This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2013-14

Very quiet around here the past few days ... I guess we're all waiting for the axe to fall.

In other news, Jesse Winchester is now with the Florida Panthers. He scored Florida's lone goal last night in a 4-1 loss to the Bruins. He also got away with what should have been an elbowing penalty and also got in a fight with Gregory Campbell of the Bruins.
    Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
      Very quiet around here the past few days ... I guess we're all waiting for the axe to fall.

In other news, Jesse Winchester is now with the Florida Panthers. He scored Florida's lone goal last night in a 4-1 loss to the Bruins. He also got away with what should have been an elbowing penalty and also got in a fight with Gregory Campbell of the Bruins.
      He may not have gotten away with it. I believe he has a meeting with Brendan Shannahan.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

We should be happy with a point this weekend, not a great road team and we are playing two very solid teams. Hopefully we can show up tonight.

Comment

Your line chart tonight at Union:

Last edited by rdf8585; 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
            We should be happy with a point this weekend, not a great road team and we are playing two very solid teams. Hopefully we can show up tonight.
            I hate posts like this ! Yes, we're three and five, but three losses were against #3 in the nation and #5 in the nation. A fourth was to Ferris who's ranked also. Yes, we may lose two this weekend but we also could win two with sixty minutes of hockey each night. We beat Union last year and lost to RPI 2-1 and 3-2 in OT. We will put some games together at some point. Be nice if it started now. I bet Finn starts.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Take that naysayers. We dominated after being down 2-0 very early in the game. I suppose their will be some "good" posts now !!!

Comment

Some postgame videos I have from your 5-3 win at Union...

Vaughan and Darcy Murphy (hat trick) - http://youtu.be/dMda8cfqUpg

Union head coach Rick Bennett (not a happy camper) - http://t.co/UyXDOtOppm

Union's Daniel Carr (2 goals) - http://t.co/sWe3iAUlQu

Comment

True fact: I thought about making the drive out to Schenectady to see tonight's game. But other commitments and a sense of doubt in my mind kept me at home. Lo and behold, we defeat Union, on the road, for the first time since that playoff series in March 2011. (Side note: until tonight, our last regular season win in Schenectady was back in February 2007.) I regret not seeing the game but I will happily trade that for a win.

It won't get any easier tomorrow night. RPI coughed a late 3rd-period lead to Cornell and had to settle for a tie. They are also without their primary goalie Jason Kasdorf. However, the backup (Scott Diebold) is just as talented, and I remember him standing on his head and stealing a game against 'Gate back in February 2012.

Also of note, tonight was our first road win against an ECAC opponent since February 4, 2012 -- against RPI.
                  Colgate '09

Comment

Amazing.....wish I had been there.
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Union coach Bennett says they were "taken out to the woodshed and Colgate would have won if Wayne Gretzky had played for Union" . I'm a little confused about Murphy's hat trick. It was never mentioned and the scoresheet says Tylor Spink got the open netter ? Well, we're getting better, we played "fifty three" minutes last night, and we dominated the third outshooting them 13 to 5. Very happy this am. Now play sixty minutes tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        I'm a little confused about Murphy's hat trick. It was never mentioned and the scoresheet says Tylor Spink got the open netter ?
                        Very frequently, goals can be awarded to different players after the fact. It appears that the empty-net goal which sealed our victory was initially awarded to Darcy Murphy, giving him the hat trick, but then it was reviewed and changed to Tylor Spink.

This commonly happens on slap-shot goals, where a replay indicates that a player very close to the net redirects/deflects the puck to go in. But I've never seen a scoring change on an empty-net goal before.
                        Colgate '09

Comment

Gate Radio initially said Tylor Spink. Our RPI jumped over .500 to a TUC now, our SOS is #15 and will be even higher after tonight.

Comment

Shabby, you do know that starting this season, "records vs. TUC" will no longer be used in calculating the PWR. Instead, you get a "Quality Wins Bonus", and the RPI is now weighted to account for home/road games.

Source: http://www.uscho.com/2013/09/20/road...tion-criteria/
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Yes, and last night's game is a "quality" win on the road.

Comment

couldn't be happier as well...I guess you could call me a "naysayer" or at least a cynic...please, continue to make me look dead wrong...it would please me to no end...sophomore class continues to impress and maybe, just maybe, we'll see our frosh improve...as I mentioned in my last post, love Murphy's energy and skill level...he was going to come here this year, but when Wagner left for the pros he was accelerated by a year...and one continuing wish: no serious injuries on the "D"...good night: even the hoops team played Wake very tough...

Comment

Working...
                                X