This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Picked up my season tickets today at the athletic office, and met Steve Thompson. He is jazzed about the season! He's also very pumped about our goalie recruit for next season, saying he's "the guy". UAA hockey ... in rebuilding mode and on the way up!!
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
      OK, I just saw on KTUU that they released money to update Sullivan arena. And the news said specifically for Glass at the Sullivan Arena! So, hopefully, we will have new glass by start of season!

http://www.ktuu.com/news/anchorage-h...0,290456.story

Looks like the new boards and glass are coming next spring...

http://www.adn.com/2013/09/20/308573...0-million.html

oh ya...girls high school hockey is back in business thanks to Mr. Gomez and Mr. Thompson.
      Last edited by hockeytownak; 09-21-2013, 01:29 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Originally posted by hockeytownak View Post
        Looks like the new boards and glass are coming next spring...

http://www.adn.com/2013/09/20/308573...0-million.html

oh ya...girls high school hockey is back in business thanks to Mr. Gomez and Mr. Thompson.
        Well, now we know and have this to look forward to. Really enjoyed the Green & Gold game today. Matyas looked very solid, it will be good to see him get some ice time this season. The freshmen looked good as well, scoring 4 goals among them. Good to see my hockey friends once again!
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Nobody really stuck out at me during the Green & Gold game, except Tanner Dusyk who got the games first two goals (garbage goals). The freshmen looked pretty good, so take that however you want. Also, wasn't it supposed to be a current Seawolves games vs. Alumni?
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Nobody really stuck out at me during the Green & Gold game, except Tanner Dusyk who got the games first two goals (garbage goals). The freshmen looked pretty good, so take that however you want. Also, wasn't it supposed to be a current Seawolves games vs. Alumni?
            I don't think so, but in the past they have had games pitting the current team against alumni. Bailey looked good, as did Tatchell. It got a little rough there right at the end of the first 20 minutes. I think Bailey took offense to someone hitting him a little too hard.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

More shots on goal in the first period (and they were quality shots) then in any full game I can remember in the last several seasons. That trend continued through the 2nd however things got a bit sloppy in the second.
              The game was played with a bit of an edge on both sides.
              Some other positives: no set up cycling, only cycled when trapped. Very few times the puck was dumped. They carried it in.
              The freshmen for the most part looked good. Ready to jump in and contribute.
              Overall the session was most definately a positive!
              It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                More shots on goal in the first period (and they were quality shots) then in any full game I can remember in the last several seasons. That trend continued through the 2nd however things got a bit sloppy in the second.
                The game was played with a bit of an edge on both sides.
                Some other positives: no set up cycling, only cycled when trapped. Very few times the puck was dumped. They carried it in.
                The freshmen for the most part looked good. Ready to jump in and contribute.
                Overall the session was most definately a positive!
                I've heard that Matt really wants the guys to shoot a lot more. So looks like the message got through loud and clear. Several advantages this season, an extra (albeit volunteer) coach on staff, and a full time goalie coach - something we have needed for years. All of the teams we played against had full time goalie coaches and we didn't, so that is definitely positive. BTW, what happened to Krafty? He was a volunteer coach for a few years, then sort of disappeared.

Didn't you think Matyas looked really sharp? I sure did. Still scratching my head wondering why Shyiak never played him.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

wasn't it supposed to be a current Seawolves games vs. Alumni?
                  The Alumni have a new contract they only play the UA_ Alumni in the last Saturday afternoon of the Alaska Airlines cup this year it is in _airbanks. So up north in the spring they go.... But my guess is ….. They were also worried about injuries. They didn't think they would have enough time to heal up so decided to do without their preseason game.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

wasn't it supposed to be a current Seawolves games vs. Alumni?
                    The Alumni have a new contract they only play the UA_ Alumni in the last Saturday afternoon of the Alaska Airlines cup this year it is in _airbanks. So up north in the spring they go.... But my guess is ….. They were also worried about injuries. They didn't think they would have enough time to heal up so decided to do without their preseason game.
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Matyas looked very solid, it will be good to see him get some ice time this season
                      I got there late, but LOVED watching him play!! Sorry Gundy & Kamal, but there might just be a new sheriff in town.. BTW~ Doyle game him some major kudos on his write-up about the scrimmage.

Some of the guys were @ the women's volleyball game tonight doing an excellent job of cheering them on to a 3-set win in their last season in the Wells Fargo.. Next year they move on to that massive, beautiful ice-less arena down the road.. and we don't.. =sigh=

In any event... fun Autumn day on Seawolf Drive today (and this evening)..

Comment

I'm struck by the fact that Doyle is offering positive commentary and an abundance of it.

Comment

I've been one of Doyle's biggest detractors. It's been a very pleasant surprise to read his recent articles. We can only hope he keeps up the good work.
                          Hayden Trupp??? out of the scrimmage with an ankle injury. Seemed to be walking ok in street shoes. Let's get lucky and find it was only a tweak.
                          The freshman class (TJ's recruits? or at least he kept them coming this way dispite the turmoil) looked very solid.
                          The coaches sitting up with the great unwashed and turning the bench duty over to alumni. This Thomas guy seems to not only say but does the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                            I've been one of Doyle's biggest detractors. It's been a very pleasant surprise to read his recent articles. We can only hope he keeps up the good work.
                            Hayden Trupp??? out of the scrimmage with an ankle injury. Seemed to be walking ok in street shoes. Let's get lucky and find it was only a tweak.
                            The freshman class (TJ's recruits? or at least he kept them coming this way dispite the turmoil) looked very solid.
                            The coaches sitting up with the great unwashed and turning the bench duty over to alumni. This Thomas guy seems to not only say but does the right thing.
                            I agree, he seems to be reaching out the alumni, and they are responding. And I guess we are all a bunch of armchair Gretzkys!!
                            Last edited by Suze; 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

And I guess we are all a bunch of armchair Gretzkys!!
                              I would be compared as more of a finesse player in the vein of Tiger Williams.

Comment

I agree, he seems to be reaching out the alumni, and they are responding. And I guess we are all a bunch of L
                                Maybe "armchair Gretzkys" but when I see the guys firing quality shots on goal and lots of them, it reminds me of one of his quotes (if it isn't exact you still get the gist): "I can guarantee 100 % of the shots you don't take won't go in".
                                And yes that Matyas kid looked real good, Kamal looked good and Gundy not so much so. Maybe he faced more difficult shots or had an off day or whatever. I haven't lost faith in the kid. The team played well in front of him last year. Had many arguments with my seatmates last year about the Kamal/Gunderson switch off, with no definitive answer by performance. However Kamal did blank, zero out, stonewall, bagel the golden rodents 3 times in a row. He had their number. To see Matyas actually get a chance and get tossed into the mix can in my opinion be nothing but good for our team.

Comment

Working...
                                X