Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win! Congrats to the team and coaches. Saw the sunday game they won vs Ferris St. Probably a much better team now although so is Colgate. Early tough schedule definitely played in this huge upset tonight.

Comment

• Re: Colgate 2013-14

I thought the big ice suited our style well tonight. We looked quick and seemed able to avoid what might have been turnovers on a smaller rink. Could be fun tomorrow!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, before the first matchup, neither team had even held a practice per NCAA rules.
        "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
        - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
        CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Cant complain about a tie, but still looking for the Kulivich penalty. Go get 'em tomorrow and it is great to break up the all hyped 1-2 match up. oops
          Last edited by red133883; 01-03-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

With wins over the #2, #5 and #11 (USCHO) teams (and now with a tie with #1) and a SOS of #6 you would think you would have gotten a little more respect.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

With the game against Minnesota our SOS (according to KRACH) is #1 and would seemingly solidify with the game tomorrow win or lose. If that game doesnt energize the team and fan base nothing will

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                With the game against Minnesota our SOS (according to KRACH) is #1 and would seemingly solidify with the game tomorrow win or lose. If that game doesnt energize the team and fan base nothing will
                You are right !!! I stand corrected. Your SOS (KRACH) is #1.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Watched on Fox central last night... great game by Colgate. Very fast and fun to watch. Doesn't get any better than the racehorse hockey on the big ice in OT. Congrats to DV and the team. Makes a 'gate grad proud... especially watching the MN announcers and fans in disbelief!!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Man View Post
                    Watched on Fox central last night... great game by Colgate. Very fast and fun to watch. Doesn't get any better than the racehorse hockey on the big ice in OT. Congrats to DV and the team. Makes a 'gate grad proud... especially watching the MN announcers and fans in disbelief!!
                    the OT was awesome. I enjoyed watching and rooting for your team. The schedule gets easier in the second half because it couldn't get any harder, wowzers! i just checked your schedule because i didn't understand how you are 7-9-3 , now i see why............but the two losses to UMass??
                    Last edited by sterlippo1; 01-04-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

After the first five minutes, where Finn was unreal with eight saves, we went head to head with Minn. I thought we got stronger as the game went on taking a 2-1 lead into the third forcing Minny to tie us on a PP shot that just trickled thru Finn. We had chances to win in OT outshooting Minn 4-0.

Finn is starting to show why he had such high expectations by everyone, the whole team played well. We need to find some consistency. When this young team is firing on all cylinders we can skate with the best of them, we've shown it. Congrats on a great win, beating #1 and #2 on consecutive nights would be surreal. Go Raiders !
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Well, that was a good start to the 2nd half the season. We held our own against the #1 team in the nation, now we get to play the #2 team in the nation! Now if we can go on some kind of run here...
                          Colgate '09

Comment

Nice game last night. Your squad came to play and deserved to move on. Good luck tonight & the rest of the way.
                            You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Congrats! Watched parts of the game --- Finn looked like he had a strong game. Interesting match up tonight from the standpoint of seeing how each team has progressed since the early season meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                I like the spirit and there are times and places where MN would be vulnerable. But this is not the place and this is not the time.

This year's Gopher team does not play soft games. Our team will lose in a game that's a trap...but that opponent will need to be a western team as they're experts at designing systems to counter us. I do wish you the best of luck and a good game, but Colgate will not win tonight.
                                Nothing like a good sh** sandwich to go along with that cocky attitude!!

Nice win 'Gate!!
                                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X