This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

If Air Force bails then the simplest solution is to play Quinnipiac twice. Just tell UAF to stay home and problem solved.

If that doesn't happen then hopefully the games AF doesn't play should be forfeits and go down as a W in the win/loss column.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      So it sounds like we may not be playing airforce next weekend
      There was a last minute push to put together some funding from the community/alumn/boosters to avoid this, but my understanding it was going to football first, then it got nixed due to questions rising if AF gets to travel and Army or Navy does not. Not that I think they could've done it, but there was talk.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
        If Air Force bails then the simplest solution is to play Quinnipiac twice. Just tell UAF to stay home and problem solved.

If that doesn't happen then hopefully the games AF doesn't play should be forfeits and go down as a W in the win/loss column.
        Heard on the radio earlier today that the academies questioned the NCAA (mainly football related) but got told to talk to each of the conferences. This is going to probably be decided with AH talking to the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
          Heard on the radio earlier today that the academies questioned the NCAA (mainly football related) but got told to talk to each of the conferences. This is going to probably be decided with AH talking to the WCHA.
          More likely with UAA as it is a non-conference game. If it continues some sort of agreement will have to be hashed out with the three schools.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            This state has it's positives, along with many negatives.
            As does every state in our beautiful nation.

Comment

The University of Alaska Anchorage Athletics program has decided it's curtains for the UAA hockey program - literally.

Instead of working to fill the seats of the Sullivan Arena, the UAA Athletic Department has decided to purchase curtains to cover all but a few rows of one section of the balcony seating.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/10/01/310458...wont-help.html
              Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                As does every state in our beautiful nation.
                I don't know, man. I lived in Mississippi for six years, and other than having family there ...

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
                  The University of Alaska Anchorage Athletics program has decided it's curtains for the UAA hockey program - literally.

Instead of working to fill the seats of the Sullivan Arena, the UAA Athletic Department has decided to purchase curtains to cover all but a few rows of one section of the balcony seating.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/10/01/310458...wont-help.html
                  Cowbells....LMAO, yeah for hillbilly hockey. I ordered Aces season tickets and UAA season tickets thru my employer for many many years. The problem especially with the Aces tickets as they play more home games is sooner or later you can't give them away to people interested in going, so you end up donating them. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the new seating policy......except our pathetic excuse for glass. Once again F* cowbells and the dolts that bring them.
                  If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SAEMike View Post

An earlier ADN article said that $10,000 was spent to purchase seat covers, which could be removed if more seating room was needed. So which is it? I don't see how curtains would work on the north side of the arena where there are 6 rows of seats open. Curtains on the left and right of this section would block the view for those who are in the balcony.

There are things in this article that are not at all factual.
                    Before they (the Alaska Wild) moved to this extreme step, however, the Wild gave away as many tickets as they could, they reached out to community organizations and businesses to get people in the door for free and lowered the price of tickets and packages of tickets - I have seen no evidence that UAA has done any of this. Instead, they ordered curtains.
                    Actually, UAA has done a TON of this. Passes have been handed out to fans so they can invite people to the games. The local highschool players and students get in free for every game, and you know that group of rowdy kids from the Military Youth Academy (the ones who added so much atmosphere to the arena), they all got in for free! So don't tell me that UAA hasn't done any of this. All sorts of groups have been offered free tickets, but not all take advantage of the offer.

UAA athletics should take a field trip to an Alaska Aces game. Bob Lester is a master at getting crowds up on their feet and making noise. The Aces enhanced this level of noise by selling and encouraging people to use cowbells.
                    When it comes to college sports, there is a little thing called the NCAA that they have to deal with. Lyle isn't allowed to rally the troops, it is against NCAA rules. Anyway, I wouldn't want a Bob Lester kind of announcer at UAA games.
                    Last edited by Suze; 10-02-2013, 08:04 PM.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Bob Lester is an affront to hockey. Hockey fans don't need some idiot loud mouthed radio shock jock hockey noob to tell them when to cheer.

Aces fans on the other hand do need that.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                        Bob Lester is an affront to hockey. Hockey fans don't need some idiot loud mouthed radio shock jock hockey noob to tell them when to cheer.

Aces fans on the other hand do need that.
                        They DO need that. When he isn't shouting at them to yell, they sit on their hands.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          An earlier ADN article said that $10,000 was spent to purchase seat covers, which could be removed if more seating room was needed. So which is it? I don't see how curtains would work on the north side of the arena where there are 6 rows of seats open. Curtains on the left and right of this section would block the view for those who are in the balcony.

There are things in this article that are not at all factual.

Actually, UAA has done a TON of this. Passes have been handed out to fans so they can invite people to the games. The local highschool players and students get in free for every game, and you know that group of rowdy kids from the Military Youth Academy (the ones who added so much atmosphere to the arena), they all got in for free! So don't tell me that UAA hasn't done any of this. All sorts of groups have been offered free tickets, but not all take advantage of the offer.

When it comes to college sports, there is a little thing called the NCAA that they have to deal with. Lyle isn't allowed to rally the troops, it is against NCAA rules. Anyway, I wouldn't want a Bob Lester kind of announcer at UAA games.
                          100% agree with everything you said here. As the article indicates, this is his opinion, which he is entitled to. I, for one, disagree with the idea to take the Aces approach.
                          _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                          No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            They DO need that. When he isn't shouting at them to yell, they sit on their hands.
                            See, the cowbells have replaced the yelling. It's hard to yell for 2 hours when you suck down 2 packs a day.
                            _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
                            No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                              Cowbells....LMAO, yeah for hillbilly hockey.
                              You rang?

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                You rang?

GFM
                                Oh I don't think you're in their league, well you should hope you aren't anyway.
                                If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Working...
                                X