X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Doc it really isn't the case -- with today's oversized keeper gear, a kid can be "big" even if he isn't naturally. Ryan Miller is an 8+ yr. NHL vet and he's listed at 6'2 175 - and my bet is that he doesn't weigh that much. Also, Allen York was about 170lbs. when Appert signed him, if memory serves.
    Spot on. 6' 4" 170lb according to Heisenberg. https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...0WjNrRmc&gid=1
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Appert doesn't recruit backups-- especially travelling all the way to BC to sign one. He clearly sees something in the kid...how 'bout giving him time to develop before you write him? Apparently you've forgotten that Kasdorf struggled a bit in Jr.s
      Kasdorf's team in the USHL also didn't understand the concept of defence. If he's a rookie, so be it, time to develop. I took a look at the rest of the team's stats before writing that, FWIW. Of course, there's plenty the sheet doesn't say, so obviously something is seen.

Comment

Appert doesn't recruit backups-- especially travelling all the way to BC to sign one. He clearly sees something in the kid...how 'bout giving him time to develop before you write him? Apparently you've forgotten that Kasdorf struggled a bit in Jr.s
        Agree 100%. I have a feeling that if Kasdorf has a great year he will sign. I hope SA gives the new goalie and Diebold some playing time especially in the ooc games early.I think it is crucial to know for sure what we have for tenders in the event he does bolt.Who knows maybe kassy and coach have already had this conversation.

Comment

Doc it really isn't the case -- with today's oversized keeper gear, a kid can be "big" even if he isn't naturally. Ryan Miller is an 8+ yr. NHL vet and he's listed at 6'2 175 - and my bet is that he doesn't weigh that much. Also, Allen York was about 170lbs. when Appert signed him, if memory serves.
          I'm not really worried about his weight-unless they were exaggerating the 170 But comparing him to guys several inches shorter like Miller really is not reassuring for me. I suppose I need to see some film of him in action or in person before making any sort of judgement. But for now-i still think he needs some Lasagna or Chicken Parm dinners in the next year or two.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
            Agree 100%. I have a feeling that if Kasdorf has a great year he will sign. I hope SA gives the new goalie and Diebold some playing time especially in the ooc games early.I think it is crucial to know for sure what we have for tenders in the event he does bolt.Who knows maybe kassy and coach have already had this conversation.
            I also agree but surely it will turn out to be mostly about the money offered. Kasdorf has the world of opportunity ahead of him and an injury in college could stop much of that. If he has a good year and the money is right-how could anyone blame him for taking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I am sure that he knows that he needs to gain weight, as even Melanson is fat compared to him.
              Having stood close to Melanson years ago at Delbarton High-he is decidely thin but if his current listing is correct at 170, he has put on a bit which might be very helpful against some of the bigger boys he is now facing.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Kasdorf's team in the USHL also didn't understand the concept of defence. If he's a rookie, so be it, time to develop. I took a look at the rest of the team's stats before writing that, FWIW. Of course, there's plenty the sheet doesn't say, so obviously something is seen.
                He's 17. Looking at his team stats from last year, the Wolves scored about 2.7 GPG and almost 4 GPG. Some of that is goaltending sure, but if you're getting outscored every night, chances are the team started taking a lot of chances and hanging their keepers out to dry a lot. (I note that the other starter had a higher GAA than Dillon did, and Alec had 3 SO's in 24 starts.) Bottom line is you pigeonholed the kid without knowing a thing about him, and what Appert sees in him.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Nice article with a bit more info on Dillon.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...alent-1.608155
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                    I expect that Diebold will get playing time early on. I don't expect to see much time if any at all for Soffer.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I also agree but surely it will turn out to be mostly about the money offered. Kasdorf has the world of opportunity ahead of him and an injury in college could stop much of that. If he has a good year and the money is right-how could anyone blame him for taking it.
                      I agree with that, but it also depends a lot as to where Winnipeg thinks he will develop best. here's to hoping that they regard SA as a great developer of goalies.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He's 17. Looking at his team stats from last year, the Wolves scored about 2.7 GPG and almost 4 GPG. Some of that is goaltending sure, but if you're getting outscored every night, chances are the team started taking a lot of chances and hanging their keepers out to dry a lot. (I note that the other starter had a higher GAA than Dillon did, and Alec had 3 SO's in 24 starts.) Bottom line is you pigeonholed the kid without knowing a thing about him, and what Appert sees in him.
                        Thanks for that info. Up to a point, I think that playing for a bad defensive team is good for a goalie's development.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice article with a bit more info on Dillon.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...alent-1.608155
                          I don't think that article says any more than the one linked in post 287.

Sorry, I had to say it.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            I'm not really worried about his weight-unless they were exaggerating the 170 But comparing him to guys several inches shorter like Miller really is not reassuring for me. I suppose I need to see some film of him in action or in person before making any sort of judgement. But for now-i still think he needs some Lasagna or Chicken Parm dinners in the next year or two.
                            The comparison to York however is most accurate.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              The comparison to York however is most accurate.
                              I would change the word most in your post-perhaps using the words more accurate. As you well know, many of the posted hieghts and weights we get early on are shall we say, unreliable? I still need to see some video of this new fellow to better judge. As most here know, I do like the bigger fellows on my team-especially on defense-but i have never really felt one way or the other about goaltenders. As Wicked pointed out earlier-these days the equipment can make even the smallest guy look huge in the crease. There might even be a chance still for you RB as long as you can still do the splits.

Comment

Seth can't stop, Bradley Bell, D 17yo. Says very clearly he will be here for 14-15

https://twitter.com/Canuckscout/stat...52619194171392

https://twitter.com/bradleybell_/sta...79713802051584
                                Last edited by rsfs04; 09-23-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X