Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
    As a Ferris fan, I'm just going to chime in for a post or two. This is a tough trip for Ferris! Ok, this is a tough trip for any team to make. With that said, Ferris is playing well and I see two points for each team this weekend. If Ferris stays focused and sweeps this weekend, the WCHA cup could be in their hands by the end of the weekend. I would love to make the trip one year to see Ferris beat up on either Alaska team, but for now its just a pipe dream.

So with all that said....................... GO FERRIS!!!!!!
    If you want to watch Ferris beat up on an Alaska team, you'd have better luck in Anchorage.

This is a big weekend for the Nooks, and I hope we continue the wounded dog mentality we seem to have developed in the last month or so. If not,it's going to be a long weekend.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Well now...winner winner chicken dinner. Congrats to basketball for getting that monkey off their backs.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        Well now...winner winner chicken dinner. Congrats to basketball for getting that monkey off their backs.
        Games like that are why I want osbourne fired.
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

• Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
          Games like that are why I want osbourne fired.
          Osbourne kept you on the map in basketball, why would you want him gone? Nooks wanted this game more, plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            Osbourne kept you on the map in basketball, why would you want him gone? Nooks wanted this game more, plain and simple.
            The past three seasons have been mediocre at best. Osbourne keeps over recruiting and we have lost a lot of really decent talent over the years due to lack of playing time (Colin spickerman and jalen little come to mind).

Yes I'll admit uaf wanted it more tonight, but that streak should've ended last year. If osbourne leaves, I hope UAA plucks Durham from you rednecks

Edit: i have a lot higher expectations for the basketball program.
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

The past three seasons have been mediocre at best. Osbourne keeps over recruiting and we have lost a lot of really decent talent over the years due to lack of playing time (Colin spickerman and jalen little come to mind).

Yes I'll admit uaf wanted it more tonight, but that streak should've ended last year. If osbourne leaves, I hope UAA plucks Durham from you rednecks

Was really hoping UAA would have taken that game. Oh well BBALL still in the playoffs.

Comment

UAA needs butts in seats to fill this new palace of yours starting next year. You don't put butts in seats by losing games. If I was AD, I wouldn't willingly part ways with a known winning coach in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  UAA needs butts in seats to fill this new palace of yours starting next year. You don't put butts in seats by losing games. If I was AD, I wouldn't willingly part ways with a known winning coach in that scenario.
                  I hear there will be lots of ice in that new palace.
                  All of it in drink glasses.
                  I haven't asked if they will have beer glasses. By the way, those don't require ice, so........
                  And does the Patty allow alcohol??? They've got ice in there.
                  Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-28-2014, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    I think the monkey is still pulling the reins ………
                    ALL-TIME vs. UAF: UAA leads 73-22 (31-17 at UAF) / Last Meeting: UAA 96-76 (12/7/13 at UAA) / Streak: UAA 16 / Notes: UAA has the longest streak in series history at 16, although the last four of the last five games have been decided by six points or less … UAA has won seven straight at the Patty Center since a 76-73 loss on Jan. 28, 2006 … UAA leads 20-6 in GNAC meetings (since 2001-02) and 43-10 since 1990 …
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      I think the monkey is still pulling the reins ………
                      ALL-TIME vs. UAF: UAA leads 73-22 (31-17 at UAF) / Last Meeting: UAA 96-76 (12/7/13 at UAA) / Streak: UAA 16 / Notes: UAA has the longest streak in series history at 16, although the last four of the last five games have been decided by six points or less … UAA has won seven straight at the Patty Center since a 76-73 loss on Jan. 28, 2006 … UAA leads 20-6 in GNAC meetings (since 2001-02) and 43-10 since 1990 …
                      I knew this would bring you out of your bat cave. Nice copy and paste work.

Comment

took way too long to edit. It's very cool seeing what they are saying on the ice, including the language. Mic'ed officials and players will never be broadcast.
                        The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post

took way too long to edit. It's very cool seeing what they are saying on the ice, including the language. Mic'ed officials and players will never be broadcast.
                          Great wide angle lense to capture the full body of Butterbean on the bench from close range.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            Great wide angle lense to capture the full body of Butterbean on the bench from close range.
                            I'd take Butterbean over Bilbo Baggins any day.

Comment

Tim O'Donnell tweeted it, and I'll confirm it: if the Nanooks win tonight, they're in the postseason. At 28 points, their worst case is Bemidji winning out. However, that keeps Bowling Green at no more than 26 points. I think that it's unlikely that a sweep will happen, but there is a lot on the line.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

We probably should refrain from making disparaging remarks about personal attributes. It is not politically correct.

On an unrelated note, I found this after the Brice and was wondering if anybody knew who it belongs to?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Comment

Working...
                                X