PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Suze
10-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Those stats are from this year only.

GFM

So they are very relevant then!!

UAFIceAngel
10-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Not true.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendance/division-i-men/2013-2014/

So like 400 more people according to that, not what I saw on the site I went to but still....considering your arena holds 2,000+ more than th carlson...not that impressive.

Jimjamesak
10-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Fine, don't listen and keep replying to the trolls. But take it to another thread!

gfmorris
10-24-2013, 05:06 PM

I'd call that a very, very small sample size.

GFM

Seawolf Fan
10-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Anybody want to talk about our team or just argue (meaningless) with the city on the edge of nowhere?
What about Bowling Green?

Jimjamesak
10-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Anybody want to talk about our team or just argue (meaningless) with the city on the edge of nowhere?
They have a game against Ohio State on Tuesday but they're off this weekend like us. I think it'll be a good test for UAA.

UAA08
10-25-2013, 03:03 AM

They have no desire to go to _airbanks.

Alaska Hockey
10-25-2013, 03:06 AM
So like 400 more people according to that, not what I saw on the site I went to but still....considering your arena holds 2,000+ more than th carlson...not that impressive. Not as impressive as your ten year pin as a student at UA_.

Jimjamesak
10-25-2013, 03:12 AM
Not as impressive as your ten year pin as a student at UA_.
Or her "You can't spell success with UAA" sign. Clever that one was...

Methodical
10-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Come on Suze, attendance for 2 (tournament) games? It'll be interesting to see what the regular season attendance is like. I'm sure it'll go up, but how much? It's already quite a jump year over year, but will that stick?

I'm betting on a slight increase in actual attendance by the end of the year, say 15% by the end of the year, average attendance per game. I believe it was a fluke for a few reasons.

A> Air Force is always a good draw. JBER and all that.
B> Government shutdown woes + Air Force transportation issues gave the tourney a LOT of free press.
C> There always seems to be a larger contingent of fairbanks fans going to anchorage than the other way around... Minor, naturally, but I had to say it.

Methodical
10-25-2013, 11:30 AM
I heard from mmf that the local fans would rather drink beer at an Ice Dogs game than watch UA_. So there's that. ;) :eek:

Whats this?

That's dirty laundry!! It ain't allowed!! How many beers did he drink? I bet all his pictures are lobsided.

Squarebanks
10-25-2013, 12:31 PM
UAF is wearing throwback jerseys for the March games against UAA. Curious if UAA will do the same.

Glad I'm not the only one excited to see how bowling green does against The Ohio State of Jorts University.

Jimjamesak
10-25-2013, 12:50 PM
UAF is wearing throwback jerseys for the March games against UAA. Curious if UAA will do the same.
UAA has special jerseys for the Governor's Cup but I don't know if they're throwbacks or if they'll be worn in Fairbanks.

Suze
10-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Whats this?

That's dirty laundry!! It ain't allowed!! How many beers did he drink? I bet all his pictures are lobsided.

Want more dirty laundry? Hows about UA_ changing the rules of their tournament at the last minute to give them an opportunity to win it? What??? Their format was like UAA's, in the case of a tie the winner would be determined by goal differential. All through the Saturday night game Bruce mentioned that the Nanooks had to win the game, a tie would give the trophy to Western. He must have mentioned this a half dozen times, stating that he got the information from the UA_ athletic department.

But then UA_ doesn't win the game against Western in OT. Suddenly it's announced that there WILL be a shoot out! Bruce is dumbfounded, saying that is not what he was told ... he was told that there would NOT be a shoot out. Even homer Drygas said "they are making it up on the fly". I bet Andy Murray was quite upset about that. What was funny was the reaction of Bruce and Eric though. Bruce said that Dallas didn't even have his shooters names written down yet because it was sprung on him unexpectedly. Only in _airbanks. :eek:

UAFIceAngel
10-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Not as impressive as your ten year pin as a student at UA_.

Because God forbid life events happen and you take a few years off from school to have a family.

UAFIceAngel
10-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Just as clever as yours.

Methodical
10-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Want more dirty laundry? Hows about UA_ changing the rules of their tournament at the last minute to give them an opportunity to win it? What??? Their format was like UAA's, in the case of a tie the winner would be determined by goal differential. All through the Saturday night game Bruce mentioned that the Nanooks had to win the game, a tie would give the trophy to Western. He must have mentioned this a half dozen times, stating that he got the information from the UA_ athletic department.

But then UA_ doesn't win the game against Western in OT. Suddenly it's announced that there WILL be a shoot out! Bruce is dumbfounded, saying that is not what he was told ... he was told that there would NOT be a shoot out. Even homer Drygas said "they are making it up on the fly". I bet Andy Murray was quite upset about that. What was funny was the reaction of Bruce and Eric though. Bruce said that Dallas didn't even have his shooters names written down yet because it was sprung on him unexpectedly. Only in _airbanks. :eek:

Hmm interesting. I can't really dispute this except to say that I asked a couple of people about the format during the saturday game and they told me shootout due to it being the last game of the tourney where one team will win the game and tourney. That doesn't count as anyone in the know though, and it does sound pretty messed up. I hadn't even realized it was that far outside the norm.

Methodical
10-25-2013, 03:00 PM
I just checked. The format was pre-determined and followed. This situation arose in the 2009-2010 brice and the same thing happened.

The goals scored is the secondary tiebreaker but the last game is special and is a championship game. If the teams are even coming in, the GAME goes to a shootout which get logged as a win. Regulation -> OT -> shootout = Win or Loss of the game and the tournament. Obviously designed to increase the stakes of the competition so that people don't leave the championship game with a tie and a statistic-based winner.

Also, it keeps Bruce from using the "kissing your sister" line... :D

Jimjamesak
10-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Just as clever as yours.
Keep telling yourself that, it may come true one day.

bigblue_dl
10-25-2013, 04:42 PM

Which makes sense because you can spell it with UAF....wait, what?