X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
    Oh I don't think you're in their league, well you should hope you aren't anyway.
    They might not be in his league.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Oh I don't think you're in their league, well you should hope you aren't anyway.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

The cowbell thing was at Seawolf games before Cusack was at UAA as a player. Obviously that was before he started what became the Aces. The cowbell thing is a descendant of Seawolf Hockey.
        The cowbells at Seawolf games got killed off the same way the salmon on the ice at every score got killed.
        The NCAA has rules about artificial noise makers (not sure how the free hand out "shaker/clacker" thing works) as well as prohibiting tossing things onto the ice.
        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 10-03-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          GFM? Please no.
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            The cowbell thing was at Seawolf games before Cusack was at UAA as a player. Obviously that was before he started what became the Aces. The cowbell thing is a descendant of Seawolf Hockey.
            The cowbells at Seawolf games got killed off the same way the salmon on the ice at every score got killed.
            The NCAA has rules about artificial noise makers (not sure how the free hand out "shaker/clacker" thing works) as well as prohibiting tossing things onto the ice.
            And so we abandoned our red headed step child the cowbell when shown the light by the NCAA. Although some frozen fish after our "first"goal was cool, alas big brother NCAA did not like that either. There was always a lot of local debate pro/con regarding the fish.

Comment

GFM? Please no.
              I'm not sure if that's meant as a compliment.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                I'm not sure if that's meant as a compliment.

GFM
                It is you don't want to associate yourself here as any kind of Aces fan.

Comment

I just saw UAF new locker room at the Carlson Center and it is sure a first class facility. Wow. Everything there is "Alaska Nanooks" not UAF. We might as well start calling them "Alaska"

Comment

Quick note from quick look at practices, they seem to be much more close knit drills, designed to truly be a team practice. I like it.
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      I just saw UAF new locker room at the Carlson Center and it is sure a first class facility. Wow. Everything there is "Alaska Nanooks" not UAF. We might as well start calling them "Alaska"
                      NEVER, they will always be uaf no matter what.
                      Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
                        The University of Alaska Anchorage Athletics program has decided it's curtains for the UAA hockey program - literally.

Instead of working to fill the seats of the Sullivan Arena, the UAA Athletic Department has decided to purchase curtains to cover all but a few rows of one section of the balcony seating.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/10/01/310458...wont-help.html
                        I have some serious doubts on whether or not UAA Hockey is still the leading money grabber sports wise. With the attendance quickly dwindling and the number of increasing free tickets being handed out, did hockey even pay for itself last season? This coupled with no ice in the new Sports Complex, and the creeping thought that the "man" is out to get us makes me paranoid.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                          NEVER, they will always be uaf no matter what.
                          UA_.......corrected it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                            UA_.......corrected it for you!
                            But yet their fans still chant UAF at games.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                              The locker rooms may be first class, but the facility most definitely is not. Have you ever had to sit on those uncomfortable bleachers in the balcony? As much as I hate the Sully, I'd take it any day over the Carlson.
                              Last edited by Suze; 10-03-2013, 11:50 PM.
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Just read on the ADN that Matyas will split playing time with either Kamal or Gunderson, but that all three goalies will not play. Also mentioned is that Matyas is listed as a freshman on the roster, which he is, so he must have red-shirted. Good for him.

Trupp is out with a minor injury and so is a second unspecified player.

http://www.adn.com/2013/10/03/310830...arly-test.html

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X