X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Look, something HAD to be done. The fans were so spread out in the arena that the atmosphere was horrible, and I'm sure it wasn't very much fun for the players either. I hope the student tickets have seat numbers that lead them to the student section, because in the past many of the students refused to sit there. Will this new seating reconfiguration work? They won't know if they don't try it, and the atmosphere can't be any worse than it has been the past few years.
    I sit in the balcony with my daughter so she doesn't risk getting drilled with a puck, as do many other parents. So what are we all supposed to do now?
    GO SEAWOLVES!

Comment

Originally posted by dude View Post
      I sit in the balcony with my daughter so she doesn't risk getting drilled with a puck, as do many other parents. So what are we all supposed to do now?
      Maybe show up in a goalie mask, goalie upper gear, neck guard, goalie breezers and hockey gloves and a diminutive Plexiglas shield should work. Always be late enough to arrive to the arena until after warm-ups as pucks can be approaching from all angles and more than one at a time. Or have the State install netting all around the rink and pull all glass with the exception of 4 feet at the ends to make it a sissified old school feel to the arena.

What I would do is call UAA speak nicely while you state your safety concerns for your child. Then make a special request about seating. May be, just maybe they can work something out. But win or lose thank them for their time.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by dude View Post
        I don't know if you have had season tickets in the past, but they are trying to accommodate long time fans by seating them in the balcony. When we picked up our tickets last Friday there were still some seats available in the balcony. Give Shawna a call in the ticketing department. If that doesn't work, there will be seats behind the glass that you can sit in. Hopefully the glass gets replaced next summer so dealing with those sight issues should not be a problem.

Behind the netting would be another option.
        Last edited by Suze; 09-27-2013, 09:30 PM.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The ADN said today they were going to buy seat covers for the balcony. I think a curtain would have been better.

Comment

Hey hey hey, I'm back! (Not that anybody cares!) Wow, a lot sure has changed in the five months since I last posted, yes siree. Kudos to the UAA Admins & other concerned parties for working to get new glass next year, a new coach, and a new AD. I'm about 2500 miles away from Anchorage now in a new location, but rest assured I'll be back to follow the UAA Seawolves with a renewed passion and vigor despite my lack of proximity to the home team, and of course will be back with new chat rooms this fall as well if any are interested.

Viva la Seawolves! AWOOOOoooOOO!
            Last edited by Alaskana; 09-28-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskana View Post
              Hey hey hey, I'm back! (Not that anybody cares!)

I care and Suze cares... and everyone else who stops into your game-day (out of town) chats cares!

Welcome Back Alaskana!

Comment

• Woot
                If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Hey hey hey, I'm back! (Not that anybody cares!) Wow, a lot sure has changed in the five months since I last posted, yes siree. Kudos to the UAA Admins & other concerned parties for working to get new glass next year, a new coach, and a new AD. I'm about 2500 miles away from Anchorage now in a new location, but rest assured I'll be back to follow the UAA Seawolves with a renewed passion and vigor despite my lack of proximity to the home team, and of course will be back with new chat rooms this fall as well if any are interested.

I am most definitely looking forward to the game night chats!! Thanks for doing that.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    I am most definitely looking forward to the game night chats!! Thanks for doing that.
                    Does it work well with mobile devices?
                    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                      Does it work well with mobile devices?
                      Sorry, I only used the chat on my laptop. Maybe someone else can answer that.

Has everyone seen the new promo commercial that will be on TV soon?
                      https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=815464760529&saved

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        There won't be any 4 game series, but the Pios will be in Alaska for 2 games next month. Always enjoyed the UAA chats and I'll drop by again this year, OK?
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          There won't be any 4 game series, but the Pios will be in Alaska for 2 games next month. Always enjoyed the UAA chats and I'll drop by again this year, OK?
                          Awesome looking forward to it, hopefully Montgomery keeps Denver up on top in the nacho league
                          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Please do Viz!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Everybody's moving away.
                              *******http://www.troll.me/images/dramatic-...mb.jpg******** NSFW
                              I jokes, I'm sure if I get a good job offer southward after I graduate UAA, I'd move too. This state has it's positives, along with many negatives.
                              Last edited by AKSWF; 10-01-2013, 12:19 AM. Reason: NSFW
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

So it sounds like we may not be playing airforce next weekend
                                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Working...
                                X