X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2013-14

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    Can't understand why SLU has hit the skids
    It begins with a "d." Or rather, it doesn't. Judging by the game at Lynah, as good as the Saints are on offense, their defense is at least twice that bad. We left 3 additional goals off the scoreboard that they handed to us, not including the inevitably missed penalty shot (0-for-10 over the last 27 years and counting). It was frustrating to catch SLU looking so atypically horrendous and not pick up the win. Although the game was atrociously officiated that's no excuse since the bad calls and non-calls went both ways.

I hadn't seen either Carey in person before. Greg is amazing -- one of the best offensive players I've seen in a long time. Matt is... um... Matt has a temper problem. Or perhaps a distemper problem. But he does do an incredible amount of work. Not sure if SLU keeps TOI but I swear he was double shifted for most of the game.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We finally are ranked at #18.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Actually, there is a discussion about Colgate hockey that can be wrought from it. The incident made the Post-Standard here, but I don't think I've ever seen a story in there about Colgate, or even your travel partners. What gives? Is it because the Observer-Dispatch is your main coverage?
        The Standard mainly covers SU hoops and basketball as they are clearly the most important to the majority of readers who care about college sports. College hockey is too small for them to give much coverage to. They don't do anything for Cornell usually and they are very close distance wise from cuse compared with to Colgate. Besides that they do the national coverage and a lot of local high school material.

Comment

Ithaca is about sixty miles from Syracuse and Hamilton is about fourty five miles from Syracuse.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

And how far is union and rpi from syracuse respectfully? So the fact that they think coaches and players acting like two year olds is newsworthy shows its priorities.

To be honest i dont care if the post standard covers college hockey. Yea it would be nice but you can get better and more knowlegable coverage on uscho or college hockey news. The problem is that they will cover college hockey when coaches and players act like two year olds and finds it boring otherwise. Either cover it or not, dont cherry pick the coverage

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              We finally are ranked at #18.
              And 15th in the PWR. It's all good
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                And 15th in the PWR. It's all good
                And that's all that matters

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                  And that's all that matters
                  Yup but I'd hope to get in the 12-13 range when its all said and done if I'm Colgate in case there are a few upsets in conference tournaments.
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

The Post does a nice job covering Colgate football and some decent stories on lacrosse, too.
                    Starting to get a target on our backs!!! Some great teams lie ahead...maybe playing home at Starr will serve us well these next few weeks. Student turnout has been a great, welcomed surprise.
                    Keep it up, 'Gate! Pulling for you.
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                      Yup but I'd hope to get in the 12-13 range when its all said and done if I'm Colgate in case there are a few upsets in conference tournaments.
                      This is a long way from here but definitley agree, 15th is way too risky, 12 or even 13 is a lot safer. At least the AHA doesnt have anybody near the top in pairwise so we won't have two teams like happened last year when niagara was upset and both canisus and niagara got in after canisus won their tourney. Personally I think the AHA winner should have to be ranked higher than 30 in the pairwise to get in just because their are only 59 teams in college hockey and only 16 get in. There are always a couple of really good teams (that are nationally ranked) that get left out which is strange to me. Who knows who else could sneak in if they play well, the nchc only has 2 teams in as of now and the wcha only has Ferris St.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                        This is a long way from here but definitley agree, 15th is way too risky, 12 or even 13 is a lot safer. At least the AHA doesnt have anybody near the top in pairwise so we won't have two teams like happened last year when niagara was upset and both canisus and niagara got in after canisus won their tourney.
                        The other advantage over years past is the ECAC is good enough that the home stretch and conference playoffs not only won't you, it will help. Not only will the ECAC champion more likely than not be good enough for an at large anyway, but rolling up more games against the conference top tier will improve SOS unless something very bad happens.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                          Check out the Union-RPI brawl if you haven't seen it, posted on several threads. At least our games don't end like that. I have to question why Bennett only got a 2-game suspension after what I saw. More like 3-4 would have been appropriate IMHO. But this is a topic for another thread...sorry. I just can't help myself
                          After reviewing videos of the brawl, and reading various other threads, I've changed my mind. Why didn't the Union coach get thrown out for the rest of the season? Since when do you punch a player on the opposing team - to say nothing about going after their coach - and you are allowed to hang around? Even Woody Hayes was fired after punching that Clemson player from the sidelines. The ECAC should have come down harder IMHO. I'm surprised the intelligensia at Union also didn't give an appropriate punishment. But I digress....
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I just found out that Brown will be without junior forward Massio Lamacchia this Friday, who received a game disqualification for slew footing (never heard of that penalty before). Still, that doesn't mean we should take the Bears lightly. They are not the perennial bottom-feeders that they were in the mid to late 2000s. Their top three scorers are Matt Lorito, Mark Naclerio, and Nick Lappin, and they all play on the same line. Shutting that line down should be a priority.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

I keep seeing that we are 5-5-2 against ranked opponents. Can somebody explain that to me? Does that mean teams we have played that are now ranked? Or ranked when we played them?

I have us at 6 win if it's currently ranked (ferris x 2, clarkson x2, Vermont, and union)

I also have us at 6 if it's ranked when we played them ( clarkson x2, Vermont, union, ferris, st. Lawrence)

Where am I going wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
                                I keep seeing that we are 5-5-2 against ranked opponents. Can somebody explain that to me? Does that mean teams we have played that are now ranked? Or ranked when we played them?

I have us at 6 win if it's currently ranked (ferris x 2, clarkson x2, Vermont, and union)

I also have us at 6 if it's ranked when we played them ( clarkson x2, Vermont, union, ferris, st. Lawrence)

Where am I going wrong?
                                Usually goes by if they were ranked at time of the game.
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X