Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    CC, WMU, and probably St. Cloud.
    St Cloud was asked to join as everybody needed a 4 pt bus stop.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Anybody know if the HD cameras will be up and running this weekend?
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
        Good points....still can't do it!
        Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! You couldn't pay me to cheer for Anchorage. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Anybody know if the HD cameras will be up and running this weekend?
          If they are anything like the "goal tender pads” snafu the cameras are sitting on the UAA receiving dock.
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
            I'm the same way, can't root for uaf, although blue is my favourite college football and nfl teams primary colors, can't root for uaf. Please change your colors so I can wear blue without feeling dirty
            You looked soooo fine in that custom-made Powder blue suit you had to ditch when UA_ had those “baby blue throw backs" made a number of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
              Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! You couldn't pay me to cheer for Anchorage. :-)
              And believe me, the feeling is mutual! At least mmf rooted for UAA last weekend.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Soooo does anyone know how the seating is going to work with this weekends upcoming games? Assuming it'll be first come first served?

Comment

Soooo does anyone know how the seating is going to work with this weekends upcoming games? Assuming it'll be first come first served?
                  Are they playing at the Patty Center? If so, why?
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Are they playing at the Patty Center? If so, why?
                    It's afn week. And it's in Fairbanks this year and the Carlson is the only facility available to host an event like that
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Season ticket holders get first shot, anything left after that will be first come, first served.

Comment

Thanks. Wonder why it isn't at the Big Dipper, I see that the Ice Dogs are out of town during that weekend.

Comment

I always heard it was for the Ice Dogs, but you're right, they're away. Went to the Big Dipper's schedule page and it looks like AFN rented it out for something, all the way through next Sunday. Odd, but that's what I'm seeing.

Comment

In past years at the Brice, they would announce next years teams (besides UAA). I didn't hear anything this weekend and wondering if somebody out there might have. Who are next years Brice teams? I think Penn State is one (if I'm correct), but who is the other?
                            Alaska - My Very Big Back Yard!!!!

Comment

2014-15 Brice Alaska Goal Rush:
                              UAF, UAA, Penn State, Air Force

2014-15 Kendall Classic:
                              UAA, UAF, Maine, Wisconsin

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                                2014-15 Brice Alaska Goal Rush:
                                UAF, UAA, Penn State, Air Force

2014-15 Kendall Classic:
                                UAA, UAF, Maine, Wisconsin
                                Some pretty good teams! I'm so excited to see Guy when we play Penn State.

Comment

Working...
                                X