Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dartmouth Big Green Women's Ice Hockey Team- 2013/2014

Go Big Green!

See 17 players (of forty three invited) from ECAC on Canada U-22 Development Team. Seven from Clarkson, five (one- Jessica Campbell, however, not able to attend) Cornell; Quinnipiac, Harvard, Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale each with one.

Courtesy of Hockey Canada:

"Selection Camp Schedule
    Selection Camp Roster CALGARY, Alberta – Hockey Canada announced last week that Dartmouth’s Laura Stacey was one of 40 players invited to Canada’s National Development Team selection camp. The camp takes place August 10-18 at the Markin MacPhail Centre, Hockey Canada’s home arena at Canada Olympic Park in Calgary."

Great Congratulations, Laura!

http://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/20...B_OEM_ID=11600
    Last edited by papulaisle; 08-26-2013, 04:45 PM.

Re: Dartmouth Big Green Women's Ice Hockey Team- 2013/2014

Thirteen National Women's Development Team players selected for three-game series with Canadian Women's Team. List includes Dartmouth's Laura Stacey. Wahoo!! Good work, Laura (she also had the OT winner for team Black in the second -of three- inter squad games)! Woo Woo!

Eight of the thirteen selected to advance are from the ECAC- three from Clarkson- Ambrose (D), Rattray(F) and Mercer(F); one each from Harvard, Edney(D), Dartmouth, Lacey(F), Quinnipiac, Kosta(F), Princeton, Newell(G) and Cornell, Saulnier(F). Good work all!

NCAA GOES EAST IN "14!

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Tea...sters/Selected

Go Green Go!
    Last edited by papulaisle; 08-19-2013, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Dartmouth Big Green Women's Ice Hockey Team- 2013/2014

Former Dartmouth player (and stand-out), Gillian Apps, scored one of three goals for the White team at Canadian camp as above. White and Red teams playing three games together before younger thirteen (who just recently arrived from their own selection camp) depart. All forty players are on rosters of one of these two development teams (White or Red) - including Dartmouth's current Laura Stacey.

Nice- GREAT job girls ,,, women!

Wahoo!

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Tea...Aug-21-RED-WHT
      Last edited by papulaisle; 08-26-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Dartmouth has a better then perhaps expected incoming class with Emma Korbs twice a participant, if I have it right, in Team Canada Undr. 18 as well as six other strong recruits including Robyn Chemago, goal- from Slave Lake, Sask. (Ahem: Slave Lake currently located in P. Albrta.)

Already benefiting from the likes of Laura Stacey, et al, likely the Green will be seen as a factor in the run for the championship in the ECAC (alone) this season!

Look out upstate ... u apple knockers: Icky-ca, Cantoon, Pats(y)dam, et al.

Yes!

Go Green Go.
        Last edited by papulaisle; 09-10-2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by papulaisle View Post
          Dartmouth has a better then perhaps expected incoming class with Emma Korbs twice a participant, if I have it right, in Team Canada Undr. 18 as well as six other strong recruits including Robyn Chemago, goal- from Slave Lake, Sask.
          Last time I looked, Slave Lake was still in Alberta

Comment

Ah me- Whoops! Sorry about that. Thanks, hab (just haven't been up/out there to Slave Lake recently enough I guess). More on Korbs (above) below-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ros-superstars

http://thedartmouth.com/2013/05/16/sports/hockey

Comment

Who knew, women? Who knew. Can happen to you (ANY of you ... )!

http://www.uscho.com/photos/2013/04/...vs-quinnipiac/

Comment

Green chosen sixth in ECAC by coaches. But first poll has us, say, twelfth ahead of SLU and Q. Thus fourth behind Potsdam, Ithaca and Cambridge sixes in this twelve team league.

Tend to agree as to SLU & Q.

--------------------------------------------

Eastern teams intimidated by western teams. Maybe a little not so w. Cambridge women (they so, so naturally 'cocky' ... more ) but in some ways may have right to be (but I so LOVED the Eli's win!)

Bravo!

But, BU.

Ha!

There is here the required cachet and these women could win out.
                Especially what w. this an Olympic year.

Someone tell them, please. So they will ... work (not so they will ... 'strut').

Is time east. C'mon! **** (< like, 'darn' ... but STRONGER)
                Way, way past due time.

Comment

Not sure. Definitely not a team that's been in the running for titles for some time know. Not sure what the problem is. Perhaps scouting may be caught up in following the crowd. Or maybe they are just rude to good potential recruits - who knows. It is my understanding that in Canada dozens of great players don't even get a tryout for their respective U18 provincial team. Unlike the US it is quite possible that the very best player her age in Canada may never be granted a tryout for an elite U18 type team. There are always a few good players on mediocre teams. Why is it at the showcase tournaments I notice Minnesota watching the games that no one else seems that interested in. My guess is there is a big Pronger like D out there waiting for a phone call. She could be one of the few missing pieces for artmouth. Remembering the y2k Green teams. Go green.

Comment

"Valleyboy", did you by any chance through hike the A.T. once? Maybe, 2002 on trail? We had a Valleyboy trail hiker (but there was a, "g" in there with him; am thinking there might be a "g" conversely in there w. u.) I like. :-) Think also you 'valley' is upper and would be VER surprised if this coach 'rude', no? Methinks strongly ... not. Like your Green color and thanks. May be Dartmouth will pick it up a notch. Are even some short-handed with my count of twenty on the roster. And, yes, I bet someone, or one's, are out looking. Just where you suggested we hope!

Yet, listening to Antral Rolle recently. He safety for NY Giants, as you may know- also unanimous choice All-American corner back, I think corner back ... at Miami. He say: U ... 'can control your heart and your determination'. We surely agree here at 89 Stuart Avenue. Have so for some time (agreed). I watched number six of recent years bring it that way. Saw her deny Bus Load from Ithaca one recent year near the opposing team Blue Line. B.Load of players who wanted to move puck away from their end all congregated around our lone forward. Six wanted it to not move- it just in the zone. So she won out.

Used elbows, legs as stretched out there against the boards, skates in a sweeping motion from a-flat the ice, face/mask once a puck flipped up, stick front-ward and back-ward, heinie, maybe ill eagle ly a glove or two, other B.L.'s teams sticks (more than once ...) Was, O' Glory, a tremendous sight and victory for Antral and us and heart and determination and o' so, so much!

How did she accomplish that? How, folks and Valleyboy and Antral and God and all good in this world ... did she keep that puck in the Big Red zone? Again, let us hear it from Antral and one of these times out there on the ice ... remember ... heed ... celebrate.

U, 'can control your heart' and 'you can control your determination'.

Gee, I like that.

Further from Antral-
                    "Go out and do what you are capable of doing!"

Comment

Nice ....! and Yep. Love to hike... It's about the journey, company, conversation, time spent, common goal... a lifetime of memories. The trail brings childhood like anticipation and excitement for all without the associated recycling. A little fresh air is very healthy for the heart and soul... and stays with throughout. Apologies...decidedly not rude, so I will correct myself with that choice of word, maybe just a little distracted living for so long among a forest of tweed and tweet. This could give rise to the 'control' issues - but as you quoted - for the Green. Those key traits are the ones that are the difference between ranking 6 and 1. I found it odd and coincidence that you mention #6 in your comment so I'll reciprocate about a #6 I watched in Stoney and Nepean ... One of a select few kids that could log 25 + minutes as a freshman D in D1 hockey. Somehow missed (out of province so not eligible for Ontario u18), dressed as a bear, easily sitting alone on the top of a mountain, living in the Alberta Canadian Rockies ... found out that a Dartmouth Green connection was included - by way of a Hartford Vt. boys team jersey. Wow. Simplified for math lovers... big talented kid + a # 1 (first) hockey dream to play for that team = a compete level that isn't usually recruiteable (and would bring two of the 'can controls' you quoted to the ice for the green). Cheers

Comment

Thanks for your note! Great. Will get back to you and reply more fully. Obviously you a serious correspondent deserving of attention and a thoughtful reply. Team having s l ooo w start. Maybe need more skaters, say. Do know Coach will round these gals into women (people) at a minimum. He so good in my view. Makes women of girls. I conducted poll once of staff at rink (Thompson). Overwhelmingly liked this coach- ticket takers, ticket sellers, trainers, concession stand folks, Zamboni drivers (even), you name it.

He get ya, what Rodney couldn't get none of ... and Aretha wanted just a little bit ... of, Doctor- r e s p e c t.

I aiming for Triple Crown (Google, Fly-in' Bryan Robinson- did Triple all in one year: 7,700 miles. Egad). Have done AT and to Columbia river on PCT from Mexico. Next, this spring (i am hoping) the CDT with my son. We see. Grizzlies on CDT. Yikes.

Go Green Go !!!
                        Last edited by papulaisle; 10-29-2013, 08:51 PM. Reason: Forgot cheer for Dartmouth!

Comment

Triple crown sounds incredible... That would solve the problem of wanting to hit the snooze button in the morning. You will have to tie a few hockey cowbells to your packs (or old pots like the miners used to) to help keep the grizzlies at a distance. Agreed 100 percent re: coach. Very good to say the least. He makes a very difficult job seem easy. Classy! Just trying to bring a few 'triple crown' racehorses to his attention. Re Hiking: Great hiking in Banff - watch out for a big grizzly roaming those parts. I'm planning to hike there in the spring. Forward, I'd take an 'Aero' plane to help get there. Try the (El) Ridge trail that caused trouble in Ohio State. Another can control 'Good team' intangible - chemistry - that is difficult to recruit. Spring hockey connection with the two. Hoping the slow start is just a necessary step towards building a championship team. Go Big Green

Comment

Pulling for Dartmouth! Traditionally a front runner in ECAC. So, chance to imperess where expectation is that Dartmouth won't impress, more (much more as you know) up-state. All expectations on SLU and (especially) Knights (but really both), say. One way to remedy: outwork.

Leave the ice, Potsdam, arena, rink, whathaveyou, (Canton) entire N. Country wagging your tail if Y O U do!

Woo woo

Play as you are capable of playing (your own game). Never quit.

Outwork opponent

I think that does ... cover it.

Thanks for hiking info. Hope to get to those places. May attempt (who knows- some, o l d) CDT in Feb/Mar. Best to you!

Go Green Go!

Comment

Working...
                            X