This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
    It’s not like they were designing a new facility from the ground up. I’m sure they tried to get the best bang for buck with $4.2m. In the grand scheme of things, I guess switching boxes and home end was the compromise. There was limited seating (all balcony) above the opposing goalie the way it was. At least now the student section (such that it is), is to the side of the opposing goalie for two periods. Maybe they will get a bit rowdier. It will be a good venue for both fans and players. The Carlson is a good muti-venue facility for a town our size. Maybe not Ralph-esque, but at least we can see through our glass.
    So where do they put the visiting team section? (i.e. where do the UAA fans sit?) Oh and put the student section next to where the visiting team comes out? Yeah that sounds smart... That first court case will be a doozy!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      So where do they put the visiting team section? (i.e. where do the UAA fans sit?) Oh and put the student section next to where the visiting team comes out? Yeah that sounds smart... That first court case will be a doozy!
      Not to worry...it's our local judges that start the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
        What's sad is that is a true statement.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Is anyone going to the Meet & Greet for the new AD tomorrow at 3:30?
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
            Listen, if UAF intends to keep their student section in the same place then they have set a powder keg ready to ignite. The problem is that the Carlson Center does not have segregated access to locker room areas. The path from the locker room to the ice goes across the floor that anyone has access to. The old set up had its problems with confrontations between visiting teams / fans and idiots. Now, lets add to that equation UAA and UAF students. And traveling UAA fans are going to want to be by the locker room and now that's by a rowdy element of fans that have well documented problems with visiting teams and fans.

tl;dr: Move the student section.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

If anything, interactions between visiting teams and unruly fans should be minimized. The old visitor entrance was a major pathway to get down to the merchandise and other booths and to enter or exit the building, the new visitor entrance hardly has any foot traffic. Yes, it's technically "open" but just block off the entrance and you should be good. At the other side, they'd block off the access to the stands when the teams were entering or exiting, but the area by the booths was wide open with lots of people there.

You may have a point with the student section and visiting fans, but I imagine something could be worked out. What about have visiting fans sit across the ice? Isn't that how it's done in Anchorage? I thought what appeared to be the student section was on the visiting penalty box side of the ice, with the "visiting area" if you want to call it that, on the visiting player bench side. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I was at the Sully, but that's what I remember anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Listen, if UAF intends to keep their student section in the same place then they have set a powder keg ready to ignite. The problem is that the Carlson Center does not have segregated access to locker room areas. The path from the locker room to the ice goes across the floor that anyone has access to. The old set up had its problems with confrontations between visiting teams / fans and idiots. Now, lets add to that equation UAA and UAF students. And traveling UAA fans are going to want to be by the locker room and now that's by a rowdy element of fans that have well documented problems with visiting teams and fans.

tl;dr: Move the student section.
                Leave them there It will be huge ......... it will good for at least 2 penalty’s , 3-4 stoppages of play for litter and 1/2 dozen arrest a game. We will have 3 options to watch the game …live…. GCI Cable or the Alaska State Troopers show.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Met the AD and his wife at the volleyball game last night-still might go again today for the meet and greet. First impression is they are very nice people. They were there for the whole game. Also picked up my four season tickets at the Sully. Went and checked to see what was happening inside and they were starting to put up the boards. Next step, ice. Hockey, hockey, hockey. Yay!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    ...... We will have 3 options to watch the game …live…. GCI Cable or the Alaska State Troopers show.
                    LOL....comic gold right there.
                    If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
                      Met the AD and his wife at the volleyball game last night-still might go again today for the meet and greet. First impression is they are very nice people. They were there for the whole game. Also picked up my four season tickets at the Sully. Went and checked to see what was happening inside and they were starting to put up the boards. Next step, ice. Hockey, hockey, hockey. Yay!!!!!
                      I heard the boards, along with the glass, are projected to be replaced some time in 2014. Most likely during the summer. Well, I shouldn't say will be replaced, but improvements on the 80's buildings in town will be worked on starting in 2014. Everyone needs to let the muni know we want new glass sooner rather than later!
                      Last edited by Suze; 09-20-2013, 12:56 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Leave them there It will be huge ......... it will good for at least 2 penalty’s , 3-4 stoppages of play for litter and 1/2 dozen arrest a game. We will have 3 options to watch the game …live…. GCI Cable or the Alaska State Troopers show.
                        Haha
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Well played sir...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                            They pressure washing those lawn chairs before the season starts?
                            Too funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              I heard the boards, along with the glass, are projected to be replaced some time in 2014. Most likely during the summer. Well, I shouldn't say will be replaced, but improvements on the 80's buildings in town will be worked on starting in 2014. Everyone needs to let the muni know we want new glass sooner rather than later!
                              OK, I just saw on KTUU that they released money to update Sullivan arena. And the news said specifically for Glass at the Sullivan Arena! So, hopefully, we will have new glass by start of season!

http://www.ktuu.com/news/anchorage-h...0,290456.story

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                                OK, I just saw on KTUU that they released money to update Sullivan arena. And the news said specifically for Glass at the Sullivan Arena! So, hopefully, we will have new glass by start of season!

http://www.ktuu.com/news/anchorage-h...0,290456.story
                                Yup, but no dates were mentioned. I was told by the mini that these upgrades will happen in 2014, she said she should know by October when the Sully is scheduled for upgrades and will let me know, but it won't be for this season, unfortunately.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X