

Why? I like glittery things! :)

UAFHockeyFan314
10-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Allow me to clear the air about the Goal Rush a bit since nobody (apparently, even, the broadcasters) know the rules. Nanooks versus RPI in 2009 was the last time this was necessary.

1) Every game that ends in a tie ends with a shootout. In the tournament, there are no ties. Officially WMU and UA will earn a tie for NCAA, but for tournament title purposes, the shootout puts Alaska at 2-0 and WMU at 1-1. This comes from the CCHA's shootout rules when the tournament was first formed years ago.

2) In the event that that Anchorage/Alaska, or WMU/DU tie at 2-0, since they didn't actually play each other, then goal differential/goals scored becomes the tie breaker.

Suze
10-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Allow me to clear the air about the Goal Rush a bit since nobody (apparently, even, the broadcasters) know the rules..

Bruce said he got his information from the athletic director!

Alaska Hockey
10-25-2013, 08:07 PM
I think Bruce is best at names. It's really quite hard, but I notice he does a good job of memorizing the names of opposing players and using it, rather than just the jersey number. I was listening last weekend and Bruce kept referring to a player on the Denver team who wasn't on the roster. Some body on Denver named “Teammate” kept receiving passes all game long. The guy played on every line the whole game.

Methodical
10-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Teammate was ALL OVER THE ICE!!

UAFHockeyFan314
10-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Bruce said he got his information from the athletic director!

I won't go there...

Seawolf Fan
10-27-2013, 07:29 PM
We've had some good practices. Had time to get new systems down. Worked on PP and PK. Some chemistry should start to jell.
Ohio is a loooong ways from home however if the guys give the effort we should sweep em.
It's a new time and a great day to be a Seawolf.

Alaska Hockey
10-28-2013, 02:25 AM
We've had some good practices. Had time to get new systems down. Worked on PP and PK. Some chemistry should start to jell.
Ohio is a loooong ways from home however if the guys give the effort we should sweep em.
It's a new time and a great day to be a Seawolf.

But it is one of those "Easy going East" road trips. That's why UAA only plays teams east of them.........
So Seawolves head out and kick some Eastern butt.

Hal9K
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Who is this Bowling Green and why are WCHA pick em participants choosing them to sweep us? Are they that good?

Jimjamesak
10-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Who is this Bowling Green and why are WCHA pick em participants choosing them to sweep us? Are they that good?
Oh God, they're picking us to sweep? Nope? Good all is right with the world.

Alaska Hockey
10-28-2013, 02:09 PM
I won't go there...
I think The UA_ walking bear just........."moon walked"

seawolfpunk
10-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Another recruit from bchl. welcome Matt anholt from west kelowna. Here's the list of recruits so far

Jarrett brown defenseman, cowichan valley capitals bchl (shyiak recruit)
Olivier mantha, goalie pentiction vees bchl
Antony conti, forward pentiction vees bchl
Cam amantea, forward pentiction vees bchl
Jake Larson, forward brooks bandits ajhl
Austin azuria, forward Langley rivermen bchl
Matt anholt forward west kelowna warriors bchl

I like that we are getting the western canada kids, however it would be nice of we could snag some kids from the ushl and nahl

AlaskaRox
10-29-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm cracking up reading all the fussin' & feudin' between Anchortown and Bearflanks! I mean... we haven't even played each other yet, so just imagine the comments once we do! :D

Hey JimJames (off... wayyyy off topic, but..): if you pop in can you please advise if there's been some sort of change on the forum as far as posting photos? I used to be able to do it with no problem, but now.. instead, when I preview the post, I'm getting some funky asterisk thingies where the URL I put in is.. and no photo. :( I tried using the brackets, tried putting a photo in a folder on USCHO, tried everything.. PS.. also tried to send you this question via PM, but I guess that's not working either. P.S.S... No rush. Thanks muchly ~ :D