This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Message for Suze from Will and Dori Sec 213. We are continuing to follow UAA, but we have moved and are now living in San Antonio, Tx. We will be back in Anchorage in Dec and hope to be able to see UAA play while we are there. Nice to see the guys start out well, but we have seen that before. This year could be the year of change. Hope you and Mr. Suze are doing well.
    Will

Comment

Originally posted by WillH View Post
      Message for Suze from Will and Dori Sec 213. We are continuing to follow UAA, but we have moved and are now living in San Antonio, Tx. We will be back in Anchorage in Dec and hope to be able to see UAA play while we are there. Nice to see the guys start out well, but we have seen that before. This year could be the year of change. Hope you and Mr. Suze are doing well.
      Will
      Will! We wondered where you guys had been ... but figured with all those trips to Hawaii you made that you were wanting to be in a warmer climate. I certainly understand that! We will miss you both! Hopefully you can make it to one of the games in December (6 &7 and 13 & 14). If you do, look us up. We have the same seats, only on the opposite side of the ice. Tell Dori hi for us.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

New recruit cam amantea from pentiction in the bchl via woody
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Any idea other than travelling to the far dark north where the UAA Goal Rush games can be seen???
          GCI? Online? Satellite at a bar? Beam me up Scotty?
          Why would this get aired differently than last week's games?

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
            Why would this get aired differently than last week's games?

GFM
            I think he's talking about the local broadcast. They have the UAA-Western game on tape delay.

I wanted to ask you if they showed the Kendall Hockey Classic games on America One?
            _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
            No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Yes they did.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                Here's the press release from Penticton:

http://www.pentictonvees.ca/leagues/...370&page=74014

Sounds like a great kid and a solid recruit. Welcome Cam!
                Last edited by Suze; 10-16-2013, 08:26 PM.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                  Cam is the third Pentiction Vee to commit under Matt Thomas' era. Must be our new pipeline eh?
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Quite a few prospects on that team. Nothing against any of the guys coming to UAA but other than Mantha I'd tend to think they are not Tier 1 prospects/players necessarily. We had a bit of a "pipeline" with some pretty strong Spruce Grove teams but other colleges got the higher level prospects. Nothing wrong with Scott Allen or Cameron or Coldwell ... but they aren't in general recognized in the same Tier as some of the Spruce Grove guys that went to other schools.

What we UAA fans have to hope is that the guys we get in general (from anywhere) are "underrated" and/or late bloomers.

Again, nothing against any of these future guys that have been announced but none of them are what other people might call difference makers. At least yet they aren't. They could all develop. Conti in particular since he's the youngest. We'll see.
                    Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-16-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
                      Yes they did.
                      They looked great! The only problem was not having an audio feed of whatever TV station was doing the games, but eventually a radio feed was piped in and synchronized fairly well. I am very happy with the AmericaOne offering so far.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                        Quite a few prospects on that team. Nothing against any of the guys coming to UAA but other than Mantha I'd tend to think they are not Tier 1 prospects/players necessarily. We had a bit of a "pipeline" with some pretty strong Spruce Grove teams but other colleges got the higher level prospects. Nothing wrong with Scott Allen or Cameron or Coldwell ... but they aren't in general recognized in the same Tier as some of the Spruce Grove guys that went to other schools.

What we UAA fans have to hope is that the guys we get in general (from anywhere) are "underrated" and/or late bloomers.

Again, nothing against any of these future guys that have been announced but none of them are what other people might call difference makers. At least yet they aren't. They could all develop. Conti in particular since he's the youngest. We'll see.
                        Well, I disagree with you. Penticton is a strong team who recruits well, and we don't generally get players from there. And Shyiak and staff were either way behind the 8 ball when it came to recruiting, or players simply didn't want to come to UAA (probably a little of both). I see these recruits signing so early in the season a positive sign for UAA.

And what's wrong with Cameron and Allen? I think they are very strong players! Cameron was on a mission all last weekend.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          They looked great! The only problem was not having an audio feed of whatever TV station was doing the games, but eventually a radio feed was piped in and synchronized fairly well. I am very happy with the AmericaOne offering so far.

GFM

The video feed from the Carlson will not be in high definition...the equipment hasn't arrived yet...Camera angles not the best either...As far as I know, both the Fairbanks and Anchorage America One and GCI statewide feeds(and FOX 7 TV for Fairbanks) use the radio simulcast audio....Did I hear that the Lake State Lakers video feed had no audio???

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                            The video feed from the Carlson will not be in high definition...the equipment hasn't arrived yet...Camera angles not the best either...As far as I know, both the Fairbanks and Anchorage America One and GCI statewide feeds(and FOX 7 TV for Fairbanks) use the radio simulcast audio....Did I hear that the Lake State Lakers video feed had no audio???
                            The UA_/UBC game was live (I think it was anyway) - why are these games delayed a few hours?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                              The video feed from the Carlson will not be in high definition...the equipment hasn't arrived yet...Camera angles not the best either...
                              and ......... camera operators have no inkling as to capturing the spectator sport of ice hockey on video , their camera positions give that away from the get go, they just validate the suspicion . Somebody said they were where they are at is so they could get the best angles of the “Kissing Cam” which goes on forever that you feel that the game was a commercial. Last but not least ……… Geezer security (according to mmf on an earlier report) and if he said they are geezer’s. Folks…….. they be Geezers .
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Will! We wondered where you guys had been ... but figured with all those trips to Hawaii you made that you were wanting to be in a warmer climate. I certainly understand that! We will miss you both! Hopefully you can make it to one of the games in December (6 &7 and 13 & 14). If you do, look us up. We have the same seats, only on the opposite side of the ice. Tell Dori hi for us.
                                We arrive on the 5th and plan on making it to games on the 6th and 7th, so we will look for you. We are going to miss the UAA games. We have the San Antonio Rampage here so will be able to see some hockey but just not the WCHA and college hockey. Look forward to seeing you guys in Dec. Go Seawolves!!

Comment

Working...
                                X