X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA seawolves thread 2013-2014 the old has gone the new has come

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    So why give them up when you move out further?
    Because when we lived in Eagle River we made EVERY game, even when the weather was bad. You know those nights when the arena was even emptier because of icy roads or a snow storm? Yup, we were there. However, it's not just up to me. I have a spouse, and he really prefers not to make that kind of drive when we are talking about twice the distance. He could not justify spending $1000 when we didn't know if we would make it to every game. I don't care what you guys think, and I don't have to justify myself to you. I didn't see you at the Meet & Greet today JJ, does that mean you're not a fan?

Have either of you guys paid to have color copies of the Green and Gold promotions made? Have you gone from business to business asking if they were willing to post those promotions in their store windows or on their bulletin boards? Nuff said.
    Last edited by Suze; 09-15-2013, 10:50 PM. Reason: mistake
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Thompson had a pretty good run at _af. He is a great addition to our team. A very personable and standup guy. The first real goalie coach Gundy and Kamal have had. Unfortunate for them they couldn't have 4 years with him. Wait till he gets his hands on the new recruit. Speaking of that the goalie and 17 year old recruits are the result of Josh's work. The man has a real eye for talent. The freshmen this year are the result of TJ's work. Matt has put together an outstanding coaching staff. What did it take him to turn Stockton around? Half a season?
      I'm stoked!!!!!
      That was the feeling at the Meet & Greet today ... everyone is stoked. And Haider is giving up radio and will be the sports guy for channel 11, way to go Kurt! Of course he will still be the voice of the Seawolves. Is David Tuttle still with channel 13?

Scott Johnson was a volunteer goalie coach. I don't see Thompsons name on the UAA website. Does he have a paid position?
      Last edited by Suze; 09-15-2013, 11:54 PM.
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
        Such a true statement from a bandwagon fan. I know folks who make that trek every weekend for games.
        You really owe me an apology, or else you have no idea what the term bandwagon fan means. We stuck with UAA hockey for 23 losing seasons!! We are still fans, and we will still be at the games with friends in tow. Just because we don't have season tickets does not mean we won't be there supporting the team.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
          You really owe me an apology, or else you have no idea what the term bandwagon fan means. We stuck with UAA hockey for 23 losing seasons!! We are still fans, and we will still be at the games with friends in tow. Just because we don't have season tickets does not mean we won't be there supporting the team.
          Enough with the bickering!
          Who cares who the biggest Seawolf fan is?
          I've had my differences with most everybody on this site and done my share of the bickering.
          That was off-season (yeah we're still a few days from the season) and the turmoil of change.
          Now the coaching staff, support staff, administration and team are set.
          Everyone is excited to get started playing, supporting and watching hockey.
          Some "fans" will make every game, some"fans" most games and a few "fans" just a game or two.
          I'm pretty sure this is how it goes with every team in every sport.
          Unless someone is an elitist and pretty smug about themselves, who cares who the biggest fan is?
          Hopefully we're going to have a whole bunch of new "fans" joining us this year and in the years to come.
          Someone who looks down on these "newby fans" isn't helping to promote Seawolf Hockey.
          It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Enough with the bickering!
            Who cares who the biggest Seawolf fan is?
            I've had my differences with most everybody on this site and done my share of the bickering.
            That was off-season (yeah we're still a few days from the season) and the turmoil of change.
            Now the coaching staff, support staff, administration and team are set.
            Everyone is excited to get started playing, supporting and watching hockey.
            Some "fans" will make every game, some"fans" most games and a few "fans" just a game or two.
            I'm pretty sure this is how it goes with every team in every sport.
            Unless someone is an elitist and pretty smug about themselves, who cares who the biggest fan is?
            Hopefully we're going to have a whole bunch of new "fans" joining us this year and in the years to come.
            Someone who looks down on these "newby fans" isn't helping to promote Seawolf Hockey.
            It's a great day to be a Seawolf!
            Agreed! And based on the attendance I saw yesterday, I do think we will have more fans in the seats this season.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

For those who want a little more background on Matt Thomas: Stockton Youtube Bio
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Agreed! And based on the attendance I saw yesterday, I do think we will have more fans in the seats this season.
                More little potential Seawolves than Alums at the meet and greet, I presume their golf excursion just tuckered them out so bad they couldn’t show up.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  More little potential Seawolves than Alums at the meet and greet, I presume their golf excursion just tuckered them out so bad they couldn’t show up.
                  I don't recall ever seeing many alums at the Meet & Greet?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    For those who want a little more background on Matt Thomas: Stockton Youtube Bio
                    Thanks for the link, that was interesting. Sure sounds like he does a lot of work to make sure his teams are ready for their opponents!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

tickets go on sale on the 21st of Sep

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Thanks for the link, that was interesting. Sure sounds like he does a lot of work to make sure his teams are ready for their opponents!
                        No problemo, it shows that he was pretty busy but his teams still did pretty good. With his assistants taking some of the load, he should be able to game plan more. Also, I hope to see more balanced practices, the one week I saw TJ lead practices, we ended up scoring ten goals in one weekend against CC.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          No problemo, it shows that he was pretty busy but his teams still did pretty good. With his assistants taking some of the load, he should be able to game plan more. Also, I hope to see more balanced practices, the one week I saw TJ lead practices, we ended up scoring ten goals in one weekend against CC.
                          That's how I took the video too. He was so busy as the head coach and GM that he didn't have the time to plan and scout the opponent that he would have liked. Now he should have more time for those things. UA_ is going DOWN!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UA_ is going DOWN!
                            is ?....... has been since 1977
                            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 09-17-2013, 06:38 PM.
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

I don't recall ever seeing many alums at the Meet & Greet?
                              Or the fat guy, or the leader of 10,000.
                              It will be unchanged for the meet and greet for the new AD. Yapper’s do what they are unsurpassed at........ Yapping

Comment

All people entering the Sully will be assigned to the yellow seats this year.
                                There will still be general admission prices however a seat will be assigned in the yellow seats no matter what ticket price you pay.
                                No seating above the walkway. There will be an exception to this in one small section at the red line, North side, reserved for big shots.
                                Not sure how it will work if the Anchorage Youth Academy is invited.
                                And if you just take a seat up above will you be asked to move?
                                Trying something else new. Some will be pleased with this and some not so pleased.

Comment

Working...
                                X