PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Suze
10-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Well, if I don’t throw in a post every so often, Suze and Alaska Hockey wonder if anything has happened to me.

BTW, watching your exhibition against UBC. Matyas looks pretty solid.

Watching it where? Was it online? Yes, Matyas looked VERY solid ... why Shyiak never gave him a chance is beyond me. Good for coach for letting him play the entire game ... he earned it. Some of the freshmen looked good as well ... and our penalty killers got in a lot of practice too ;)

Suze
10-05-2013, 01:41 AM
They're honestly not that big of a deal. Would seats be more comfortable? I suppose. Only if you care about your back. I can't sit without some back support, so those bleachers killed me.

The Zlax45
10-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Watching it where? Was it online? Yes, Matyas looked VERY solid ... why Shyiak never gave him a chance is beyond me. Good for coach for letting him play the entire game ... he earned it. Some of the freshmen looked good as well ... and our penalty killers got in a lot of practice too ;)

It was streamed online for free!

Suze
10-05-2013, 01:52 AM
It was streamed online for free!

Thanks.

Alaska Hockey
10-05-2013, 01:59 AM
The women also don't like it when you call them sweetie...
How would you take it when you grew up in _airbanks your entire life and when a outsider said anything to you it was always “Hi Pat”.

Alaska Hockey
10-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Well, if I don’t throw in a post every so often, Suze and Alaska Hockey wonder if anything has happened to me.

Figured as soon as that PFD s hit your bank you had some lame justification to leave your wife chopping wood and for you head to town. So I have installed some surveillance on another one of your know hangouts because Anchorage Police Dept. has a big task force bulling all your old buddies off ever other corner . I could constantly count on them to snitch when you hit town.

AKSWF
10-05-2013, 02:06 PM
What I took away from last night's game:

Matays looked very solid, made some key stops when we needed him too. He might really challenge our two senior goaltenders for time in the net, that is saying a lot.
We played pretty good, too many penalties against in my opinion but then again it was only exhibition.
UBC came out super aggressive at that start, and we responded by scoring early and making smart plays.
Ben Matthews and Chase Van Allen made some mistakes with the puck in the first period, but then rebounded for some solid play after that.
More games should be played at the Farg (sounds bad but UAA continues to push that phrase), it was loud, there was actually a majority student body crowd into the game. If we have any Halloween weekend games they should be played on campus.....At least it would be a sell-out.....maybe.
Our freshman looked very good, again this was just an exhibition game though.

uaafanblog
10-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Van Allen looked real good going forward a coupla times. Really liked what I saw from Friesen and the PP goal where Rassell and Hubbs combined was sweet.

I imagine we'll see different line combos for a while as there is a shortage of natural centers. Personally, I hope to see Tatchell and Bailey together.

Not a bad opener overall.

AKSWF
10-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Don't know if anybody has mentioned this but UAA Hockey is now going to be broadcasted(not a word?!) on 650 KENI. And where's the wind?! I don't want classes tomorrow!

Suze
10-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Don't know if anybody has mentioned this but UAA Hockey is now going to be broadcasted(not a word?!) on 650 KENI. And where's the wind?! I don't want classes tomorrow!

I heard that the other day, when Kurt was doing a radio commercial for the hockey team. He said that 650 was the new home of the Seawolves. Anyone heard anything about this weekends games yet?

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
10-08-2013, 09:11 PM
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2013/10/8/4817748/jake-larson-commits-to-alaska-anchorage

Jake Larson commits to UAA

Suze
10-08-2013, 09:18 PM
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2013/10/8/4817748/jake-larson-commits-to-alaska-anchorage

Thanks, I like speedy players!!

AKSWF
10-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Could UAA & UA_ play a non-league game Saturday night? Or is there some NCAA rule saying college hockey teams can only play each other four times in the regular season? Or how about a sort-of-tournament Kendall Classic where the winners play each other, unless Quinnipiac wins both games...then loser with the lowest margin of loss plays Q? Darn politicians not accepting the ?Affordable Health Care Act?....and shame on the USAA for paying for the Air Force football team's expense to travel to play last weekend, but not pay for the hockey team. Their hockey team has more of a chance of actually doing anything remarkable. And yeah I brought up politics but please let's leave it at that, this is a hockey thread.

AKSWF
10-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks, I like speedy players!!

And I'm still waiting for the second coming of Steve Cygan! Still my favorite Seawolf to date!!

seawolfpunk
10-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Could UAA & UA_ play a non-league game Saturday night? Or is there some NCAA rule saying college hockey teams can only play each other four times in the regular season? Or how about a sort-of-tournament Kendall Classic where the winners play each other, unless Quinnipiac wins both games...then loser with the lowest margin of loss plays Q? Darn politicians not accepting the ?Affordable Health Care Act?....and shame on the USAA for paying for the Air Force football team's expense to travel to play last weekend, but not pay for the hockey team. Their hockey team has more of a chance of actually doing anything remarkable. And yeah I brought up politics but please let's leave it at that, this is a hockey thread.

This is a wasted post as the university just announced that Air Force is coming up as planned

AKSWF
10-08-2013, 11:58 PM
This is a wasted post as the university just announced that Air Force is coming up as planned

Yeah, no kidding! I wonder if we paid for all their travel expenses, since new AD Kevin Hackett said, “Despite the government shutdown, we are pleased to announce that we have worked with the Air Force Academy to accommodate their travel to Alaska”.

AKSWF
10-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Also we really made our presence known with our sticks against UBC, we were very active when UBC was in our zone. I love that!

seawolfpunk
10-09-2013, 12:46 AM

Looks like a Solid player for one of the top programs in Canadian junior A

vizoroo
10-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Is the game on GCI is there a chat?

SAEMike
10-12-2013, 07:35 AM
An earlier ADN article said that $10,000 was spent to purchase seat covers, which could be removed if more seating room was needed. So which is it? I don't see how curtains would work on the north side of the arena where there are 6 rows of seats open. Curtains on the left and right of this section would block the view for those who are in the balcony.

There are things in this article that are not at all factual.

Actually, UAA has done a TON of this. Passes have been handed out to fans so they can invite people to the games. The local highschool players and students get in free for every game, and you know that group of rowdy kids from the Military Youth Academy (the ones who added so much atmosphere to the arena), they all got in for free! So don't tell me that UAA hasn't done any of this. All sorts of groups have been offered free tickets, but not all take advantage of the offer.

When it comes to college sports, there is a little thing called the NCAA that they have to deal with. Lyle isn't allowed to rally the troops, it is against NCAA rules. Anyway, I wouldn't want a Bob Lester kind of announcer at UAA games.

Did you see the curtains? Did you see any "seat covers"?

I'll tell you what I saw:

Sullivan Arena staff members were yelling at people, grabbing them to stop them as they walked by, all to keep them from going into the balcony, it was disgusting. There was no semblance of customer service anywhere in that area, it felt very much "Them against us". LET PEOPLE SIT WHERE THEY WANT TO SIT!