X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Even Doyle admits this is a meaningless poll.
    As opposed to all of the "meaningful" polls in the preseason.

Comment

We didn't get snow in Palmer, But the mountains out our front window are amazing!!
      *zing*

Ah, the Alaskan mountains you can't beat it.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I'd always wondered why there was so much criticism about Doyle's coverage of UAA hockey, since I think he's a good writer. But after reading that he watches "at most" one period of any away game, you have my sympathy.* Hopefully a new blogger will step up to give you more coverage. We've really benefitted from the Nanooks Hockey Blog, which tends to delve a little deeper than the News-Miner articles.

*I realize that Doyle's editors have the final say in how he allocates his time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
          I'd always wondered why there was so much criticism about Doyle's coverage of UAA hockey, since I think he's a good writer. But after reading that he watches "at most" one period of any away game, you have my sympathy.* Hopefully a new blogger will step up to give you more coverage. We've really benefitted from the Nanooks Hockey Blog, which tends to delve a little deeper than the News-Miner articles.

*I realize that Doyle's editors have the final say in how he allocates his time.
          And Danny Martin is much kinder in his coverage of UA_ than Doyle is of UAA.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Danny Martin is gone. Doyle has been crappy to the Seawolves because he decided to be crappy to them after UAA limited his access for being crappy to them more than several years ago.

He could have chosen to write positively about them. It not hard to do, I wrote positively during some pretty rough stretches just as most of the regular beat writers do around the league.

Doyle was being a ***** because he could.

Comment

Only $150 to watch all of our league games?! I wonder if that means you could watch our home games live if you cannot attend a game. Will GCI be able to broadcast all our away games?

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=209267280
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                I could care less why he's writing good things as long as he doesn't write negative things.
                Why bait him AKSWF?
                Leave good enough alone.
                Because I know this isn't going to last. And honestly as immature as it is, whenever I get the chance to ridicule or slander Doyle, I do. I go to UAA so don't I have some right to slander him if he slander's my school and favorite hockey team? Especially since he's being doing it for so long, I know I shouldn't stoop to his level but deep inside us all is the 12 year old Jim Rome ready to rip people a new one.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  Danny Martin is gone. Doyle has been crappy to the Seawolves because he decided to be crappy to them after UAA limited his access for being crappy to them more than several years ago.

He could have chosen to write positively about them. It not hard to do, I wrote positively during some pretty rough stretches just as most of the regular beat writers do around the league.

Doyle was being a ***** because he could.
                  What do you mean Danny Martin is gone? He's still writing about UA_ hockey. As for Doyle, he was crappy about UAA even before the Aces. It's been going on for YEARS, and I don't understand his problem, other than he thinks negativity sells.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What do you mean Danny Martin is gone? He's still writing about UA_ hockey. As for Doyle, he was crappy about UAA even before the Aces. It's been going on for YEARS, and I don't understand his problem, other than he thinks negativity sells.
                    Danny Martin is now the sports editor for the FNM. It looks like a new guy, Tim O'Donnell, will be taking over a lot of the hockey coverage.

Comment

So now I can't sit in the balcony above row 7, where I've always sat and where you can actually see the entire ice thanks to those giant sheets of glass that they put around the ice. (And those horrible nets) And now that there are no general admission seats, so you can't get into the arena for less than $23 a game. How is this going to help increase attendance?
                      Lets Go Seawolves!

Comment

Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
                        So now I can't sit in the balcony above row 7, where I've always sat and where you can actually see the entire ice thanks to those giant sheets of glass that they put around the ice. (And those horrible nets) And now that there are no general admission seats, so you can't get into the arena for less than $23 a game. How is this going to help increase attendance?
                        Actually, that is a good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
                          Curious if these curtains will go away for the Gov Cup games, since they are always well attended.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Curious if these curtains will go away for the Gov Cup games, since they are always well attended.
                            Is that cup a special series (like when they were in different leagues) or will it be over the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by camilo View Post
                              Is that cup a special series (like when they were in different leagues) or will it be over the season?
                              It'll be all 4 games between the teams.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by SAEMike View Post
                                General admission tickets will be the same price as last season. The article posted on the UAA website it reads:

All Seawolf Hockey single-game tickets ($13.25 lower mezzanine/$18.50 upper mezzanine) are currently on sale at the Sullivan Arena box office. What was formerly sold as general-admission (upper balcony), single-game tickets for the 2013-14 season now will be sold as lower-mezzanine (yellow seats) reserved seating, while maintaining the previous GA price level.
                                Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/09/26/309611...#storylink=cpy

Alaska Aces tickets are $17.00.

As for what happens during the Gov Cup series, it says:

The former GA seating area in the Sullivan Arena upper balcony will now be closed, unless attendance should exceed lower-bowl capacity.
                                Look, something HAD to be done. The fans were so spread out in the arena that the atmosphere was horrible, and I'm sure it wasn't very much fun for the players either. I hope the student tickets have seat numbers that lead them to the student section, because in the past many of the students refused to sit there. Will this new seating reconfiguration work? They won't know if they don't try it, and the atmosphere can't be any worse than it has been the past few years.
                                Last edited by Suze; 09-26-2013, 09:15 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X