Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

The box office at the Patty Center is only open Wednesday-Friday, so I'm surprised that this weekend's games were sold out before anyone had the chance to buy tickets on campus. Could all 2,OOO-some seats really be taken by season ticket holders (with maybe a few giveaways to community groups}?

Comment

I believe that students get in "free" to games since they already paid thru their required activity fee. I doubt any tickets were sold this week. Between season pass holders and students, the place should max out capacity quickly. Not sure how long they will wait after the doors open to declare they have "unsold" tickets. Probably won't happen. But this is just the way I think it works. Someone chime in if they know the real scoop.

Mercyhurst is a solid club. We should take two from them at home, but it won't be easy. If we don't skate hard for 60 minutes each game, our post season chances could take an early hit, just like they did last year against Canisius. Hopefully we learned a painful lesson last year. Every game counts.

Go Nooks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
        I believe that students get in "free" to games since they already paid thru their required activity fee. I doubt any tickets were sold this week. Between season pass holders and students, the place should max out capacity quickly. Not sure how long they will wait after the doors open to declare they have "unsold" tickets. Probably won't happen. But this is just the way I think it works. Someone chime in if they know the real scoop.

Mercyhurst is a solid club. We should take two from them at home, but it won't be easy. If we don't skate hard for 60 minutes each game, our post season chances could take an early hit, just like they did last year against Canisius. Hopefully we learned a painful lesson last year. Every game counts.

Go Nooks!
        Postseason chances already took a hit with the QU loss. If we drop one to Mercyhurst that'll probably be all she wrote, barring us winning the WCHA title.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Also I believe HooDoo Brewing is providing the beer this weekend.

And, we will be wearing retro sweaters. I'm not sure how retro, but the polar bear from the old school UAF logo is involved.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by blackwood72 View Post
            Only rookies and amateurs use Adobe. C'mon MAN!
            What can I say, I like to dabble in video.
            The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              Also I believe HooDoo Brewing is providing the beer this weekend.

And, we will be wearing retro sweaters. I'm not sure how retro, but the polar bear from the old school UAF logo is involved.
              This changes everything...
              The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

The building capacity is more like 1350, and that's with teams and support staff. Guess there are least that many season ticket holders. Am told that if all season ticket holders don't show up by the drop of the puck, they will let students in free to capacity....Heard they are doing video next door at the SRC.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                  The building capacity is more like 1350, and that's with teams and support staff. Guess there are least that many season ticket holders. Am told that if all season ticket holders don't show up by the drop of the puck, they will let students in free to capacity....Heard they are doing video next door at the SRC.....
                  Students get in "free" regardless. I think they set aside a certain number of seats for students...if they didn't then they need their heads examined.

Hopefully it's loud and rowdy, especially without the Carlson Center Fun Police roaming around.

Comment

If they are "powder blue" I want in on this Jersey auction.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      If they are "powder blue" I want in on this Jersey auction.
                      Looks like they are the jerseys from 1980-81. We will also wear them against UAA in March.

Here's the article: http://alaskananooks.com/news/2013/10/24/MHOCKEY_1024133708.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

Looks like they are the jerseys from 1980-81. We will also wear them against UAA in March.

Here's the article: http://alaskananooks.com/news/2013/1...x?path=mhockey
                        They do have a major upgrade.....the WCHA logo......
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

The audio on the web feed is so bad it is nearly unintelligible. I asked for a refund but I doubt I get it.

Comment

3-1 Mercyhurst in the 2nd. Just because we are playing in throwback jerseys doesn't mean we have to revert to the records of those yester years....

Comment

3-1 Mercyhurst in the 2nd. Just because we are playing in throwback jerseys doesn't mean we have to revert to the records of those yester years....
                              4-2 Mercyhurst toward the end of the 2nd period. Sounds loud, how many fans are in the Patty?
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                4-2 Mercyhurst toward the end of the 2nd period. Sounds loud, how many fans are in the Patty?
                                Not as many as I was expecting but there are a lot of people standing up top and down by the glass in the "beer garden". Disappointed in the lack of student involvement. Not as loud as I was expecting.

Comment

Working...
                                X