This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    All people entering the Sully will be assigned to the yellow seats this year.
    There will still be general admission prices however a seat will be assigned in the yellow seats no matter what ticket price you pay.
    No seating above the walkway. There will be an exception to this in one small section at the red line, North side, reserved for big shots.
    Not sure how it will work if the Anchorage Youth Academy is invited.
    And if you just take a seat up above will you be asked to move?
    Trying something else new. Some will be pleased with this and some not so pleased.
    That is pretty lame. The best sight-lines in the arena are in the balcony. What about season ticket holders in the balcony? Are they getting re-routed? Or did we not sell any season tickets in the balcony?
    _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
    No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
      That is pretty lame. The best sight-lines in the arena are in the balcony. What about season ticket holders in the balcony? Are they getting re-routed? Or did we not sell any season tickets in the balcony?
      We sat in the balcony for about 17 of the 23 years we had tickets. I loved it there, and there is a ton of leg room where we sat (row 2). However, I think this is a good thing, at least until attendance picks up. If you have ever been to the Guns & Hoses games, this is what they do. They rope off the balcony and don't let anyone sit there unless the lower bowl is full. Even though most of the balcony is empty for their games, it LOOKS full and makes for a much better overall atmosphere. Hopefully when the team won't be looking at a ton of empty seats because there will be larger sections that are full. I will miss sitting in the balcony, but I think this is a smart move for better atmosphere! The only time I can see this as a problem is when we play UA_.
      Last edited by Suze; 09-18-2013, 10:59 AM.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
        We sat in the balcony for about 17 of the 23 years we had tickets. I loved it there, and there is a ton of leg room where we sat (row 2). However, I think this is a good thing, at least until attendance picks up. If you have ever been to the Guns & Hoses games, this is what they do. They rope off the balcony and don't let anyone sit there unless the lower bowl is full. Even though most of the balcony is empty for their games, it LOOKS full and makes for a much better overall atmosphere. Hopefully when the team won't be looking at a ton of empty seats because there will be larger sections that are full. I will miss sitting in the balcony, but I think this is a smart move for better atmosphere! The only time I can see this as a problem is when we play UA_.
        It only looks full on tv. If you put everybody in the lower section then you just have a ton of empty seats in the balcony. I understand the workings behind it and I don't think it'll be a big deal, but to think "it makes it look full!" is just dumb. We'll see if it helps things though.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          All people entering the Sully will be assigned to the yellow seats this year.
          There will still be general admission prices however a seat will be assigned in the yellow seats no matter what ticket price you pay.
          No seating above the walkway. There will be an exception to this in one small section at the red line, North side, reserved for big shots.
          Not sure how it will work if the Anchorage Youth Academy is invited.
          And if you just take a seat up above will you be asked to move?
          Trying something else new. Some will be pleased with this and some not so pleased.
          They pressure washing those lawn chairs before the season starts? And won't every patron in the arena now be subject to looking thru that excuse for glass we have? You would think at a minimum we could hire someone to come and polish it before we get started, if we are not going to replace it.
          Good luck to Matt and the boys this season.....lets get it on!
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            It only looks full on tv. If you put everybody in the lower section then you just have a ton of empty seats in the balcony. I understand the workings behind it and I don't think it'll be a big deal, but to think "it makes it look full!" is just dumb. We'll see if it helps things though.
            JJ, have you been to any of the Guns and Hoses games? When the lower bowl is PACKED, the arena does tend to look "full". A sea of people is what you see. As it is now, everyone is sprinkled out all over the place. People are way up in the nosebleed section when there are a ton of empty seats everywhere else down lower. It will make it look like there are more fans there when everyone is concentrated in the lower bowl, and it will definitely look better on TV. AND, this may force the students to sit in the student section because they like to sit in the balcony too. I wonder where the players will sit who aren't playing? They liked that one spot in the balcony.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
              They pressure washing those lawn chairs before the season starts? And won't every patron in the arena now be subject to looking thru that excuse for glass we have? You would think at a minimum we could hire someone to come and polish it before we get started, if we are not going to replace it.
              Good luck to Matt and the boys this season.....lets get it on!
              I think the issue of the glass is why UAA hasn't done this sooner. I bugged the mayors office to death about that glass, as well as the contract administrator for the municipality. Everyone needs to give Mayor Dan Sullivan's office a call!
              Last edited by Suze; 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I think the issue of the glass is why UAA hasn't done this sooner. I bugged the mayors office to death about that glass, as well as the contract administrator for the municipality. Everyone needs to give Mayor Dan Sullivan's office a call!
                Or, you know, not reelect union hating, tennis loving, cheapskates.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

JJ, have you been to any of the Guns and Hoses games? When the lower bowl is PACKED, the arena does tend to look "full". A sea of people is what you see. As it is now, everyone is sprinkled out all over the place. People are way up in the nosebleed section when there are a ton of empty seats everywhere else down lower. It will make it look like there are more fans there when everyone is concentrated in the lower bowl, and it will definitely look better on TV. AND, this may force the students to sit in the student section because they like to sit in the balcony too. I wonder where the players will sit who aren't playing? They liked that one spot in the balcony.
                  It looks full until you look slightly up and go "oh yeah..." I get what you're saying but just forcing everyone into the lower bowl won't be a magical cure all.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                    the bacony is closed except for the 6 rows of season ticket holder area on the north side. they will open more seats when ticket sales show that more room is needed. so you will sit in seat assigned or get rousted by the seat holder about the time the puck drops.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      The only reason the Chuckie Cheese center in the village's glass got replaced is because smg and everybody before that "managed” the place is because they had two different rules one for the sully and one that they never imposed up north until last year. ...... no banged on the glass and are they miffed up north because after 25 years the students and the dump bear mascots beat the glass so much they destroyed the brackets and had be replace glass and holding brackets and in true village tradition. ...... Had somebody else pay for it. So the state forked over the replacement money. But on the bright side they are replacing 1,000 folding chairs at the sully that are the same ones since day one.
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Random question: How do I get a game worn jersey? Do you guys do an end-of-season dinner with silent auction? Do I call the equipment manager? My wife's UAA sweatshirt from our one (and only) trip to Alaska is worn thin, and I want to get her something special. Bonus I could wear it too. Crazy prices?

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
                          Random question: How do I get a game worn jersey? Do you guys do an end-of-season dinner with silent auction? Do I call the equipment manager? My wife's UAA sweatshirt from our one (and only) trip to Alaska is worn thin, and I want to get her something special. Bonus I could wear it too. Crazy prices?
                          They have jersey raffles during the games for previous years game worn jerseys. They also have one or two auctions during the season. We have 4 of them, two from auctions (they went for around $350-$400 each), one I had for years that they sold at the little store at the Sully and one I got on ebay.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the arena seating, I just renewed our tickets and was able to get into the balcony. There is more leg room up there and I really need that due to a condition I have with my legs.

Edit: Ebay has a jersey for sale right now. Ironically they don't ship to Alaska.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alaska-Ancho...item460a4d2317

You can also shop at the Seawolf store:

http://www.goseawolves.com/sell/Sell...B_OEM_ID=13400
                          Last edited by Suze; 09-18-2013, 03:35 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            ...and in true village tradition. ...... Had somebody else pay for it. So the state forked over the replacement money.
                            Hey, don’t knock us or other “villagers.” We do all we can to support your marque sport. We were all willing to let Dr. Cobb fly us into the big city on UAA’s dime to watch a DII basketball game (and do a little bit of shopping on the side). Marketing genius at its best. Too bad the new $110m basketball complex wasn’t finished yet, but I’m sure with all the car washes and bake sales that UAA was putting on to fund that thing that it was a little behind schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Hey, don’t knock us or other “villagers.” We do all we can to support your marque sport. We were all willing to let Dr. Cobb fly us into the big city on UAA’s dime to watch a DII basketball game (and do a little bit of shopping on the side). Marketing genius at its best. Too bad the new $110m basketball complex wasn’t finished yet, but I’m sure with all the car washes and bake sales that UAA was putting on to fund that thing that it was a little behind schedule.
                              That was YOUR money too ... it came from the legislature!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
                                email me I know somebody who might be able to help you. Not cheap but game worn.

Comment

Working...
                                X