X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    This is a wasted post as the university just announced that Air Force is coming up as planned
    Yeah, no kidding! I wonder if we paid for all their travel expenses, since new AD Kevin Hackett said, “Despite the government shutdown, we are pleased to announce that we have worked with the Air Force Academy to accommodate their travel to Alaska”.
    Last edited by AKSWF; 10-09-2013, 12:01 AM. Reason: *their*they're*there
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Also we really made our presence known with our sticks against UBC, we were very active when UBC was in our zone. I love that!
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Looks like a Solid player for one of the top programs in Canadian junior A
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Is the game on GCI is there a chat?
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            An earlier ADN article said that $10,000 was spent to purchase seat covers, which could be removed if more seating room was needed. So which is it? I don't see how curtains would work on the north side of the arena where there are 6 rows of seats open. Curtains on the left and right of this section would block the view for those who are in the balcony.

There are things in this article that are not at all factual.

Actually, UAA has done a TON of this. Passes have been handed out to fans so they can invite people to the games. The local highschool players and students get in free for every game, and you know that group of rowdy kids from the Military Youth Academy (the ones who added so much atmosphere to the arena), they all got in for free! So don't tell me that UAA hasn't done any of this. All sorts of groups have been offered free tickets, but not all take advantage of the offer.

When it comes to college sports, there is a little thing called the NCAA that they have to deal with. Lyle isn't allowed to rally the troops, it is against NCAA rules. Anyway, I wouldn't want a Bob Lester kind of announcer at UAA games.
            Did you see the curtains? Did you see any "seat covers"?

I'll tell you what I saw:

Sullivan Arena staff members were yelling at people, grabbing them to stop them as they walked by, all to keep them from going into the balcony, it was disgusting. There was no semblance of customer service anywhere in that area, it felt very much "Them against us". LET PEOPLE SIT WHERE THEY WANT TO SIT!
            Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

• Originally posted by SAEMike View Post

Sullivan Arena staff members were yelling at people, grabbing them to stop them as they walked by, all to keep them from going into the balcony, it was disgusting. There was no semblance of customer service anywhere in that area, it felt very much "Them against us". LET PEOPLE SIT WHERE THEY WANT TO SIT!
              Give it a rest. Yes, now you actually have to sit with other people!

The Arena is better with everyone condensed like it was. I like the idea and it seems to have helped things, at least at game one. Things are different and that scares you, but sometimes things change for the better.

BTW, you're asking for customer service from people from Sullivan Arena. Hehe yeah that doesn't happen and you can't really blame UAA for that.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by SAEMike View Post

There were curtains in front of the stairs (except the middle section on the north side). There will be seat covers on most of the balcony seats but they didn't come in in time.

We have tickets for the balcony, and staff simply asked to see them and then let us in. I watched them turn a few people away, but they were nice. I think it would be better for Sully staff to stand at the bottom of the stairs and check tickets instead of turning them away when they get to the top of the stairs. BTW, even the healthy scratches for UAA and the coaching staff were asked to leave! Matt and his assistants ended up being able to stay, but they aren't even letting players sit in the balcony.

It was just the first game and people will get used to it. If there is a certain area you want to sit in, buy season tickets for that area. I think there may still be some season tickets available in the balcony area, it wasn't full last night.

Anyway, just as I predicted a few weeks ago, this step greatly improved the atmosphere of the game, and I'm sure it made things much more enjoyable for the players as well. The pregame laser show was awesome!
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  There were curtains in front of the stairs (except the middle section on the north side). There will be seat covers on most of the balcony seats but they didn't come in in time.

We have tickets for the balcony, and staff simply asked to see them and then let us in. I watched them turn a few people away, but they were nice. I think it would be better for Sully staff to stand at the bottom of the stairs and check tickets instead of turning them away when they get to the top of the stairs. BTW, even the healthy scratches for UAA and the coaching staff were asked to leave! Matt and his assistants ended up being able to stay, but they aren't even letting players sit in the balcony.

It was just the first game and people will get used to it. If there is a certain area you want to sit in, buy season tickets for that area. I think there may still be some season tickets available in the balcony area, it wasn't full last night.

Anyway, just as I predicted a few weeks ago, this step greatly improved the atmosphere of the game, and I'm sure it made things much more enjoyable for the players as well. The pregame laser show was awesome!
                  The atmosphere was better, and it was loud, well the music was really loud. I'm starting to slowly lose my hearing and I'm only 21 because of all the loud music in my headphones, and it was too loud for me. Anybody else feel this way?
                  Last edited by AKSWF; 10-12-2013, 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling ;]

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    The atmosphere was better, and it was loud, well the music was really loud. I'm starting to slowly lose my hearing and I'm only 21 because of all the loud music in my headphones, and it was too loud for me. Anybody else feel this way?
                    It's supposed to be loud, it's a college sporting event. I'm all for it, especially since they are playing a ton of country music
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

As far as the team goes, i was extremely impressed with Dylan hubbs. That kid reminds me of clarky a lot. Friesen, dusyk and rassell also will be studs for the long run.

Looking forward to Air Force

Go wolves and bobcats tonight

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                        It's supposed to be loud, it's a college sporting event. I'm all for it, especially since they are playing a ton of country music
                        Maybe it was my seats then, around row 10 seems to be where the speakers blast out the most music. Don't get me wrong I like loud things....with bass.

Comment

Zack Rassell reminds me a lot of Daniel Naslund: both look like big, lanky guys who don't skate fantastic but use their length and reach very effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                            I totally agree, it was way too loud. I felt sorry for the parents who had little children there, with no ear protection. One the hearing is damaged it cannot be repaired, it's damaged for life. It seemed louder on the north side than it did when we used to sit on the south side. The other odd thing was that we could hardly hear the end of the period horn, if you can call it a horn. Other people around us mentioned that as well.
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                              Zack Rassell reminds me a lot of Daniel Naslund: both look like big, lanky guys who don't skate fantastic but use their length and reach very effectively.
                              I was thinking the same thing last night, and Zach wears the same number too.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Nice way to come back and finish the game, not a pretty one, but I'll take it. A W is a W. Nice comeback UAA.

Go seawolves.

Comment

Working...
                                X