PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Squarebanks
10-13-2013, 02:08 PM
It does not appear like that is possible anymore. This could be because of the kids get in free promotions. I find two flaws with this though. It technically only allows for 2 tickets per adult ticket purchased. While this did not seem to be the case this weekend because I saw a mother get 6 free tickets for her kids. The bigger issue that I see is that the kids free tickets are located nowhere near where the parents have purchased tickets. This used to be GA open seating tickets but they all have assigned seats on them now. While this is not an issue at present because there are a lot of open seating options it could become a problem if/when attendance picks up.

I went with my brother in law and nephew yesterday and bought tickets online ahead of time...$75 just to get in the door for the three of us is an ouch. Good to know about the kids get in free promo, but is that only at the door?

Suze
10-13-2013, 02:08 PM
It does not appear like that is possible anymore. This could be because of the kids get in free promotions. I find two flaws with this though. It technically only allows for 2 tickets per adult ticket purchased. While this did not seem to be the case this weekend because I saw a mother get 6 free tickets for her kids. The bigger issue that I see is that the kids free tickets are located nowhere near where the parents have purchased tickets. This used to be GA open seating tickets but they all have assigned seats on them now. While this is not an issue at present because there are a lot of open seating options it could become a problem if/when attendance picks up.

I was told there are general admission tickets in the lower bowl ... I don't know how many there are, but parents with children could sit in those seats, could they not?

Suze
10-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I went with my brother in law and nephew yesterday and bought tickets online ahead of time...$75 just to get in the door for the three of us is an ouch. Good to know about the kids get in free promo, but is that only at the door?

Yes. Friday is green and gold night, if a kid is wearing these colors they get in free with a paid adult ticket (up to 2 kids per ticket sold). Saturday is jersey night, same thing applies if they wear any jersey. And believe me, the rules for these promos (what they wear) are very lax.

Suze
10-13-2013, 02:11 PM

Tickets are always more for the tourney because there are two games. What are the prices for the Goal Rush tourney?

ru00
10-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes, only at the door. Right next to where students get tickets and will call.

I was told there are general admission tickets in the lower bowl ... I don't know how many there are, but parents with children could sit in those seats, could they not?
From what I can tell there are no tickets that do not have assigned seats on them. The person giving out tickets to the mother with the 6 kids went through her stack of tickets looking for 6 that would be together. This tells me that all of them have seats rather than begin true GA tickets. I like the idea of at least some of the lower bowl being open seating so that there are not problems later.

Squarebanks
10-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Tickets are always more for the tourney because there are two games. What are the prices for the Goal Rush tourney?

According to ticketmaster, prices are the same for regular games as well.

ru00
10-13-2013, 02:19 PM
tickets were the same for the tourney as they will be for regular season.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=685106&SPID=113608&DB_LANG=C&&&ATCLID=205604828&DB_OEM_ID=13400
HOCKEY
Single-Game Tickets Regular Discount*
Upper Mezzanine $18.50 $13.50
Lower Mezzanine $13.25 $8.25

KENDALL HOCKEY CLASSIC
Single-Session (2 games) Tickets Regular Discount*
Upper Mezzanine $18.50 $13.50
Lower Mezzanine $13.25 $8.25

Suze
10-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes, only at the door. Right next to where students get tickets and will call.

From what I can tell there are no tickets that do not have assigned seats on them. The person giving out tickets to the mother with the 6 kids went through her stack of tickets looking for 6 that would be together. This tells me that all of them have seats rather than begin true GA tickets. I like the idea of at least some of the lower bowl being open seating so that there are not problems later.

I was told by two people in the athletic department that there are GA seats in the lower bowl, down by the front rows I believe, but don't quote me on that. I'll find out.

Suze
10-13-2013, 04:50 PM
According to ticketmaster, prices are the same for regular games as well.

Ok, but do you know ticket prices for the Goal Rush? Are they sold out?

ru00
10-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Ok, but do you know ticket prices for the Goal Rush? Are they sold out?

From what I could tell through ticketmaster there are still tickets and they range from $18.70-$25.80 if you go through ticketmaster.

Suze
10-13-2013, 05:09 PM
From what I could tell through ticketmaster there are still tickets and they range from $18.70-$25.80 if you go through ticketmaster.

Are there fees that are tacked onto those prices?

ru00
10-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Are there fees that are tacked onto those prices?

Yes, $6 something. Don't remember the cents.

AKSWF
10-14-2013, 02:41 AM
i agree, especially with Western getting shutout twice by notre dame this weekend. And i bet Sam Mellor wants to try and stick it to some of his old teammates as well.

Denver also looked good shutting out Merrimack twice this weekend.

Interesting to see how Western Michigan fares in the NCHC, sure they have a former NHL coach (Andy Murray) which I bet is a ginormous plus for Sam. But WM did okay in the CCHA the past 5/10 seasons. They did very crappy in the playoffs last year, and they're in tougher conference from top to bottom now. Not to mention they just got blanked for a whole weekend against a very good Notre Dame team. Seems to me they will probably be a bottom feeder, and I kind of hope they are. The kid was supposed to be a key part of our rebuilding, and then leaves after a ho-hum season to almost the exact same situation!? Bury him in the boards boys, show Sam he made the wrong choice and score only when he is on the ice :D And no, I don't hold grudges ;)

Suze
10-15-2013, 12:43 PM
I haven't seen it posted yet, but I hope that Kwas gets WCHA offensive player of the week!!

seawolfpunk
10-15-2013, 03:24 PM
I haven't seen it posted yet, but I hope that Kwas gets WCHA offensive player of the week!!

He got it suze

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1314/201310/oct15wpmm.php

Jimjamesak
10-15-2013, 05:50 PM
He got it suze

here (http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1314/201310/oct15wpmm.php)

FTFY dude.

Suze
10-15-2013, 07:32 PM
He got it suze

http://www.wcha.com/men/pres1314/201310/oct15wpmm.php

Thanks (to you to JJ). Congrats Jordan!!

UAA Fan in Florida
10-15-2013, 07:33 PM
So if you couple attitude with an uptick in tempo and a new coach who can find ways to help guys like Bailey, Tatchell, Allen, Kwas etc score at full potetial ... nuff said.

That's kinda scary considering this past weekend.... Seems to know what he's doing...

Suze
10-15-2013, 08:41 PM
That's kinda scary considering this past weekend.... Seems to know what he's doing...

Well, Thomas isn't afraid to think outside of the box. I like that.

Seawolf Fan
10-16-2013, 12:54 AM
Any idea other than travelling to the far dark north where the UAA Goal Rush games can be seen???
GCI? Online? Satellite at a bar? Beam me up Scotty?