PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

uaafanblog
10-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Cam Amantea is only 19 and he has 3-4--7 totals in eight games. According to Woody, he plays on Penticton's "Trench Line,'' playing against the opponent's top line. He certainly sounds solid, and should only get better with more experience!

And he appears to be out with an injury for perhaps the rest of the season.

Amantea has played in eight games this season, picking up three goals and seven points, and was on pace for a fifty-point season before being side-lined with an upper-body injury. (http://www.pentictonvees.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=3172&leagueID=8370&page=74014)

I doubt you'd see mention of this if his injury was something short-term.

Suze
10-17-2013, 11:58 AM
I found an interesting "Q&A with Matt Thomas" article on College Hockey News

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/10/17_qa_with__uaa_coach_matt.php

Suze
10-17-2013, 12:05 PM

Amantea has played in eight games this season, picking up three goals and seven points, and was on pace for a fifty-point season before being side-lined with an upper-body injury. (http://www.pentictonvees.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=3172&leagueID=8370&page=74014)

I don't like to speculate on things like that ... I'm hoping for the best for Cam.

uaafanblog
10-17-2013, 12:06 PM
I found an interesting "Q&A with Matt Thomas" article on College Hockey News

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/10/17_qa_with__uaa_coach_matt.php

There's also a short interview with Amantea from a couple of days before.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/10/15_commitment_qa_uaas_cam.php

AlaskaRox
10-17-2013, 01:13 PM
...and the games are also on GCI one and air sometimes live and tape delay...UAA is also on GCI one....

I just called some dipwad @ GCI and asked if the games would be broadcasted live on channel 1. Told him that their schedule shows them airing UAA @ 8pm and UAF @ 11pm and asked if that was right.

His response was "schedule? huh? whaaa? :confused: " After putting me on hold and asking someone else there, he came back and said "Maybe you could turn the tv on when the game starts and then we'll all know for sure when it's on" ...... :rolleyes:

seawolfpunk
10-17-2013, 01:28 PM
I just called some dipwad @ GCI and asked if the games would be broadcasted live on channel 1. Told him that their schedule shows them airing UAA @ 8pm and UAF @ 11pm and asked if that was right.

His response was "schedule? huh? whaaa? :confused: " After putting me on hold and asking someone else there, he came back and said "Maybe you could turn the tv on when the game starts and then we'll all know for sure when it's on" ...... :rolleyes:

I'm checking on that actually, I work for the company so I can find out

AlaskaRox
10-17-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm checking on that..

Awesome ~ thanks seawolfpunk ♡ ..Even if we have to watch it tape-delayed for some reason, at least we have Kurt!! :p

Suze
10-17-2013, 01:49 PM

Yeah, I've had the same kind of "help" from GCI too. :(

AlaskaRox
10-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Hey Suze.. with them switching radio stations this year, hopefully you'll have better luck with picking up Kurt's broadcast out there in the Valley? Hope so! :o

Suze
10-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Hey Suze.. with them switching radio stations this year, hopefully you'll have better luck with picking up Kurt's broadcast out there in the Valley? Hope so! :o

I hope so too!!

Alaskana
10-17-2013, 10:46 PM

Wait, wha??? Seawolves games aren't being broadcast on 550 KENI anymore? I've been out of the loop too long! (And being in Minnesota now probably doesn't help!). :)

AKSWF
10-18-2013, 01:03 AM
I hope so too!!

You should be able to listen to the game on your smartphone via iHeartRadio app. I'll definitely check that out this weekend.

dover4345
10-18-2013, 01:13 AM

Uaafanblog, you have been nothing but negative about Matt Thomas and Josh Ciocco since the hiring...you are obsessed with the fact that someone from Alaska was not hired. You claim UAA has not landed any difference makers? Mantha is the top goalie in the BCHL. Larson is the top scorer on the top team in the AJHL. Conti has a lot of upside. Amantea is a good player on the top junior team in Canada--also, his injury is not significant--- his shoulder was injured and bchl live stated 2-4 weeks. Also, you have no clue what kind of money any of these players received thus do not know their true value...what if amantea is a walk on? Just saying...

Can you name a single "difference maker" from alaska playing junior hockey? You stated a need to land more talent from alaska as a serious problem with the Shyiak era---yet all I see is kids from anchorage on the team not producing... What talent are you referring to? Who playing junior hockey from alaska is a difference maker? Just curious....

UAA will never land "difference makers" like the gophers or Wisconsin...if you are expecting the new staff to do that than you are not intelligent. In terms of the new WCHA, I think with guys like Mantha, Larson, and conti, the new staff has out recruited most every team in their league since being hired...maybe with the exception ofMankato.

Suze
10-18-2013, 01:56 AM
Uaafanblog, you have been nothing but negative about Matt Thomas and Josh Ciocco since the hiring...you are obsessed with the fact that someone from Alaska was not hired. You claim UAA has not landed any difference makers? Mantha is the top goalie in the BCHL. Larson is the top scorer on the top team in the AJHL. Conti has a lot of upside. Amantea is a good player on the top junior team in Canada--also, his injury is not significant--- his shoulder was injured and bchl live stated 2-4 weeks. Also, you have no clue what kind of money any of these players received thus do not know their true value...what if amantea is a walk on? Just saying...

Can you name a single "difference maker" from alaska playing junior hockey? You stated a need to land more talent from alaska as a serious problem with the Shyiak era---yet all I see is kids from anchorage on the team not producing... What talent are you referring to? Who playing junior hockey from alaska is a difference maker? Just curious....

UAA will never land "difference makers" like the gophers or Wisconsin...if you are expecting the new staff to do that than you are not intelligent. In terms of the new WCHA, I think with guys like Mantha, Larson, and conti, the new staff has out recruited most every team in their league since being hired...maybe with the exception ofMankato.

I have to agree with you here. When Donald had his blog he could find ways to make a sows ear look like a silk purse, but he sure has been negative so far this year. Let's see some of that "silver lining" you are so good at DD! ;)

And thanks for the heads up on Cam!

Suze
10-18-2013, 01:57 AM
You should be able to listen to the game on your smartphone via iHeartRadio app. I'll definitely check that out this weekend.

Actually I plan on watching the games on GCI channel 1, even if they are delayed until 8 pm. seawolfpunk - did you get anything definitive from GCI?

seawolfpunk
10-18-2013, 01:59 AM
Actually I plan on watching the games on GCI channel 1, even if they are delayed until 8 pm. seawolfpunk - did you get anything definitive from GCI?

Unless something changes, the games will only be shown on tape delay. Sorry guys

Suze
10-18-2013, 02:01 AM
Unless something changes, the games will only be shown on tape delay. Sorry guys

Well, thanks for checking into it. I guess I'll just have to wait ... and stay off of facebook and the Internet beforehand!!

seawolfpunk
10-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Just an FYI some road games will still be shown live.

Anyone make the trip up north?

UAA Fan in Florida
10-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Radio in my office is so weak, i get no AM stations, please update the score.... :O)

UAA Fan in Florida
10-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Ok, i officially love IHEARTRADIO...

I can hear the game!! On my phone, without a radio!