PDA

View Full Version : UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

UAA08
09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
I am buoyed by the current weather. It snowed there yesterday and here it is a perfect 70 degrees and beautiful clear sunny skies.

Yep, we had 1 day of fall.

Suze
09-24-2013, 07:00 PM
I am buoyed by the current weather. It snowed there yesterday and here it is a perfect 70 degrees and beautiful clear sunny skies.

You wore shorts all winter, I thought you were impervious to the cold!! Take care you don't get shot when you are out riding your bike, okay? ;)

Alaska Hockey
09-25-2013, 01:17 AM
You wore shorts all winter, I thought you were impervious to the cold!!
It gets that nice damp cold in chi town I have been there, and the concrete berms during a
blizzard. Road trip with me you better have some flexibility on the return.

Take care you don't get shot when you are out riding your bike, okay? ;)
They would have to lead him by a yard may..... Yard and a half..... The old guy can peddle.

malainse
09-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Picked 9th. UA_ 3rd.

http://www.adn.com/2013/09/24/3092540/uaa-picked-9th-uaf-3rd-in-wcha.html

Suze
09-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Picked 9th. UA_ 3rd.

http://www.adn.com/2013/09/24/3092540/uaa-picked-9th-uaf-3rd-in-wcha.html

Even Doyle admits this is a meaningless poll.

goldy_331
09-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Even Doyle admits this is a meaningless poll.

As opposed to all of the "meaningful" polls in the preseason.

4four4
09-25-2013, 01:42 PM
We didn't get snow in Palmer, ;) But the mountains out our front window are amazing!!

*zing*

Ah, the Alaskan mountains you can't beat it.

Wondering
09-25-2013, 01:56 PM
I'd always wondered why there was so much criticism about Doyle's coverage of UAA hockey, since I think he's a good writer. But after reading that he watches "at most" one period of any away game, you have my sympathy.* Hopefully a new blogger will step up to give you more coverage. We've really benefitted from the Nanooks Hockey Blog, which tends to delve a little deeper than the News-Miner articles.

*I realize that Doyle's editors have the final say in how he allocates his time.

Suze
09-25-2013, 04:14 PM
I'd always wondered why there was so much criticism about Doyle's coverage of UAA hockey, since I think he's a good writer. But after reading that he watches "at most" one period of any away game, you have my sympathy.* Hopefully a new blogger will step up to give you more coverage. We've really benefitted from the Nanooks Hockey Blog, which tends to delve a little deeper than the News-Miner articles.

*I realize that Doyle's editors have the final say in how he allocates his time.

And Danny Martin is much kinder in his coverage of UA_ than Doyle is of UAA.

uaafanblog
09-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Danny Martin is gone. Doyle has been crappy to the Seawolves because he decided to be crappy to them after UAA limited his access for being crappy to them more than several years ago.

He could have chosen to write positively about them. It not hard to do, I wrote positively during some pretty rough stretches just as most of the regular beat writers do around the league.

Doyle was being a ***** because he could.

AKSWF
09-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Only $150 to watch all of our league games?! I wonder if that means you could watch our home games live if you cannot attend a game. Will GCI be able to broadcast all our away games?

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=209267280

AKSWF
09-25-2013, 05:12 PM
I could care less why he's writing good things as long as he doesn't write negative things.
Why bait him AKSWF?
Leave good enough alone.

Because I know this isn't going to last. And honestly as immature as it is, whenever I get the chance to ridicule or slander Doyle, I do. I go to UAA so don't I have some right to slander him if he slander's my school and favorite hockey team? Especially since he's being doing it for so long, I know I shouldn't stoop to his level but deep inside us all is the 12 year old Jim Rome ready to rip people a new one.

Suze
09-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Danny Martin is gone. Doyle has been crappy to the Seawolves because he decided to be crappy to them after UAA limited his access for being crappy to them more than several years ago.

He could have chosen to write positively about them. It not hard to do, I wrote positively during some pretty rough stretches just as most of the regular beat writers do around the league.

Doyle was being a ***** because he could.

What do you mean Danny Martin is gone? He's still writing about UA_ hockey. As for Doyle, he was crappy about UAA even before the Aces. It's been going on for YEARS, and I don't understand his problem, other than he thinks negativity sells.

Wondering
09-26-2013, 11:29 AM
What do you mean Danny Martin is gone? He's still writing about UA_ hockey. As for Doyle, he was crappy about UAA even before the Aces. It's been going on for YEARS, and I don't understand his problem, other than he thinks negativity sells.

Danny Martin is now the sports editor for the FNM. It looks like a new guy, Tim O'Donnell, will be taking over a lot of the hockey coverage.

SAEMike
09-26-2013, 01:35 PM
So now I can't sit in the balcony above row 7, where I've always sat and where you can actually see the entire ice thanks to those giant sheets of glass that they put around the ice. (And those horrible nets) And now that there are no general admission seats, so you can't get into the arena for less than $23 a game. How is this going to help increase attendance?

Wolfman
09-26-2013, 02:14 PM
So now I can't sit in the balcony above row 7, where I've always sat and where you can actually see the entire ice thanks to those giant sheets of glass that they put around the ice. (And those horrible nets) And now that there are no general admission seats, so you can't get into the arena for less than $23 a game. How is this going to help increase attendance?

Actually, that is a good point.

Squarebanks
09-26-2013, 03:31 PM

Curious if these curtains will go away for the Gov Cup games, since they are always well attended.

camilo
09-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Curious if these curtains will go away for the Gov Cup games, since they are always well attended.

Is that cup a special series (like when they were in different leagues) or will it be over the season?

Jimjamesak
09-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Is that cup a special series (like when they were in different leagues) or will it be over the season?
It'll be all 4 games between the teams.

Suze
09-26-2013, 09:52 PM

General admission tickets will be the same price as last season. The article posted on the UAA website it reads:

All Seawolf Hockey single-game tickets ($13.25 lower mezzanine/$18.50 upper mezzanine) are currently on sale at the Sullivan Arena box office. What was formerly sold as general-admission (upper balcony), single-game tickets for the 2013-14 season now will be sold as lower-mezzanine (yellow seats) reserved seating, while maintaining the previous GA price level.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2013/09/26/3096111/uaa-to-close-most-of-the-balconies.html#storylink=cpy

Alaska Aces tickets are $17.00.

As for what happens during the Gov Cup series, it says:

The former GA seating area in the Sullivan Arena upper balcony will now be closed, unless attendance should exceed lower-bowl capacity.

Look, something HAD to be done. The fans were so spread out in the arena that the atmosphere was horrible, and I'm sure it wasn't very much fun for the players either. I hope the student tickets have seat numbers that lead them to the student section, because in the past many of the students refused to sit there. Will this new seating reconfiguration work? They won't know if they don't try it, and the atmosphere can't be any worse than it has been the past few years.