X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    Well, if I don’t throw in a post every so often, Suze and Alaska Hockey wonder if anything has happened to me.

BTW, watching your exhibition against UBC. Matyas looks pretty solid.
    Watching it where? Was it online? Yes, Matyas looked VERY solid ... why Shyiak never gave him a chance is beyond me. Good for coach for letting him play the entire game ... he earned it. Some of the freshmen looked good as well ... and our penalty killers got in a lot of practice too
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
      They're honestly not that big of a deal. Would seats be more comfortable? I suppose.
      Only if you care about your back. I can't sit without some back support, so those bleachers killed me.
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Watching it where? Was it online? Yes, Matyas looked VERY solid ... why Shyiak never gave him a chance is beyond me. Good for coach for letting him play the entire game ... he earned it. Some of the freshmen looked good as well ... and our penalty killers got in a lot of practice too
        It was streamed online for free!
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          It was streamed online for free!
          Thanks.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            The women also don't like it when you call them sweetie...
            How would you take it when you grew up in _airbanks your entire life and when a outsider said anything to you it was always “Hi Pat”.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              Well, if I don’t throw in a post every so often, Suze and Alaska Hockey wonder if anything has happened to me.
              Figured as soon as that PFD s hit your bank you had some lame justification to leave your wife chopping wood and for you head to town. So I have installed some surveillance on another one of your know hangouts because Anchorage Police Dept. has a big task force bulling all your old buddies off ever other corner . I could constantly count on them to snitch when you hit town.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

What I took away from last night's game:

Matays looked very solid, made some key stops when we needed him too. He might really challenge our two senior goaltenders for time in the net, that is saying a lot.
                We played pretty good, too many penalties against in my opinion but then again it was only exhibition.
                UBC came out super aggressive at that start, and we responded by scoring early and making smart plays.
                Ben Matthews and Chase Van Allen made some mistakes with the puck in the first period, but then rebounded for some solid play after that.
                More games should be played at the Farg (sounds bad but UAA continues to push that phrase), it was loud, there was actually a majority student body crowd into the game. If we have any Halloween weekend games they should be played on campus.....At least it would be a sell-out.....maybe.
                Our freshman looked very good, again this was just an exhibition game though.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Van Allen looked real good going forward a coupla times. Really liked what I saw from Friesen and the PP goal where Rassell and Hubbs combined was sweet.

I imagine we'll see different line combos for a while as there is a shortage of natural centers. Personally, I hope to see Tatchell and Bailey together.

Not a bad opener overall.
                  Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-06-2013, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Don't know if anybody has mentioned this but UAA Hockey is now going to be broadcasted(not a word?!) on 650 KENI. And where's the wind?! I don't want classes tomorrow!
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                      Don't know if anybody has mentioned this but UAA Hockey is now going to be broadcasted(not a word?!) on 650 KENI. And where's the wind?! I don't want classes tomorrow!
                      I heard that the other day, when Kurt was doing a radio commercial for the hockey team. He said that 650 was the new home of the Seawolves. Anyone heard anything about this weekends games yet?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....aska-anchorage

Jake Larson commits to UAA
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                          Thanks, I like speedy players!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Could UAA & UA_ play a non-league game Saturday night? Or is there some NCAA rule saying college hockey teams can only play each other four times in the regular season? Or how about a sort-of-tournament Kendall Classic where the winners play each other, unless Quinnipiac wins both games...then loser with the lowest margin of loss plays Q? Darn politicians not accepting the ?Affordable Health Care Act?....and shame on the USAA for paying for the Air Force football team's expense to travel to play last weekend, but not pay for the hockey team. Their hockey team has more of a chance of actually doing anything remarkable. And yeah I brought up politics but please let's leave it at that, this is a hockey thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Thanks, I like speedy players!!
                              And I'm still waiting for the second coming of Steve Cygan! Still my favorite Seawolf to date!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                                Could UAA & UA_ play a non-league game Saturday night? Or is there some NCAA rule saying college hockey teams can only play each other four times in the regular season? Or how about a sort-of-tournament Kendall Classic where the winners play each other, unless Quinnipiac wins both games...then loser with the lowest margin of loss plays Q? Darn politicians not accepting the ?Affordable Health Care Act?....and shame on the USAA for paying for the Air Force football team's expense to travel to play last weekend, but not pay for the hockey team. Their hockey team has more of a chance of actually doing anything remarkable. And yeah I brought up politics but please let's leave it at that, this is a hockey thread.
                                This is a wasted post as the university just announced that Air Force is coming up as planned
                                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Working...
                                X