Moffat takes Castleton job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moffat takes Castleton job

Congrats to Steve Moffat on his new job at Castleton replacing Alex Todd as the Spartans head coach. Moff brings a wealth of experience as an All-American player at Plattsburgh State and as Bob Emery's top assistant for the last several seasons. Excellent guy, great recruiter with a thorough knowledge of the college game. Castleton won't need a new coach for as long as he wants to stay. Good luck Steve !!

Re: Moffat takes Castleton job

Congratulations to Steve. If Steve views penalties the same way Bob Emery did I wonder how many games it will take before a player is benched for a game for taking a foolish penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by VT bragging rights View Post
      Congratulations to Steve. If Steve views penalties the same way Bob Emery did I wonder how many games it will take before a player is benched for a game for taking a foolish penalty.
      I can guarantee you that Castleton fans (and DIII hockey) will be seeing a different brand of hockey. The school has seemingly shown a high interest in the program, if they give Moff the tools Norwichs run will be coming to an end, and even the biggest Cadet fan will agree in terms of hockey that THAT is a good thing.
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I have always wondered when or if Moffat was ever going to leave Plattsburgh. One thought was he didn't want to coach against his former team in the same league. So this move makes sense. Yes they will play each other but it won't be in the same league. Congrads to him as I am sure Castleton will improve even further.
        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

So how long before Castleton is added as the 4th team in the PrimeLink?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
            So how long before Castleton is added as the 4th team in the PrimeLink?
            How long till the Interlock comes back?
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Great news. I played Jrs with Steve so appy he is still in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                How long till the Interlock comes back?
                Much as I wish we could turn the clock back, and much as this potentially could have changed that decision, it never will be back.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                  Much as I wish we could turn the clock back, and much as this potentially could have changed that decision, it never will be back.
                  Probably the wrong thread, but did the loss of the Interlock hurt the ECAC-E more than the NESCAC?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I think it actually lowered the profile of the NESCAC and took them down in hockey perception. Just one person's take. I do think we will see a much more disciplined CSC team in the future
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Probably the wrong thread, but did the loss of the Interlock hurt the ECAC-E more than the NESCAC?
                      It is the wrong thread. So start a new one, hint-hint, for this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by nescachockey View Post
                        It is the wrong thread. So start a new one, hint-hint, for this topic.
                        Nah. That topic was beaten to death when the I ended.

However, back on topic -- for those in the know, how does recruiting go when the coach moves from school A to school B? Is there a gentlemen's agreement not to poach?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Good for Moffat and good luck. I'll be very curious to see if he brings the disciplined, strong defensive style in with him? I have a feeling it will be exciting to watch this program further develop...they have some decent players coming back.
                          2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                          2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                          2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                          2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Nah. That topic was beaten to death when the I ended.

However, back on topic -- for those in the know, how does recruiting go when the coach moves from school A to school B? Is there a gentlemen's agreement not to poach?
                            Ask John Lyly
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I think the first year after an assistant leaves, he is obligated to ask if his former team has any interest in certain players he's looked at. After that, you're on your own. That's just a guess on my part on how it goes. Moffat and Emery have been great friends for years so I don't think there's a chance of anything shady.

Comment

Working...
                              X