Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2013-14 Season Thread - On the Road to Perdition...

Looks like Butterbean had some luck out at the dump
    Seems to have found some defense
    Maybe somebody will drop a goalie off for him next week

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Looks like Butterbean had some luck out at the dump
      Seems to have found some defense
      Maybe somebody will drop a goalie off for him next week
      Sean mother*** Cahill.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Cahill did all you could ask for tonight. He was pretty solid against Tech also. If he gets the nod at Bemidji, hopefully he can come out with a solid performance and then go on with a few good back-to-back games. We have three goaltenders that can put in a solid performance, but we’ve been lacking consistency. Maybe we have turned that corner.

Go Nooks!

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
          Cahill did all you could ask for tonight. He was pretty solid against Tech also. If he gets the nod at Bemidji, hopefully he can come out with a solid performance and then go on with a few good back-to-back games. We have three goaltenders that can put in a solid performance, but we’ve been lacking consistency. Maybe we have turned that corner.

Go Nooks!
          That he did. Four goals allowed isn't great, but on a couple of those he couldn't have done anything, including the one where his helmet got knocked off (gee, wonder how that happened). But he also made some great saves, especially one in the 2nd during a UAA PP where he absolutely robbed UAA...it was the one where the whole crowd started cheering thinking they had scored. It feels good to get a solid goalie performance again.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            That he did. Four goals allowed isn't great, but on a couple of those he couldn't have done anything, including the one where his helmet got knocked off (gee, wonder how that happened). But he also made some great saves, especially one in the 2nd during a UAA PP where he absolutely robbed UAA...it was the one where the whole crowd started cheering thinking they had scored. It feels good to get a solid goalie performance again.
            Amazing save that was! I partially think someone was working magic to create an invisible force field cause UAA fans weren't the only ones who thought they scored.

Comment

Sounds like Kunyk made a nice play on Saturday. Anyone have video?
              All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                Sounds like Kunyk made a nice play on Saturday. Anyone have video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrydhdYB8O8

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrydhdYB8O8
                  Thank you!
                  All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

watching the game right now. The announcers for bemidji don't realize there are two alaska teams, apparently. They continually refer to us as alaska-anchorage. Awesome, they don't even know what team they are playing against...
                    The Alaska Airlines Governors cup is where it belongs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                      watching the game right now. The announcers for bemidji don't realize there are two alaska teams, apparently. They continually refer to us as alaska-anchorage. Awesome, they don't even know what team they are playing against...
                      They should know who we are now after that beat down. We should have swept, but I'll take a win and a tie on the road pretty much anytime.

That win in Anchorage was huge. We have our swagger back. Considering we are at home most of the 2nd half, we should be able to make a push in the standings.

Comment

Originally posted by Methodical View Post
                        The guys they have up their are not very bright or good.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

They had made a comment about how they have more skilled players on their team...I was like yeahhh that's why we just had 5 different guys score on your usual go-to goalie.

One of them also said "Do we even know what a Nanook is?" then played it off that most people in the lower 48 wouldn't know what it is either.

Comment

• My apologies for the TV coverage referring to you wrong last night. The only excuse I can think of is that the color guy named Monsrud was gone and having a former student backing up our play by play guy threw the whole night off. I am sure there was absolutely no disrespect intended because Bemidji just isn't that type of place. As an alum of BSU and as a Beavs fan, we're sorry.

On to other items, you guys have an excellent power play. Very unselfish players who work hard to find the open shot. Congrats on the win. Well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                              My apologies for the TV coverage referring to you wrong last night. The only excuse I can think of is that the color guy named Monsrud was gone and having a former student backing up our play by play guy threw the whole night off. I am sure there was absolutely no disrespect intended because Bemidji just isn't that type of place. As an alum of BSU and as a Beavs fan, we're sorry.

On to other items, you guys have an excellent power play. Very unselfish players who work hard to find the open shot. Congrats on the win. Well deserved.
                              No need to apologize. We need to lighten up a bit. It’s a couple of guys trying to keep the banter flowing who are used to playing Anchorage. Our guys called MTU two or three other names all weekend long when they were up here. Old habits die hard. Your guys were generally proud and complimentary of your team without being disrespectful to ours. They gave our team credit where due. It’s the way it should be. Overall, the quality of your AmericaOne stream is very good. I hope ours gets to that level.

Regarding the games. I expected more even play than I saw. I thought the Nooks were clearly a faster and better skating club (no disrespect to BSU’ announcer’s opinions ). And finally we got a couple of bounces our way. We have played some good games this year but shot ourselves in the foot with defensive miscues and less than stellar goalie play. Hopefully we have turned the corner and start climbing in the conference standings. We are as good as any team in this conference. Now we just need to put the shovel down and prove it in the second half.

Comment

Funny you should mention that. I watched your game against Tech, and as mmf said, Bruce referred to Tech as Michigan State three times, and yet another team once or twice.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X