X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2013-14

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    That makes it sound we had little or no prior information about him. I hope and suspect that isn't the case. Relying on the performance in one game doesn't seem prudent unless he will be a recruited walk-on which is unlikely.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      That makes it sound we had little or no prior information about him. I hope and suspect that isn't the case. Relying on the performance in one game doesn't seem prudent unless he will be a recruited walk-on which is unlikely.
      true, but USHR terms it a Big Get.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Doubtful - not this staff's M.O.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Doubtful - not this staff's M.O.
          I agree, and tried to say that it wasn't the case. The link just made it sound that way.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            true, but USHR terms it a Big Get.
            I realized that, and I hope it is true. I guess that I will just ignore OTB's wording.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

College Hockey Inc also has Wilson as a 2014 recruit. The fact that all our defensive recruits in our future play the left side sticks out like a sore thumb, especially when Reno is moved to his proper year.

Wilson hasn't shown up yet on Chris Heisenberg's website.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wouldn't he (or Vines or even Graham) have seen him play along with Tironese? Perhaps in reviewing what was seen with him, or similar to how we picked up O'Grady, maybe Tironese dropped a hint to look at Wilson as well?

Comment

I agree, and tried to say that it wasn't the case. The link just made it sound that way.
                  Plus, from the recruit's point of view, he isn't going to just accept a walk-on or scholarship offer out of the blue, not at 19 especially.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Plus, from the recruit's point of view, he isn't going to just accept a walk-on or scholarship offer out of the blue, not at 19 especially.
                    That is a good point, however he could have gotten information from Evan Tironese and based his decision on that.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jared Wilson's Twitter account has his tweet announcing his committal as well as congratulatory tweets including one by the AV Bulldogs.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-20-2013, 11:38 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

That is a good point, however he could have gotten information from Evan Tironese and based his decision on that.
                        Very true. Sounds like a great pickup.

Comment

After all that speculating about what the decision to give Wilson an offer was based on, this was posted.

Former Bulldog Head Coach (2009-2010) Nolan Graham is an Assistant Coach at RPI, and apparently he liked what he saw in person in Wilson at the BCHL Showcase.
                          The rest of the article is also worth reading.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One thing we can definitely count on from Alberni Valley at this point is that they aren't going to butcher the name of our school and won't mistake our location, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              One thing we can definitely count on from Alberni Valley at this point is that they aren't going to butcher the name of our school and won't mistake our location, either.
                              One can never be sure how anyone will spell Rennselear.

BTW, it's good to see that SA is apparently not persona non grata at AV after whatever influence he used to get Evan Tironese to leave the team.

I also wonder where else SA is going to be on this four-day recruiting trip and if another signing is imminent.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

After all that speculating about what the decision to give Wilson an offer was based on, this was posted.

The rest of the article is also worth reading.
                                OK, now I see who Hammer is. Nope, not me.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X