Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Originally posted by AKJD View Post
    Season ticket holders get first shot, anything left after that will be first come, first served.
    Don't overlook that the students get an immense chunk of the planks, maybe a rare sellout......
    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-21-2013, 01:31 AM.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

AFN really threw a screw into the schedule. Carlson Center had to take out the ice and AFN rented out the dipper. UAF tried hard, but the patty it is. Should be interesting to see how different the atmosphere is in a completely packed house, even a small one. I don't know if there is even a second locker room...? It's going to be a double whammy because not only can it hold maybe a third of the people, but there is no video equipment in place, so the streams will suffer. Audio/radio should be easy, but I'd bet that the video stream, if available, will be a single-camera shoot.

I'm going to try to make a video with all the footage collected of the Brice (UAF focused). I picked a song, and it's a slow solo piano composition, and I can't mentally get anything else to work. Maybe I'm getting senile, because something in my brain says "NO THIS DOESNT WORK" if I try to do anything else. I'm kind of worried, cause I usually go for something that rocks pretty hard. So it's the piano or Skrillex, but I'm too lazy to make that many cuts and speed-changing keyframes.

Also: Adobe Premiere sucks compared to final cut pro or even final cut X.

I found an irritant with the new Carlson Center expansion. Apparently they are heavily utilizing LED lighting that is pulsed hundreds or thousands of times a second. All my footage in that specific area looks like **** because I usually shoot sports with a high shutter speed, and don't have to change it when moving around the CC. Beware! 1/60 only, especially if shooting on a CMOS sensor.
      The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
        Some pretty good teams! I'm so excited to see Guy when we play Penn State.
        "Gadzilla" returns. The last year he was here that was his end-of-year video credit. I thought that was hilarious because he's a super nice guy... from my little experience with him.

Comment

...I wonder if I'll have to change my signature this year?

Nah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
            Don't overlook that the students get an immense chunk of the planks, maybe a rare sellout......
            Has UAA had a sellout this decade?
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
              Thanks. Wonder why it isn't at the Big Dipper, I see that the Ice Dogs are out of town during that weekend.
              This may only be part of the reason, but I doubt we have to pay to rent the Patty Center. Seeing as how we own it and all.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Has UAA had a sellout this decade?
                Hell yeah! Nearly every weekend, 6,000+ fans total from two games played
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                  Hell yeah! Nearly every weekend, 6,000+ fans total from two games played
                  Your last Home playoff's 3 game series was about that...... 6,000
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    Your last home playoff series....wait a minute......when was that? Anyone here been alive long enough to remember? If I remember right, that playoff series was right around spring break. Attendance was heavily influenced by that. Nice try.
                    All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      lol

Comment

Looks like the games are sold out this weekend. Patty should be packed.
                        All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                          Only rookies and amateurs use Adobe. C'mon MAN!

Comment

Only rookies and amateurs use Adobe. C'mon MAN!

Comment

AFN really threw a screw into the schedule. Carlson Center had to take out the ice and AFN rented out the dipper. UAF tried hard, but the patty it is. Should be interesting to see how different the atmosphere is in a completely packed house, even a small one. I don't know if there is even a second locker room...? It's going to be a double whammy because not only can it hold maybe a third of the people, but there is no video equipment in place, so the streams will suffer. Audio/radio should be easy, but I'd bet that the video stream, if available, will be a single-camera shoot.
                              I'm fine with one camera panning back and forth. Honestly, unless you can have a top-notch production, I'd prefer it. I honestly can't imagine how somebody can see the high angle center ice shot, where you can see the whole zone (as long as they don't get zoom happy), all the play developing, don't lose the puck, etc., and then decide to switch to a camera at the other end of the ice, looking through the glass, where you can barely tell what's going on

My bigger concern is using Stretch. I've watched it several times this season, and haven't been impressed. The Blue-Gold game's video cut out before the second half even began, and I've watched several volleyball games, and they had LOTS of choppy video. I don't remember the video being that choppy for the hockey scrimmage, so maybe these are problems with their setup rather than with Stretch. Either way, hopefully it works out, I'm just leery of paying for a feed that seems to have had so many issues so far.

Comment

Patty Center or not, this has been an easy schedule so far in terms of travel. Since our first WCHA series at home, we don't need to leave Alaska until 11/8, to visit LSSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X