This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

If I'm not mistaken ... Jordan Kwas leads the nation in scoring.

Comment

He just might. Leads the nation in hat tricks probably
      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        Nice way to come back and finish the game, not a pretty one, but I'll take it. A W is a W. Nice comeback UAA.

Go seawolves.
        It certainly wasn't pretty. A better effort is going to be needed next weekend up in Squarebanks against Denver and Wastern Michigan.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          It certainly wasn't pretty. A better effort is going to be needed next weekend up in Squarebanks against Denver and Wastern Michigan.
          i agree, especially with Western getting shutout twice by notre dame this weekend. And i bet Sam Mellor wants to try and stick it to some of his old teammates as well.

Denver also looked good shutting out Merrimack twice this weekend.
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            i agree, especially with Western getting shutout twice by notre dame this weekend. And i bet Sam Mellor wants to try and stick it to some of his old teammates as well.

Denver also looked good shutting out Merrimack twice this weekend.

Comment

i was way off on Kwas ... he's just 8th in the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                i was way off on Kwas ... he's just 8th in the nation.
                "Just"? LOL
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Those who didn't hear Wisconsin, Maine, and uaf will be joining us at the Kendall next year

Comment

Congrats on the good weekend.

Question: is it not possible to buy tickets at a children's rate anymore?
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Congrats on the good weekend.

Question: is it not possible to buy tickets at a children's rate anymore?
                      It does not appear like that is possible anymore. This could be because of the kids get in free promotions. I find two flaws with this though. It technically only allows for 2 tickets per adult ticket purchased. While this did not seem to be the case this weekend because I saw a mother get 6 free tickets for her kids. The bigger issue that I see is that the kids free tickets are located nowhere near where the parents have purchased tickets. This used to be GA open seating tickets but they all have assigned seats on them now. While this is not an issue at present because there are a lot of open seating options it could become a problem if/when attendance picks up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ru00 View Post
                        It does not appear like that is possible anymore. This could be because of the kids get in free promotions. I find two flaws with this though. It technically only allows for 2 tickets per adult ticket purchased. While this did not seem to be the case this weekend because I saw a mother get 6 free tickets for her kids. The bigger issue that I see is that the kids free tickets are located nowhere near where the parents have purchased tickets. This used to be GA open seating tickets but they all have assigned seats on them now. While this is not an issue at present because there are a lot of open seating options it could become a problem if/when attendance picks up.
                        I went with my brother in law and nephew yesterday and bought tickets online ahead of time...$75 just to get in the door for the three of us is an ouch. Good to know about the kids get in free promo, but is that only at the door?
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by ru00 View Post
                          I was told there are general admission tickets in the lower bowl ... I don't know how many there are, but parents with children could sit in those seats, could they not?
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I went with my brother in law and nephew yesterday and bought tickets online ahead of time...$75 just to get in the door for the three of us is an ouch. Good to know about the kids get in free promo, but is that only at the door?
                            Yes. Friday is green and gold night, if a kid is wearing these colors they get in free with a paid adult ticket (up to 2 kids per ticket sold). Saturday is jersey night, same thing applies if they wear any jersey. And believe me, the rules for these promos (what they wear) are very lax.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Tickets are always more for the tourney because there are two games. What are the prices for the Goal Rush tourney?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yes, only at the door. Right next to where students get tickets and will call.

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                I was told there are general admission tickets in the lower bowl ... I don't know how many there are, but parents with children could sit in those seats, could they not?
                                From what I can tell there are no tickets that do not have assigned seats on them. The person giving out tickets to the mother with the 6 kids went through her stack of tickets looking for 6 that would be together. This tells me that all of them have seats rather than begin true GA tickets. I like the idea of at least some of the lower bowl being open seating so that there are not problems later.

Comment

Working...
                                X