PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Jimjamesak
08-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Man you seapuppies are in midseason form. Now on my command every seapuppy troll take an Abilify. I know your saying what? it's a drug that helps people control their anger, try it.
http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw9234-twilight_nobody_cares.jpg

gfmorris
08-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Well, that was a bad place for a typo.

GFM <— not a troll, but knows how to play one...

seawolfpunk
08-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Well, that was a bad place for a typo.

GFM <— not a troll, but knows how to play one...

How crazy is Bama right now that the pigskin season is upon us?

UAA08
08-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Man you seapuppies are in midseason form. Now on my command every seapuppy troll take an Abilify. I know your saying what? it's a drug that helps people control their anger, try it.

Anchorage native Lane Bauer came to his senses and decided _airbanks was below his "Ability". Who's angry now?

mmf
08-31-2013, 05:51 PM
Anchorage native Lane Bauer came to his senses and decided _airbanks was below his "Ability". Who's angry now?

Who indeed? We wish him nothing but the best. We are thankful that he thought enough about our college program to at least give it thoughtful consideration. We might just add his name on the Governors Cup all four years he would have help win it had he been here just to show our appreciation. That’s how we roll.

Go Nooks!

Alaska Hockey
08-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Who indeed? We wish him nothing but the best. We are thankful that he thought enough about our college program to at least give it thoughtful consideration. We might just add his name on the Governors Cup all four years he would have help win it had he been here just to show our appreciation. That’s how we roll.

Go Nooks!
Might as well, put him right after the UA_ (NON) compliance person but not the 3 hired to do his job.

Suze
09-01-2013, 08:39 PM
I know this was mentioned on the locked thread, but I think it's fantastic that Barrett Heisten is on staff as an asst. coach for the Seawolves. He has deep ties to the Anchorage hockey community ... exactly what UAA needs. Thank you Barrett!

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58452&SPID=6373&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=209243046&Q_SEASON=2013

gfmorris
09-02-2013, 02:18 AM
How crazy is Bama right now that the pigskin season is upon us?

Oh my. I stay off of social media on Saturdays. It's easier on my blood pressure.

GFM

ninelives
09-03-2013, 10:49 PM
bump....... 31 days till HOCKEY!!!!!!!!

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
09-05-2013, 12:04 AM
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2013/9/4/4696648/uaa-seawolves-alaska-anchorage-defenseman-anthony-conti-vancouver-giants-penticton-vees-bchl-wcha

Nice pickup for UAA. Not a complete blue chipper, but definitely a solid prospect who could have a significant impact in the new WCHA.

seawolfpunk
09-05-2013, 12:16 AM
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2013/9/4/4696648/uaa-seawolves-alaska-anchorage-defenseman-anthony-conti-vancouver-giants-penticton-vees-bchl-wcha

Nice pickup for UAA. Not a complete blue chipper, but definitely a solid prospect who could have a significant impact in the new WCHA.

Holy cow that is a nice pickup. Welcome Anthony

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
09-05-2013, 12:35 AM
I know some UAA fans were upset at hiring a "prep school coach" but I'll promise you Ciocco will find some gems in Western Canada.

Alaska Hockey
09-05-2013, 02:24 AM
I know some UAA fans were upset at hiring a "prep school coach" but I'll promise you Ciocco will find some gems in Western Canada. I sound like a Alum......." Not Me" I like the "Young Gun’s” of the coaching world. I think the Coaches will relate to recruits as like an older brother instead of them sitting on Grandpa’s knee for a story.

revfnb
09-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Looks like the Sully will get some new ice equipment from an article in the Alaska Star "Four Municipal rinks — the Mac, Sullivan Arena, Ben Boeke and Dempsey-Anderson — are slated for upgrades over the next few years. The Freon refrigeration systems — which have performed well — are being phased out, said Director of Parks and Recreation John Rodda.

With new technology and aging rinks — all four are between three and four decades old — now is the time to make improvements, Rodda said.

The Muni hired Wisconsin-based Stevens Engineers to analyze each rink and offer its opinion on which new ice system would best suit each facility. Rodda said Stevens’ report should be out this month.

Once construction starts, the facility would be closed for about five months. Rodda’s hope is work on the rink chosen to go first will start in mid-April 2014 and be finished by mid-September.

Governor Sean Parnell has already approved state funds for the project, Rodda said, $4 million of which is slated for the Mac. Rodda said he expects the Eagle River facility to be first in line. However, nothing is set in stone, he added."

uaafanblog
09-08-2013, 03:47 PM
I know some UAA fans were upset at hiring a "prep school coach" but I'll promise you Ciocco will find some gems in Western Canada.And some people interpret skepticism and critical analysis as upset.

Previous coaches have all found some gems in western canada. It is landing local gems that could have benefitted by giving consideration to any number of local assistant prospects. Hopefully, it is a sign that Thomas is going to do all the recruiting of local kids. All that is down the line.

The first concern is this season. The real proof in the pudding will be whether the head coach can put together a winning team out of the overlooked gems that UAA has on its roster now. There is every reason to expect that attitudes will be hugely turned around from last season. That was a squad that was better than their crappy record. So if you couple attitude with an uptick in tempo and a new coach who can find ways to help guys like Bailey, Tatchell, Allen, Kwas etc score at full potetial ... nuff said.

Suze
09-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Looks like the Sully will get some new ice equipment from an article in the Alaska Star "Four Municipal rinks — the Mac, Sullivan Arena, Ben Boeke and Dempsey-Anderson — are slated for upgrades over the next few years. The Freon refrigeration systems — which have performed well — are being phased out, said Director of Parks and Recreation John Rodda.

With new technology and aging rinks — all four are between three and four decades old — now is the time to make improvements, Rodda said.

The Muni hired Wisconsin-based Stevens Engineers to analyze each rink and offer its opinion on which new ice system would best suit each facility. Rodda said Stevens’ report should be out this month.

Once construction starts, the facility would be closed for about five months. Rodda’s hope is work on the rink chosen to go first will start in mid-April 2014 and be finished by mid-September.

Governor Sean Parnell has already approved state funds for the project, Rodda said, $4 million of which is slated for the Mac. Rodda said he expects the Eagle River facility to be first in line. However, nothing is set in stone, he added."

They are planning to replace the ice refrigeration system in 2014 and depending on the cost of the project for this new system, the glass may be replaced then. We really, really need new glass.

Wolfman
09-09-2013, 05:28 PM
They are planning to replace the ice refrigeration system in 2014 and depending on the cost of the project for this new system, the glass may be replaced then. We really, really need new glass.

Suze, where did you hear this from?

AlaskaRox
09-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Suze, where did you hear this from?

Here's the last (state) budget info I could find regarding the Sullivan Arena. But since they change dates and priorities around all the flippin time, hardly any of stays in the order of how it's originally planned. For example, moving the ball field at Mulcahy Stadium to expand the hockey arena's parking lot was initially going to be done last summer, they didn't get to it this summer... and now plan to do it next summer.

This list also seems to change every time a new budget is out. If we're rolling in oil money next time and depending on the mood of the governor (whoever it is when the next one rolls out), the list will likely change again. Hopefully it will just say "Tear it down and build a new one!" :D

2012:

$5,190,000 Expand Sullivan Arena Parking Lot/Upgrade HVAC and Security Systems

2013:

$ 300,000 Construct Press Box
$ 200,000 Renovate VIP Room
$ 75,000 Replace Front Mezzanine Railing System
$ 50,000 Replace Exterior Door
$ 50,000 Upgrade Elevator Control
$ 15,000 Upgrade VIP Room (Bar/Kitchen)s
$ 10,000 Replace Portable Concession Counter

2014:

$ 200,000 Repair Exterior Sidewalk
$ 75,000 Replace Folding Chairs (1000)
$ 40,000 Repair Refrigeration System (Valve Stems)

2015:

$200,000 Replace Ice-Making Compress
$100,000 Upgrade Outside Pan/Tilt/Zoom Security System
$100,000 Replace Exterior Admin. Stairway
$65,000 Replace Computer/Software Refurbish
$40,000 Replace Compactor

2016:

$400,000 Refurbish Concrete, Stairways
$250,000 Upgrade Parking Lot
$20,000 Replace Parking Lot Equipment

- - -

That's the state facilities budget and the muni puts out another one. Remember though.. our illustrious mayor :rolleyes: wants to spend the $7.5 million in facilities maintenance money (which would have put new glass and other arena upgrades for this season) towards some tennis court project that doesn't seem to be going over with residents very well..

http://omb.alaska.gov/ombfiles/13_budget/CapBackup/proj52171.pdf

AlaskaRox
09-10-2013, 01:15 AM
$ 300,000 Construct Press Box

Ha! I just noticed that on the list.. I hope it's not just for the Doyle Woody types and that Kurt gets something out of it too.. LOL! :D

http://i291.***********.com/albums/ll300/bluemontana/4c4c409f-414e-4f46-9c04-4b52f6dea2cc_zps6eb5fa6c.jpg (http://s291.***********.com/user/bluemontana/media/4c4c409f-414e-4f46-9c04-4b52f6dea2cc_zps6eb5fa6c.jpg.html)

p.s... I'm sure glad the Aces weren't successful (again) in trying to steal him away. They keep losing their pbp guys to the NHL. Kurt, we love you! :p

Jimjamesak
09-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Just announced on the UAA Facebook page: There will be a Green and Gold game on Sept 21 at the Sports Center. Free admission.